The Reactor Core (The Atomic Punk’s Archive)

Home Forums The HeroMachine Art Gallery The Reactor Core (The Atomic Punk’s Archive)

Viewing 15 posts - 346 through 360 (of 492 total)
  • Author

Myro
    Participant

Okay, this is going to bug me, so let us know if no one gets it. As for me, I have nary a clue.

The Atomic Punk
    Participant

Myro, the Baron Vladimir Harkonnen of Giedi Prime, of course. Like I said, my Baron might be a far distant relative. A far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far distant relative. Wink

Character Contest #H11 “Game’s On”

Design a sports-themed hero. Unfortunately, no entries for this contest.

Character Contest #H12 “Old School #1 Country Pride”

Design a hero whom you would be proud to represent your home country. Admittedly, this one was easy for me to come up with ideas.

The Bald Eagle
    AtomicPunk-BaldEagle.png

For 45 years, stuntman Edward Adams fought crime as “The American Eagle.” After he announced his retirement and went public, the White House offered him a job as a goodwill ambassador. Adams now makes special appearances and is a frequent guest speaker.

A younger hero continues as “The American Eagle” on her own. Edward was both flattered and humbled. With good spirit, he adopted the self-depreciating identity of “The Bald Eagle.”

Close-up
    AtomicPunk-BaldEagle_cu.png

Hammerknight
    Participant

The Bald Eagle has that Jay Garrick/Green Lantern look to him.

The Atomic Punk
    Participant

Thanks, HammerKinght. I wanted him to have an old school look. That comparison says that I was successful. At some point, I will design American Eagle II.

A blue-collar hero and one of the newest additions to my meta-verse. Likewise, I have since included Bald Eagle and American Eagle.

Mountain Home
    http://www.heromachine.com/wp-content/legacy/forum-image-uploads/the-atomic-punk/2013/04/AtomicPunk-MountainHome.png

When they reached the bottom of the gorge, the other track laborers were amazed and horrified. Their co-worker had survived the fall. After a long silence, one asked, “You okay, buddy?”

Rhett Mellor rose to his feet. The normally soft-spoken Idaho native answered, “Okay? I feel freaking fantastic! Hey… what’s with my voice?!?”

Close-up
    http://www.heromachine.com/wp-content/legacy/forum-image-uploads/the-atomic-punk/2013/04/AtomicPunk-MountainHome_cu.png

Herr D
    Participant

“Rhett, I don’t know how to say this–you need some moisturizer.”

CantDraw
    Participant

I enjoyed the background on the Atlanteans. It sounds like an interesting story. More please?

The Atomic Punk
    Participant

Thanks, Herr D and CantDraw. I plan to write more. Just too many other commitments right now. http://www.heromachine.com/wp-content/legacy/forum-smileys/sf-frown.gif

I have a number of female superheroes in mind as a sort of “Miss America” contest. Slowly designing a “50 States” collection of my own. I already designed Spes from South Carolina with a reference to her rival The Black River Bombshell. If costumed superheroes were real, there would be some sort of beauty / power pageant.

Here is my latest power queen. Not sure of her actual powers. Maybe a speedster or a Captain Marvel… jaybee77 posted a similar character before I did (Miss America 2013). Just to note. I do not view other contest entries until the end. I don’t want other ideas to influence or interfere with my own creative process. Any similarities are coincidental. Just wanted to put that out there so no one accuses me of plagiarism or paranoia or weak sauce.

Miss Meta 2012

Arlington Angel
    http://www.heromachine.com/wp-content/legacy/forum-image-uploads/the-atomic-punk/2013/04/AtomicPunk-ArlingtonAngel.png

Close-up
    http://www.heromachine.com/wp-content/legacy/forum-image-uploads/the-atomic-punk/2013/04/AtomicPunk-ArlingtonAngel_cu.png

The Atomic Punk
    Participant

Character Contest #H13 “Old School #2 The Brick Yard”

Design the archetype “Brick” character. This design I leave open for the viewer to interpret. Who is the “brick?” Is it the restaurant host who defeated the giant robot? Is it the defeated robot? Is it a character unseen? Or is this a first-person perspective? That the viewer is the brick?

The Maître D’
    AtomicPunk-MaitreD.png

Herr D
    Participant

Hey, man, I have reservations . . . about staying. Goodbye!

Alexander of Limbo
    Participant

I love the effect

Weilyn

Haha, awesome! Especially love the apathetic bystanders. I’m guessing this isn’t the first time they see something like that happen. Laugh

The Atomic Punk
    Participant

Thanks, guys. Sergio’s Linguine Alla Bolognese is so worth the inconvenience. Locals consider these battles as part of the dining experience.

Character Contest #H14 “Old School #3 The Funny Man”

A wise-cracking cuddle bear. The line is supposed to read: “Then the lady from Honduras says, ‘Pero… mi perro!” I should have used something other than the bear companion for feet.

Papi Oso
    AtomicPunk-PapiOso.png

Felipe de la Cruz drowned when the over-crowded boat fleeing Cuba cap-sized. Juana, his wife, survived and made it to Florida. The witch Isabel cursed Juana. She blamed the young acrobat for her brother’s death. Juana joined a local circus and re-married to stay in the United States. The curse was revealed with the birth of her first and only child, Fernando. It was too much for Juana’s second husband, so he abandoned her and the infant.

During his early years, Juana claimed that Cruz suffered from hypertrichosis – excessive hair growth. With the help of the circus family, she raised and trained “Furry Freddy” to be a performer. It was the troupe’s fortune-teller who revealed the truth to Freddy. She claimed that if he were to retrieve several sacred items, that she would be able to lift the curse on Freddy’s mother. What he did not know is the fortune-teller was really Isabel in disguise. She seeks to use Freddy to acquire more power. What better way to collect these items from her more powerful rivals. If anything, Freddy will die trying.

Freddy now hunts for these artifacts and fights other crime in his quest. His training as a performer helps him defeat his opponents. His moves are unpredictable. Freddy also is a quick wit. During a fight, he will often quip and comment to throw enemies off guard and encourage his allies.

Close-up
    AtomicPunk-PapiOso_cu.png

The Atomic Punk
    Participant

Character Contest #H15 “Luck of the Irish”

No entries for this challenge.

Character Contest #H16 “Free for All”

A character that I was working on for H11 “Game’s On” but missed the deadline.

The Wrangler: Pulp Comic Nazi-Fighting Cowboy
    AtomicPunk-Wrangler.png

Weilyn

Octopoid nazis. I hate octopoid nazis.

Great work Laugh

The Atomic Punk
    Participant

Thanks, Weilyn. The next few days are going to be busy… so, posting early.

Character Contest #H17 “Armed Forces”

We are in the midst of a sea change ourselves. I have been around long enough to remember that we had three television channels. Now we have cable, satellite, cell phone, smart phone, tablet… Yet, we seem somehow / somewhat prepared for it. Turn-of-the-century was very different. Still an incredible time to live. From horse to horseless-carriage, not at the speeds we know, but fast changes nonetheless.

I work in the transportation industry. A couple of things that I have realized. First, what is new either becomes common and familiar or a novelty or footnote. Second, life is energy and motion. Logistics and expenditures. Make sure to race your body as well as your brain. If you don’t do the former, the latter will immolate.

A Cavalryman circa 1910. He was a witness to the transformation of the American West.
    AtomicPunk-Cavalryman.png

Close-up
    AtomicPunk-Cavalryman_cu.png

Viewing 15 posts - 346 through 360 (of 492 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.