The Reactor Core (The Atomic Punk’s Archive)

Home Forums The HeroMachine Art Gallery The Reactor Core (The Atomic Punk’s Archive)

Viewing 15 posts - 451 through 465 (of 492 total)
  • Author

The Atomic Punk
    Participant

Character Design Contest ♯32- Keeping It In The Family

Design heroes who are related. I have added the Funars to my meta-verse.

TIL DEATH DO US PART

AtomicPunk-TilDeathDoUsPart.png

Close-up
    AtomicPunk-TilDeathDoUsPart_cu.png

Andreas and Jofranka Funar married six months after they had met in the circus. They seemed a perfect match. He was the magician, a star attraction. Jofranka was the fortuneteller and mystic. The marriage was blissful until Andreas’ younger brother Grigore returned from incarceration. He had spent five years in prison for dealing drugs. No sooner was he released that Grigore resumed his old ways.

Grigore had recruited Andreas to help him. A travelling circus was the perfect cover for smuggling and selling narcotics. Jofranka did not know. Word did reach Jofranka’s older sister Roxana. Roxana, a more powerful but less flamboyant mystic and former postulant, came to Jofranka’s aide.

The circus had made its first stop ever in the United States. That night, Grigore and Andreas went to meet a connection in San Diego. Roxana had followed them. When she confronted the brothers, Grigore shot her. The connection panicked and shot the two brothers. Roxana muttered a prayer under her dying breath. Grigore muttered a curse.

Soon after the murders, Jofranka began to have nightmares about Andreas. She feared that he had gone to hell for his misdeeds. Indeed, he had. In desperation to save her love from eternal damnation, she struck a deal with the Demon Lord. He gave the widow a list of 66 demons who had escaped to earth. If she captures them all, the Demon Lord will return Andreas to her.

Jofranka said that her power alone would not be enough. The Demon Lord made a concession. Andreas is able to assist by sharing his energy through her wedding ring. With the ring, Jofranka can talk to Andreas. She can unleash his power, which drags the insolent demons back to hell.

Unbeknownst to Jofranka, her sister Roxana’s soul now possesses her cat. Likewise, the evil Grigore’s possesses Andreas’ pet rat. Roxana works to free both her sister and Andreas from the Demon Lord’s contract. Grigore bides his time, looking to steal the accumulated power for himself. The two often chase each other in front of Jofranka. Behind the scenes, they game of cat-and-mouse is much deadlier.

WMDBASSPLAYER
    Participant

I love everything on this page of your thread, but Nevermore really jumps out to me! Great work! Like that family story, too.

The Atomic Punk
    Participant

Thanks, WMD. I recently added Nevermore to my “official” meta-verse.

Character Design Contest ♯33- Fly Me To The Moon

The flame effects are really weak. Need to practice zypping. However, House Jurgensen made a recent incursion into the Regen system in violation of the Treaty of Perseus Minor. With the help of Snaird’s Red Dragoons of all mercs! We ship out tomorrow. Locked and loaded.

Almagest
    Quetzalcoatl had returned before the invading armada. With few resources to protect the earth, he selected a champion. Israel de Hinojosa is the first human to join the ranks of the Mexica Celestial Guard.

AtomicPunk-Almagest.png

Close-up
    AtomicPunk-Almagest_cu.png

The Atomic Punk
    Participant

Character Design Contest ♯34- Transformations

Design a character undergoing a transformation.

These heels are murder

AtomicPunk-Transformation.png

Close-up
    AtomicPunk-Transformation_cu.png

Herr D
    Participant

Kinda makes you wish the old style phone booths were still around. And had plywood instead of glass. . . and that maybe some of them locked and traveled to wherever and whenever the occupant would feel welcome and be welcomed in a Whovian, instantaneous manner. And left goodbye notes.

Where’s my phone? Yell Phones are too small to find now!

[after much needless rummaging] Nice work, AP. As a side note, I imagine that lipstick might look better if the tip were made of certain shoulder items.

The Atomic Punk
    Participant

Thanks, Herr D. I messed around with a few items but couldn’t get a satisfactory lipstick. Running out of time, I just stuck with that one.

Character Design Contest ♯35- Public Domain Literature

Re-imagine a character from the Public Domain. I chose Judex. A mysterious crime-fighter who abducts criminals then interrogates them via television.

Judex
    AtomicPunk-Judex.png

WMDBASSPLAYER
    Participant

Dude, Transformations had me rolling! Great work! Judex is very interesting.

The Atomic Punk
    Participant

Thanks, WMD. I chose Judex because I like cliffhanger serials and matinees. However, a vengeful man who kidnaps guys off the streets then locks them in a dungeon. Yeah, by that description alone…

A request for prswirve’s Versions thread. Water is one of the four ruling Elements from an epic that I will probably never complete.

Water
    AtomicPunk-Water_hm25.jpg

The Atomic Punk
    Participant

Character Design Contest ♯36- Reviving The Brand

Basically, Chapter 2 of CCD #35. This time, I chose Nyctalope. The original Nyctalope (link) had nocturnal vision, color-changing irises, and an artificial heart.

My version has the same eye augmentations because of his cybernetic heart.

Nyctalope
    Pose by ams

AtomicPunk-Nyctalope.png

The Atomic Punk
    Participant

Character Design Contest ♯37- Opposites Attract

Went a little political. Whatever you choose, it’s been tired and stale for a few thousand years.

The Debate
    “My opponent and I, we respectfully agree to disagree.”

AtomicPunk-TheDebate.PNG

The Atomic Punk
    Participant

Character Design Contest ♯39- Colour Coordination

Design a character with the classic “color + name” combination.

El Toro Rojo (The Red Bull)
    Brutal Mexican drug cartel assassin who was finally taken down by the bounty hunter Vulpina.

AtomicPunk-ElToroRojo.png

Close-up
    AtomicPunk-ElToroRojo_cu.png

The Atomic Punk
    Participant

Skipped one for obvious reason.

Character Design Contest ♯38- It’s A Kind Of Magic

No entry

Character Design Contest ♯40- Public Heroes

No entry

Wow, have I been in a funk. Come to think of it… I am nearing the end of my retrospect.

Here’s one. Kaldath briefly hosted an Anime challenge. Can’t find the links, though. The first one was a mage / wizard character in anime / manga style. This character doesn’t scream “magic” unless you know the “inspiration” for this design.

Sentai-66
    atomicpunk-sentai-66.png

Close-up
    atomicpunk-sentai-66_cu.png

The Atomic Punk
    Participant

Character Design Contest ♯41- Fashion Show

Some may know already that yours truly is a mech pilot. I won’t lie. It’s a rush. However, not all decisions are made on the front lines. Decades ago, Haus Moßburg entered an alliance with Tatsu Kabushiki Gaisha (TKG, the Tatsu Corporation). Under the treaty’s merger clause, the first born of both the Kaiser and the CEO enter into a union. That would be me, Captain of the 8th Advance Squadron, representing Haus Moßburg and my counterpart Ambassador Taiho.

Aside from defending our interests, I have to put up with one cold witch and all the pageantry and ritual. Taiho made a power play at the most recent Moßburg Exposition and Review. We had chosen our presentation months before the event. At the last minute, Taiho insists that I wear a dress with no compromise. To make my displeasure known to all, I refused to re-dye my hair.

Controversy ensued. Director Ryu even threatened to cancel our order for the Tatsu-maki heavy mech. The Kaiser countered by signalling a withdrawal from the Himlen System. Taiho and I reconciled publicly. If this were a domestic contract not a political alliance, I would have it nullified. Instead, I’m trying to make this union work. Plus, I can’t wait to test that Tatsu-maki.

Our original presentation
    AtomicPunk-PrincessM-AmbassadorTaiho_ov.PNG

Close-up
    AtomicPunk-PrincessM-AmbassadorTaiho_ov_cu.PNG

Taiho’s proposal

AtomicPunk-PrincessM-AmbassadorTaiho_tv.PNG

Close-up
    AtomicPunk-PrincessM-AmbassadorTaiho_tv_cu.PNG

My act of defiance
    AtomicPunk-PrincessM-AmbassadorTaiho.PNG

Close-up
    AtomicPunk-PrincessM-AmbassadorTaiho_cu.PNG

Herr D
    Participant

[knock, knock] Somebody here order a dolly? [checks clipboard, frowns] This one’s on special. You have to do a good deed for a stranger that isn’t convenient or write a requested tutoral or make a solid (non-wire frame) perspective cube in hm3 for all to use.
    The refusal policy is post it in the proper public-use place and announce credit.

HeroMachine 3 Character
    Sun Sep 29 18:43:50 GMT-0400 2013

0xffffff
    0xffffff
    0xffffff
    0xffffff
    0xffffff
    0xffffff
    0xffffff
    0xffffff
    0xffffff
    0xffffff
    0xffffff
    0xffffff
    0xffffff
    0xffffff
    0xffffff
    0xffffff
    0xffffff
    0xffffff
    0xffffff
    0xffffff
    0xffffff
    0xffffff
    0xffffff
    0xffffff
    0xffffff
    0xffffff
    0xffffff
    0xffffff

ItemRightRifles34
    -1.7690000000000001 135.15
    ItemRight
    Rifles 34 1 1 1 35

InsigniaTech2
    6.87 100.65
    Insignia
    Tech 2 1 1 1 33

InsigniaTech6
    1.837 135.65
    Insignia
    Tech 6 1 1 1 34

InsigniaTech2
    0.38 111.65
    Insignia
    Tech 2 1 1 1 37

InsigniaTech34
    2 81.65
    Insignia
    Tech 34 1 1 1 38

ItemRightRifles22
    -0.26899999999999996 165.15
    ItemRight
    Rifles 22 1 1 1 36

HairStandard36
    1.102 139.45
    Hair
    Standard 36 1 1 1 32

ItemRightRifles69
    0.626 93.15
    ItemRight
    Rifles 69 1 1 1 31

The Atomic Punk
    Participant

Thanks, Herr D! http://www.heromachine.com/wp-content/legacy/forum-smileys/sf-wink.gif

I’ll try my best at requests. How about non-euclidean or transference?

Viewing 15 posts - 451 through 465 (of 492 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.