The Reactor Core (The Atomic Punk’s Archive)

Home Forums The HeroMachine Art Gallery The Reactor Core (The Atomic Punk’s Archive)

Viewing 15 posts - 316 through 330 (of 492 total)
  • Author

The Atomic Punk
    Participant

Character Contest 93: Public Domain

Re-design Public Domain Comic Book Characters.

I went all Aquaman with this one.

Eelo
    AtomicPunk-Eelo.png

Close-up
    AtomicPunk-Eelo_cu.png

Original Character
    Eelo.jpg

The Atomic Punk
    Participant

Really pleased with her bodysuit. I have since added Wildfire to my meta-verse.

Wildfire
    http://www.heromachine.com/wp-content/legacy/forum-image-uploads/the-atomic-punk/2013/03/AtomicPunk-Wildfire.png

Close-up
    http://www.heromachine.com/wp-content/legacy/forum-image-uploads/the-atomic-punk/2013/03/AtomicPunk-Wildfire_cu.png

Original Character
    http://www.heromachine.com/wp-content/legacy/forum-image-uploads/the-atomic-punk/2013/03/Wildfire.jpg

Anarchangel
    Participant

Wildfire’s cool. I especially like that pose.

The Atomic Punk
    Participant

Thanks, Archangel. The pose is a recipe by ams. Now, if Chloe-cat would quit walking on the keyboard…

One of my most ambitious designs; also a personal favorite.

Dollman versus Little Miss Murder
    AtomicPunk-DollManVsLittleMissMurder.png

Close-up
    AtomicPunk-DollManVsLittleMissMurder_cu.png

Original Characters
    250px-Dollman1.jpg250px-MissMurder.jpg

ams
    Participant

Great job on your character creations, but the pose you credited me for is actually WORF‘s.

Cheers!

The Atomic Punk
    Participant

Thanks, ams, and apologies to WORF.

Character Contest 95: Not Captain America

No entries for this contest.

Character Design Challenge 96: The Big Bad

Notice anything? Jeff used to offer prizes for the weekly contests. Competition was fierce! To remove some of the tension, Jeff re-named the “Character Contest” to “Character Design Challenge.” I think it was a wise decision.

So, the challenge was to design the biggest, baddest, meanest, most evil villain. Who better than the guy who ruined all your toys?

Jerk Older Brother
    AtomicPunk-JerkOlderBrother.png

The Atomic Punk
    Participant

The Drawing Contest For People Who Can’t Draw

This was hosted by special guest Ian Thomas Healy. Though I did not participate in this contest, there are some fabulous entries. Also, if you are not familiar with WordPress or self-publishing, Healy’s works are a great example. Being a Car Wars fan and recovering autoduellist myself, I like his auto-combat stories.

Character Design Challenge 97: Everyday Heroes

Design a “normal” or “real world” meta like those in the television shows Heroes and Alphas. To this day, I have problems with zypping. Haven’t given up. Celeste’s zypping could use some tweaking but I am overall happy with the result. At first, I wasn’t happy with her face. She seemed very cock-eyed and misshapen. Then again, she is going through the extremely awkward stages of being a teenager and a mutant!

Celeste:
    Celeste is able to naturally generate and manipulate electricity. She is learning to control her powers. With concentration, she can light a bulb in her hand or jumpstart a car battery. It is harder for her to focus than fire a lightning bolt.

The clothes in her wardrobe are blue, white, or yellow. Though she cannot control the weather, she often sports a motif featuring a cloud with a silver lining.

AtomicPunk-Celeste.png

Close-up
    AtomicPunk-Celeste_cu.png

The Atomic Punk
    Participant

Character Design Challenge 98: Electrifying!

“[C]reate the most awesome illustration possible featuring a redesign of an electrical character from the Electrical Heroes section of Public Domain Super Heroes.”

I went with Radior: “the X-Ray powerman, has electric/magnetic powers, possesses super strength, and is able to make a subject’s thoughts visible.”

Radior (Rated M: Suggestive content)
    AtomicPunk-Radior.png

The Atomic Punk
    Participant

Character Design Challenge 99: Wingin’ It

Design a character using items from Backplane > Wings. While others went with winged heroes, I created a corporate logo and promotional poster.

Centurion Customs
    AtomicPunk-CenturionCustoms_CcLogo.png

Weilyn

Great job! I want one Laugh

The Atomic Punk
    Participant

Thanks, Weilyn.

Character Design Contest One Hundred!

Jeff’s instructions we’re simple: “I want to see your best HeroMachine work of all time.”

I have created hundreds of characters and designs in HM. Almost impossible to pick my “best.” I entered “Winston and Ba-kawk” originally in Pop Quiz: Humanoids. Entries in that challenge were supposed to feature a Companion from the Humanoids. My design features Dinosaur Companions. Even after that mistake, Jeff gave me an honorable mention. Which really brightened my day.

So, here he is. Just a guy walking his dog.

Winston and Ba-kawk
    AtomicPunk-WinstonAndBakawk.png

The Atomic Punk
    Participant

Character Design Challenge 101: Gamma Madness!

A random name challenge using donjon’s SciFi Random Generator. Out of the ten characters, I only had time to design one.

Andrah: Female Gelatinous Saurian. Andrah is tall, with red scales and bright yellow eyes. She wears sports gear and wields a sawed-off shotgun. She is impish and mischievous.

AtomicPunk-Andrah.png

Close-up
    AtomicPunk-Andrah_cu.png

My List of ten Gamma World characters randomly generated by donjon
    1. Geny: Male Pyrokinetic Android. Geny is distinctly robotic, with robotic legs. He wields a combat knife and a Glock 9mm pistol. He is adventurous and secretive.

2. Stimy: Male Mythic Human. Stimy has uneven gray hair and large amber eyes. He wears a leather duster and wields a combat knife and shuriken. Stimy speaks with a strange accent.

3. Kara: Female Reanimator Simian. Kara is short and thin, with white fur and large brown eyes. She wears motley plastic armor and wields an M242 25mm autocannon. Kara suffers a mild fear of guns.

4. Bertin: Male Gelatinous Demon. Bertin has crimson skin and sharp, pointed teeth. He wears motley plastic armor and wields a baseball bat and a Colt .357 revolver. Bertin suffers from chronic pain.

5. Andrah: Female Gelatinous Saurian. Andrah is tall, with red scales and bright yellow eyes. She wears sports gear and wields a sawed-off shotgun. She is impish and mischievous.

6. Margin: Female Empath Fungoid. Margin is a short mushroom, with numerous thin, tendril-like arms and blue eyes. She wears a leather duster and carries a car door shield and an anvil and chain. She is barbaric and cowardly.

7. Atrip: Male Swarm Android. Atrip appears mostly human, but has paneled plastic skin and a robotic arm. He wields a pair of scissors. Atrip is fascinated by genetics and mutations.

8. Jery: Male Temporal Giant. Jery is tall and lithe, with thick green hair and soft gray eyes. He wears police riot gear and carries an oven door shield and an anvil and chain. He is immoral and ruthless.

9. Haely: Male Doppelganger Arachnoid. Haely appears partly human, but has a blue body. He wields a spiked glove and throwing darts. He is aggressive and energetic.

10. Sari: Female Plaguebearer Plant. Sari is tall, with a woody trunk and black vines. She wears motley plastic armor and wields an anvil and chain and a longbow. Sari speaks with a whispery voice.

The Atomic Punk
    Participant

Character Challenge 102: Speedster

Rapide is the speedster of my meta-verse. He is one of my earliest characters that I created for GURPS: Supers. His costume is supposed to resemble an ambulance. I didn’t have time go all crazy and design a scene. Instead, a bit of zypping practice. His personal best is 88 miles per hour (see what I did there?).

Rapide

AtomicPunk-Rapide.png

Henri Marchand worked as an Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) in Montréal, PQ, Canada until his hyper-physiology registered a false positive on a drug test. His employer sent him to “rehab.” In actuality, it was an illegal mutant detention and research facility. Henri managed to escape. He has not let the experience deter him from using his skills and abilities to help others.

He now works under an assumed name at a Bien matinal! convenience store on Autoroute-15, just north of St-Jean-Sur-Richelieu. During his off hours, he listens to emergency radio and races to the scene as Rapide – often beating first-responders.

Close-up
    AtomicPunk-Rapide_cu.png

The Atomic Punk
    Participant

Character Challenge 103: Scary Stuff

Jeff announced the contest as “Zombies” to celebrate Halloween. The subject proved unpopular, so he switched to “Scary Stuff.” Personally, zombies have become the grunge band of the horror genre. People are so tired of sparkly vampires that they want monsters that are covered in dirt and wear flannel.

Not much of a horror fan myself. Today’s “horror” movies are mind-numbing sadism and gore. To this day, the scariest movie that I have ever seen is the original “Alien.”

All that said, I set out to design a malicious household monster. Instead, wound up with a brute for a fantasy campaign. Rather disappointed with the overall execution. Entered him anyway; however, just the close-up.

Hobgoblin
    AtomicPunk-Hobgoblin.png

The Atomic Punk
    Participant

Character Design Challenge: Squire Random of Randomberg

Random name challenges are always an opportunity for cheap gags.

Joke Trace
    AtomicPunk-JokeTrace.png

My spin
    Aeon Wave
    Antikick
    Attack Track
    Cutlass Auger
    Joke Trace
    Ruby Melt
    Sapphire Gut
    Shape Driver
    Shine Dolphin
    Steel Soldier

Viewing 15 posts - 316 through 330 (of 492 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.