Mad Jacks Showroom

Home Forums The HeroMachine Art Gallery Mad Jacks Showroom

Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 355 total)
  • Author

Trekkie
    Participant

They all look awesome! Very shadowy (I’m assuming that was the intention? ;) )

Anarchangel
    Participant

Gotta agree with Trekkie. They’re all fantastic.

hawk007
    Participant

Though I will admit that I’ve seen better, the creativity makes up for it. These guys are so original.

Mad Jack
    Participant

@Trekkie said:
    They all look awesome! Very shadowy (I’m assuming that was the intention?)

Thank you! Now that you mention – yeah, there might be a connection to their groups name… http://www.heromachine.com/wp-content/legacy/forum-smileys/sf-wink.gif

@Anarchangel said:
    Gotta agree with Trekkie. They’re all fantastic.

Thank you very much. Always glad to hear when people like my characters. http://www.heromachine.com/wp-content/legacy/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif

@hawk007 said:
    Though I will admit that I’ve seen better, the creativity makes up for it. These guys are so original.

Oh, dear. I hope I didn’t offend your eyes! Well, guess I can’t compete with masters like you… http://www.heromachine.com/wp-content/legacy/forum-smileys/sf-confused.gif http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll259/blue-eyed-vampiress/facepalm.gif

Herr D
    Participant

S. Kane needs a homicidal plastic surgeon to nip-tuck-kill him to remove scars? That was what Jack Nicholson’s joker proclaimed. “World’s first homicide artist–I make art until someone dies.” Interesting problem.

Mad Jack
    Participant

Phew! This topic is gathering dust after one month without posting something. But, don’t worry – there will be a bucketload of “new” characters coming soon… Wink

Meanwhile with christmas coming up in a few weeks:

lastchristmas.png

wheeljack
    Participant

I just went through all your pages, awesome stuff, really imaginative and fresh ideas.

Mad Jack
    Participant

Thanks Wheeljack! Laugh

So – to jumpstart this topic I’m gonna start with a redesign/reimagination of some aliens that are part of the lethal trinity called “The Harvesters”. Remember my old “Draq“? Well, here’s their new incarnation:

THE CROA:
    Croa_pv-1.png

Headshot:
    Croa_hs-1.png

The Croa are a reptilian species of shapeshifters which place covert agents in political, social, economic and military key positions on planets they have chosen for an invasion. These agents live for decades and sometimes even centuries undetected among the native inhabitants of that world and spy on their defense structures, sabotage any early warning systems and ensure in a variety of ways that their invading army finds ideal conditions on arrival. This of course includes terraforming by global warming, since reptiles are known to prefer a warmer environment.

JR19759
    Keymaster

Well, it seems that you’ve managed to stubble across a mine of previously unimaginable awesomeness here.

Definitely awesome. Excellent designs and execution. Love them!

Trekkie
    Participant

Awesome design! The faceplate is especially cool.

The Atomic Punk
    Participant

Wicked good!

DiCicatriz
    Participant

Excellent! I’m a big fan of multi-armed humanoids. :D Love the differences between the two characters. They could either be from distinct classes (political leader/foot soldier), time periods (ancient/modern), or maybe the invaders take on specific weaponry/attire based on the world’s they’re invading. Very cool stuff!

Mad Jack
    Participant

@JR19759 said:
    Well, it seems that you’ve managed to stubble across a mine of previously unimaginable awesomeness here.

I’d prefer a diamond mine, but awesomeness isn’t bad either. Cheers! Laugh

@headlessgeneral said:
    Definitely awesome. Excellent designs and execution. Love them!

Thanks you!

@Trekkie said:
    Awesome design! The faceplate is especially cool.

Thanks. I guess it’s time for new headgear items – before I’m running out of ideas for new combinations… Smile

@The Atomic Punk said:
    Wicked good!

Wicked is always good. Thanks! Cool

@DiCicatriz said:
    Excellent! I’m a big fan of multi-armed humanoids. http://www.heromachine.com/wp-includes/images/smilies/icon_biggrin.gif Love the differences between the two characters. They could either be from distinct classes (political leader/foot soldier), time periods (ancient/modern), or maybe the invaders take on specific weaponry/attire based on the world’s they’re invading. Very cool stuff!

Tanky you very much! I was thinking more of a hierarchy thing within a particular class – military class in this case. So the guy on the left would be a warlord/general and the guy on the right something like a commanding officer of a battalion.
    The other two classes (politician/scientists and working class/foot soldiers) will consist of two different species which I’m already working at. But I also like your idea of different time periods. Gonna keep that in mind… Wink

Mad Jack
    Participant

Well, here’s the rest of the “new” Harvesters:

THE TO’AN:
    Toan_pv.png

Headshot:
    Toan_hs.png
    The To’an are a humanoid species that communicates telepathic and has the abilty to turn invisible as well as immaterial at will. Only very few and very spritual people are able to sense the To’an’s presence and so they walk undetected amongst the natives of soon to be invaded planets to determine their level of technological progress and to study their way of living.

THE TK’LK:
    tklk_pv.png

Headshot:
    tklk_hs.png
    The Tk’lk (which simply means “the swarm”) are an insectoid species with a hive mind and mostly a very basic intelligence that is often reduced to their primitive instincts. Their much smarter queen (see image above) has not only the ability to mentally control any member of her hive but is also capable to manipulate the DNA of her brood for various purposes. This way she can produce the perfect specimen for each specific task. (Examples will follow…)

Here’s a size comparison of the Harvester’s triarchy:
    Croatoan.png
    The exact origin of the the CROA’TO’AN – wich can be translated as “Those who harvest worlds”- is unknown, but it is known that the Croa and the To’an come from the same planet which they devastated thousands of years ago in a relentless war against each other, before the fight for survival on their now uninhabitable world finally united the former opponents.

Once united, they managed to build huge biotechnological spaceships that enabled them to escape their dying world and make the search for a new home. But one thing they could not escape: their martial nature. So it was only natural for them to pounce on the first habitable planet they found like a swarm of locusts and exploit its resources – as usual without paying attention to the consequences of their actions.

Of course they also cared very little that this world was already inhabited by another species. The contrary, they soon realized that this insectoid race could be useful to them and so they enslaved the Tk’lk and over the centuries they have been integrated as a working class in their new form of society.

Since that time, the Harvester homeless roam the universe looking for new worlds, which they can conquer and cannibalize.

Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 355 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.