LiveWyre’s Freelance Comics

Home Forums The HeroMachine Art Gallery LiveWyre’s Freelance Comics

Viewing 15 posts - 451 through 465 (of 768 total)
  • Author

Scatman

cool past present hero!

livewyre1014
    Participant

Thanks fellow machiners. He came out a little formula, but I think conveys the golden age look I was going for. Here is a very early work in progress…Frogman villain Slither.

Slither.PNG

livewyre1014
    Participant

Would like some feedback/ideas before finalizing my latest golden age design. She’s a robot called Golden Girl. Inspired by the late, great, and always glamorous Ms. Marlyn Monroe…looking for ways to make it more superhero-y without losing the 1950’s feel. Ideas please??

Golden-Girl-1.PNG

JR19759
    Keymaster

Looks great, but the skirt should be slightly longer if you were going 50’s style.

livewyre1014
    Participant

you are correct…that was actually a later fashion, I believe 60’s. Good catch.

DiCicatriz
    Participant

It’s already a really solid design. I wouldn’t change too much. I think if you shade her like your other designs and give her skin that robotic/metallic effect, that alone would be enough to push her into the realm of the more super-heroic. I think it might be a cool effect to have her look just completely like a classic 50’s starlet who just happens to have glorious golden skin! Sort of an ordinary/extra-ordinary juxtaposition thing.

You could always add a pop of color or a pattern texture to her garments to give it some more flair, like on her belt or the bow on her neckline.

livewyre1014
    Participant

Thanks guys…how’s this??

Golden-Girl-2.PNG

livewyre1014
    Participant

Redesign of Freelance Universe villain…Hercules!!! Zeus’ arrogant offspring.

Heracles3-1.PNG

The Atomic Punk
    Participant

The white worked well. I think the blue distracts from the Monroe-60s effect that you want.

Herr D
    Participant

Marilyn could get MORE nods. Keep the blue and make blue panties. One of her superpowers would be the wind lifts her skirt to distract villains. Her natural tendency to throw both fists down would become ‘hammer’ blows to the head of the villain looking down. Another superpower would be she winks at him and the wind from her eyelid knocks a villain straight on. Side attacks? Hip thrust or sudden blowing kiss of poison gas . . . Wink

Lightningsword
    Participant

Hey Livewyre, what about “King Cobra” instead of “Slither”? BTW, I love Hercules!

livewyre1014
    Participant

I had to agree with the Atomic Punk and go back to the straight white for Golden Girl. Also, shaded the Hercules design and edited the post so make sure yall check that out!!!

Golden-Girl-3.PNG

livewyre1014
    Participant

Here’s the fully polished version of Frogman’s scaly foe, SLITHER!!!
    Slither-2.PNG

Alexander of Limbo
    Participant

Both very great. i do love pictures that are just fun to stare at for long lengths of time and you manage to make me do that quite a lot Smile

Lightningsword
    Participant

I love it! Neat design on Slither, although there’s an insignia visible near his right hand. But all in all, I love it!

Viewing 15 posts - 451 through 465 (of 768 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.