Your Character Design Challenge this week is to create the most awesome illustration possible featuring the idea of a country-based character from someplace other than the United States using HeroMachine 3. I've shown "Captain Britain" above, but there are tons of possibilities here. Your creation doesn't have to be the "country's mascot" like Captain America is, but some element of the native land should be present in the design or power set. For instance, you could create a villain called The Leprechaun, who's based in Ireland. And then the nearest Irish person would punch you in the face, but you get the idea.
The person with the winning entry as selected by our expert panel (i.e. me) will win their choice of a) a portrait to go in HeroMachine 3, b) an item to go in HeroMachine 3, or c) a custom black and white "Sketch of the Day" style drawing (also by me). The rules otherwise are the same as always:
- All entries must be in JPG or PNG form (BMPs are too big), posted to a publicly accessible website (like ImageShack, PhotoBucket, the UGO Forums, whatever);
- Entries must be made as a comment or comments to this post, containing a link directly to the image and the character name;
- The image cannot have been used in any previous HeroMachine character design contest;
- Please name your files as [your name]-[character name].[file extension] before you upload it. So DiCicatriz, for instance, would save his "Bayou Belle" character image as DiCicatriz-BayouBelle.png.
- Please make the link go directly to the image (like this) and not to a hosting jump page (like this). See this post on how to get the direct link for most sites.
- All entries must be in by next Monday, when I'll choose a winner.
No limit on entries this week, so knock yourselves out. Just make them good!
(Image and characters © Marvel Comics.)