LiveWyre’s Freelance Comics

Home Forums The HeroMachine Art Gallery LiveWyre’s Freelance Comics

Viewing 15 posts - 466 through 480 (of 768 total)
  • Author

livewyre1014
    Participant

Another updated design, the Prince of the Underworld and keeper of the prison Tartarus. Lord Hades’ child, Zagreus the Jailer!!

Zagreus3.PNG

CantDraw
    Participant

Wow! These last three look great. I especially like Slither.

Mad Jack
    Participant

@livewyre1014 said:
    Lord Hades’ child, Zagreus the Jailer!!

Huh – strange …

I know Zagreus as the child of Persephone (Hades’ wife and niece) and Zeus (in the form of a serpent). Persephone in turn was the daughter of Zeus and his sister Demeter. Incestuous bunch of hillbillies those greek gods… http://www.heromachine.com/wp-includes/images/smilies/icon_wink.gif

The Zagreus I know was also a shapeshifter (he could change into various animal forms) and killed as a child by the Titans at the behest of a jealous Hera. They caught him in the form of a bull, tore him to pieces, and devoured him. Zeus turned the Titans to ashes with a thunderbolt and from those ashes, mixed with the eaten divine flesh, Prometheus later fashioned humankind which thereby possess both a trace of divinity as well as the Titans’ maliciousness – an explanation for the mix of good and evil in humans.

Zeus then implanted the still-beating heart of his son Zagreus into the mortal woman Semele, from whom the child was eventually born again.

livewyre1014
    Participant

There are alot of different versions of the Greek myths…so for my comics I kinda pick and chose my favorite pieces of all the different variations. Anyway, here are two final designs my writer buddy. The first is a super soldier and the second is a conspiracy theorist. That’s kinda all I’m allowed to say, but I thought I’de share the designs anyway.

SoT-2.PNG

GF.PNG

livewyre1014
    Participant

Here’s the third design that I’ve done for my writer buddy…a vigilante who breaks whatever rules he finds in his way. It’s photoshopped for shading a depth because I accidentally deleted my heromachine file and all I had was the unpolished design to work with without having to recreate the whole design. So…yeah.

SJ-1.PNG

JR19759
    Keymaster

Awesome work. I’ve lost a few unfinished characters by accident before, it’s one of the most annoying things.

Scatman

these last few among all are just kick a$$ characters!I LOVE the way you shaded SJ-1!It makes him pop amazingly!Great work man!OH and BTW that pop quiz vase is incredible!Surprised

livewyre1014
    Participant

Thanks guys.

@Scatman
    – I liked the way SJ came out too…might have to play around with photoshop shading a little more.

livewyre1014
    Participant

The White Knight is a miracle of experimental science, but this villain is a violator of magic. Yielding a hammer forged by Ymir himself, here is the Ice Giant!!

Ice-Giant.PNG

livewyre1014
    Participant

here’s a quick idea I just put together since I’m having trouble sleeping. Working name, BLUE SHIELD!!!

Blue-Shield.PNG

livewyre1014
    Participant

Did a quick entry for this weeks god contest…here’s the native american diety Pamola

livewyre-Pamola.PNG

livewyre1014
    Participant

another quickie here…since I had to use another program to shade this guy due to the loss of the heromachine save file, thought I’de clean it up as much a possible to see what photoshop can do. I’m pretty happy with this one.

SJ2.png

Scatman

you know it still is a great template for some purely Hm shading techniques ,you can see a better use for the gradients.Of course it will look alittle different ,nontheless I think it can be done.good work though I really like the basics of the design as well.

livewyre1014
    Participant

Thanks Scat…btw saw your Incan god design…I hate competing against you haha. Great work, here’s my second deity entry…Slavic God Chernabog!!

livewyre-Tchernabog.PNG

livewyre1014
    Participant

Working on another redesign…this time it’s the Morgan Island mercenary, villain and on again off again love interest of the avenging amphibian…the Blackbird!!! WIP

Blackbird2.PNG

Viewing 15 posts - 466 through 480 (of 768 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.