The Reactor Core (The Atomic Punk’s Archive)

Home Forums The HeroMachine Art Gallery The Reactor Core (The Atomic Punk’s Archive)

Viewing 15 posts - 331 through 345 (of 492 total)
  • Author

The Atomic Punk
    Participant

Character Design Challenge: Squire Random of Randomberg

“Bad, Mr. Whiskers! No outside for you anymore!”

Attack Track
    AtomicPunk-AttackTrack.png

The Atomic Punk
    Participant

Character Contest #H01 “Robotic Duo”

After five years, Jeff Hebert announced his retirement from hosting HeroMachine’s daily blog to focus on expanding the items and the program itself. Hammerknight hosts the contests now. His first challenge: design a pair of robots who work as partners.

Steampunk is the inspiration for Field Marshall Clank. Fodderbot is simply a grunt under his command. I intended both to be entries in the Super Omega Deathbattle Warzone Apocalypse contest. I did not finish them in time. Still, they fit into the video game that I envision.

Both are still “drafts.” There is not a lot of zypping or pop to either. Fodderbot’s color-scheme is too green. However, it does save the foundry money on paint.

Field Marshall Clank and Fodderbot
    AtomicPunk-FieldMarshalClank-FodderBot.png

Field Marshall Clank
    AtomicPunk-FieldMarshallClank.png

Fodderbot
    AtomicPunk-FodderBot.png

The Atomic Punk
    Participant

Character Contest #H02 “Cryptozoology”

My Dover Demon is a slightly larger than a cat. I’ve been watching to many re-runs of X-Files.

The Dover Demon

AtomicPunk-DoverDemon.png

The Dover Demon was first seen outside near a bar by three seventeen-year-old boys who were driving through the Massachusetts area when the car’s headlights illuminated it. Bill Bartlett, the driver, reported that he saw what he thought at first was a dog or a cat, but upon closer inspection realized that it was a bizarre, unearthly-looking creature crawling along a stone wall on Farm Street.

Hammerknight
    Participant

I need to put some of my older stuff on this forum. It would take a long time to do. lol Great job with filling in your pass with HM.

The Atomic Punk
    Participant

Thanks, HK. It’s fun going through the retrospect. I can’t believe how many characters and designs that I’ve created. It’s also been fun watching HeroMachine evolve into an on-line community.

Character Contest #H02 “Cryptozoology”

I like this plucky fellow.

The Canvey Island Monster
    AtomicPunk-CanveyIslandMonster.png

Close-up
    AtomicPunk-CanveyIslandMonster_cu.png

The Atomic Punk
    Participant

Character Contest #H03 “70’s Super Hero”

I wasn’t in a hero mood. Tried zypping her crown. Didn’t care for the results and deleted it. Zypping is something that just eludes me.

Killer Queen
    AtomicPunk-KillerQueen.png

Close-up
    AtomicPunk-KillerQueen_cu.png

JR19759
    Keymaster

She’s guaranteed to blow your mind Wink

The Atomic Punk
    Participant

Thanks, JR. I am fighting the urge to go into my epic rant how unfair that Freddie Mercury is gone yet Justin Beiber walks this earth.

Character Contest #H04 “Exoskeleton”

Almost every space opera has a race of capitalists. That’s the inspiration behind this merchant. Makes sense that he would try to put a non-Glepfackiark customer’s mind at ease. He always greets buyers with a smile and a handshake.

Smilin’ Sam’s Auto Sales
    AtomicPunk-SmilinSamsAutoSales.png

Close-up
    AtomicPunk-SmilinSamsAutoSales_cu.png

Herr D
    Participant

HEY! Smilin’ Sam’s smile is more real than anyone who helped ME at a car dealership–Is that the deluxe exoskeleton package, or what?

The Atomic Punk
    Participant

Thanks, Herr D. Yes, Smilin’ Sam not only buys the best – he only sells the best.

Character Contest #H05 “Musketeers”

Design characters based on the Three (Four) Musketeers. Alexandre Dumas is one of my favorite writers. I decided to go with the Musketeers’ antagonists. The lazy, inattentive King Louis XIII; the resentful Queen Anne; and the real power behind the throne Cardinal Richelieu.

Les Trois Adversaires
    AtomicPunk-TroisAdversaires.png

The Atomic Punk
    Participant

Character Contest #H06 “Name Game”

No entries for this contest.

Character Contest #H07 “The Nature of Wings”

The rules for this contest were: “Angels, fairies, demons, and the like, anything that has natural wings.” Ummm… in other words, a character whose wings were like those of birds, butterflies, bats, etc. I just couldn’t get past the irony. So I made this iron lady.

Baroque Valquery
    AtomicPunk-BaroqueValquery.png

Close-up
    AtomicPunk-BaroqueValquery_cu.png

The Atomic Punk
    Participant

Character Contest #H08 “Atlantis Revealed”

My concept is that Atlantis is not a lost island of advanced humans. It is a failed alien invasion.

Atlantean
    atomicpunk-atlantean.png

Atlantis was not an island but a colony ship. The Atlanteans had come to earth to establish a beachhead. These lobster-like aliens are an amphibious species. Earth’s atmosphere lacks key elements for respiration. Though they are able to survive crushing depths, Atlanteans need re-breathers in order to survive outside the mother ship.

Originally moored outside the Greek islands, Atlantis was almost destroyed when an enemy race nuked it. Humans mistook the massive explosion as a super-volcano erupting on the island of Santorini. The wounded ship attempted to escape only to crash in the Caribbean Sea.

For thousands of years since, the Atlanteans have been trying to repair their ship. Progress is impossibly slow as they cannot allow humans to know of their presence and materiel is in short supply. All construction is done underwater. To ward off intruders and claim salvage, the Atlanteans use a powerful generator that draws ships and planes beneath the waves. This area is known to humans as “the Bermuda Triangle.”

Close-up
    atomicpunk-atlantean_cu.png

The Atomic Punk
    Participant

Character Contest #H09 “Horror Movie”

I should have tried to make some sort of filling like lettuce and cheese sticking out from the bun.

The Sandwich Horror
    atomicpunk-thesandwichhorror.png

Close-up
    atomicpunk-thesandwichhorror_cu.png

Herr D
    Participant

Or people, cars, planes–

The Atomic Punk
    Participant

True, Herr D. An eldritch horror would probably eat a tour bus sandwich. Smile

Character Contest #H10 “Old West Villains”

I fancy this guy as a far distant ancestor of another infamous baron. Care to guess?

Baron Roberts
    AtomicPunk-BaronRoberts.png

Close-up
    AtomicPunk-BaronRoberts_cu.png

Viewing 15 posts - 331 through 345 (of 492 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.