The Reactor Core (The Atomic Punk’s Archive)

Home Forums The HeroMachine Art Gallery The Reactor Core (The Atomic Punk’s Archive)

Viewing 15 posts - 271 through 285 (of 492 total)
  • Author

The Atomic Punk
    Participant

Tack sÃ¥ mycket, Weilyn! I enjoyed creating the Capital Vices because they weren’t “standard” characters.

Next sin was Lust.

Character Design Contest 82: Lust

To this day, “Hot Stuff the Little Devil” is one of my favorite comics. Fortunately, I never paid to have him tattooed on my body. Anyway, a “grown-up” Hot Stuff inspired this shady marker.

Horny Little Devil
    AtomicPunk-HornyLittleDevil.png

The Atomic Punk
    Participant

A cambion is the half-human offspring of a demon. The demon is typically an incubus or succubus, both powerful symbols of lust. Somehow this myth became the steampunk villain Professor Cambion. He is a human being not demonspawn. His lust for power is insatiable. Cambion uses various drugs and gasses to control his victims.

Professor Cambion
    AtomicPunk-ProfessorCambion.png

Close-up
    AtomicPunk-ProfessorCambion_cu.png

The Atomic Punk
    Participant

Another example of how I use loose association and erratic thinking to come up with a character or design. I look at vampires and werewolves as symbols of lust. Vampires represent psychological manipulation. They drain their victims emotionally before the kill. Werewolves are carnal. They ravage their victims physically.

AtomicPunk-Werewolf.png

The Atomic Punk
    Participant

A tribute to one of my favorite sketch comedies and one of my favorite characters ever. Those who are familiar should get the gag instantly. If you have never seen, check out “The Kids in the Hall.” Especially the skits with Simon and his Manservant Hecubus!

Now gaze in fear at the doom which awaits those with wicked hearts!

Manservant Hecubus
    AtomicPunk-ManservantHecubus.png

The Atomic Punk
    Participant

The Atomic Punk
    Participant

The latest incarnation of characters from a story idea.

Princess Báthory Erzsé and her pet Rebecka. The Princess is heiress to the Crown of the Three Sisters. The Three Sisters are the planets Isis, Rhea, and Anu in the isolationist Hestia system. Rebecka is a nuppa, the native people of Isis. The Sisterhood had enslaved the nuppa generations ago. Both the Sisterhood and the nuppa are a “selected species.” They are clones or conceived artificially. All Sisters and nuppa are female.

Princess Erzsé and Rebecka (PG-13)
    http://www.heromachine.com/wp-content/legacy/forum-image-uploads/the-atomic-punk/2013/01/AtomicPunk-Nuppa.png

Close-up of Princess Erzsé
    http://www.heromachine.com/wp-content/legacy/forum-image-uploads/the-atomic-punk/2013/01/AtomicPunk-Nuppa_cu.png

Harlequin’s exquisite re-design is the official portrait.
    http://www.heromachine.com/wp-content/legacy/forum-image-uploads/tarkabarka/2012/11/Harlequin_Erzs%C3%A9_and_Rebecka_RM.png

Weilyn

The Incubus is disturbingly awesome.

The Atomic Punk
    Participant

Thanks, Weilyn. I tried to make the incubus more translucent / ethereal. I was not happy with the result so I made him black.

Final Entry.

Capital Vice: Lust
    AtomicPunk-Lust.png

The Atomic Punk
    Participant

Character Contest 84: Slothfulness

In Dante’s Inferno, the punishment for sloth is being tossed into snake pits.
    AtomicPunk-ThePit.png

The Atomic Punk
    Participant

Those who wear the voodoo broach transform into the Swamp Lord with power over all its creatures. After some grub and a nap, of course.

The Lazin’ Cajun (Beauregard Chabelais)
    AtomicPunk-LazinCajun.png

Close-up
    AtomicPunk-LazinCajun_cu.png

The Atomic Punk
    Participant

Kikimora is a Slavonic goddess who punishes lazy mothers by tormenting their children at night. Washing pots and pans in fern tea is said to appease her.

Kikimora
    AtomicPunk-Kikimora.png

Dionne Jinn

Beautiful picture. I really dig your background! The bed is very convincing.

The Atomic Punk
    Participant

Thanks, Dionne. Unfortunately, I lost the file. Frown

Capital Vice: Sloth
    AtomicPunk-Sloth.png

The Atomic Punk
    Participant

Character Contest 85: Sci-Fi Dungeoneering

The challenge was to add a science-fiction twist to Dungeons & Dragons archetypes. This was fun. You could go Spelljammer or Warhammer 40k or come up with something original. I wanted my characters to look as if they belonged in the same setting. More precisely, I wanted them to fit into my mecha-verse.

Blink Dogs (Rangers)
    AtomicPunk-BlinkDog.png

Blink Dogs are mercenaries contracted by xenobiologists and deep space explorers. They are scouts, frontier diplomats, and most importantly protectors of native species from poachers. These elite rangers are known for stealth and swiftness. So quickly they strike, that they are said to “teleport.”

The Blink Dogs’ uniform is lightweight chameleon body armor. Their colors are derived from their mascot: the giant Azuran wolf. Blink Dogs are the woodsmen of their era. They are strong environmentalists and loyal travelling companions with a willingness to exact frontier justice.

The Atomic Punk
    Participant
Viewing 15 posts - 271 through 285 (of 492 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.