Mad Jacks Showroom

Home Forums The HeroMachine Art Gallery Mad Jacks Showroom

Viewing 15 posts - 241 through 255 (of 355 total)
  • Author

The Atomic Punk
    Participant

Brillant!

Jeimuzu
    Participant

Very cool, reminds me of something from Men in Black.

Mad Jack
    Participant

@The Atomic Punk said:
    Brillant!

Thanks!

@Jeimuzu said:
    Very cool, reminds me of something from Men in Black.

Thank you. I think there’s definitely a lot of different influences from various science fiction movies, since I’ve enjoyed many of those in my “long” life. Wink

Mad Jack
    Participant

Before I proceed to a different (and yet somehow related) subject, I give you a team of intergalactic bounty hunters. I can’t think of a cool badass sounding name for them at the moment, so suggestions would be more than welcome. ;)

THE CREW OF THE STARSHIP “PEACEMAKER”:
    BountyHunters.png

As usual from left to right and front to back:

Nom de guerre: Slither
    Species: Oo’kuna
    Traits/Special abilities: Reptilian with enhanced strength and healing, poison fangs. Extremely agile and flexible.
    Slither_pv.png
    Slither_hs.png

Nom de guerre: She-Wolf
    Species: Eza Tem
    Traits/Special abilities: Humanoid with the ability to transform gradually into a (were)wolf like creature.
    SheWolf_pv.png
    SheWolf_hs.png

Nom de guerre: Surge
    Species: H’oth
    Traits/Special abilities: Energybased lifeform that can produce, control, and manipulate electric energies.
    Surge_pv.png
    Surge_hs.png

Nom de guerre: Grim Hunter
    Species: Human
    Traits/Special abilities: Human from Earth (abducted as a baby by aliens and raised in the slavepits of Karka’dum) with vastly heightened senses, enhanced reflexes and unable to feel pain. Extremely dangerous!
    GrimHunter_pv.png
    GrimHunter_hs.png

Nom de guerre: Dragonhead
    Species: Delphians
    Traits/Special abilities: Tall and scrawny Amphibian who is capable to breath and spit fire as well as to “breath” under water and in vacuum.
    Dragonhead_pv.png
    Dragonhead_hs.png

Nom de guerre: Little Green Man (LGM)
    Species: Marusian
    Traits/Special abilities: Runtish Humanoid with tremendous telepathic and telekinetic abilties.
    LittleGreenMan_pv.png
    LittleGreenMan_hs.png

Nom de guerre: K9
    Species: Apo’eshi
    Traits/Special abilities: Anything but thin-skinned Canine Humanoid with a temper as well as superhuman strength and durability due to his rockhard impenetrable skin.
    K9_pv.png
    K9_hs.png

Nom de guerre: Manbot
    Species: unknown / Synthadroid
    Traits/Special abilities: An artificial techno-organic being with a colossal humanoid appearance from unknown origins with the abilities to synch with any technology to control it and metamorphing his body to adapt to any given situation. His shape-shifting abilities also allows him to mimic forms as well as weapons.
    M4N807_pv.png
    M4N807_hs.png

Herr D
    Participant

Nice group. Is their purpose Peacekeeping? Peace Squad #6 is a good name if you include that the first five didn’t survive and their numbers were retired out of respect for their service. If they aren’t part of an organization, you might call them Bonders, saying that they formed the group by taking a vow to yada yada ya and blah blah bleep. It’s always more interesting to me when a group runs out of their original purpose than when a group needlessly tussles over the beginning.

Vampyrist
    Participant

Manbot is outstanding!

Mad Jack
    Participant

@Herr D said:
    Nice group. Is their purpose Peacekeeping?

Thanks! And no, they are a independently working group of intergalactic bounty hunters. Peacemaker is the name of their ship – which is a tribute to the Colt Single Action Army Revolver as well as the aircraft Convair B-36. Smile

Peace Squad #6 is a good name if you include that the first five didn’t survive and their numbers were retired out of respect for their service.

Nice idea, but I’m looking for something really badass sounding. Like “The Rippers” but maybe a bit more space-related? I guess I do not really know exactly what I’m looking for, but when I found it, I’ll know it. Does that sound logical? Hmmm … Confused

It’s always more interesting to me when a group runs out of their original purpose than when a group needlessly tussles over the beginning.

Hmm, I might pick up the underlying idea of that. I could make them a group of former peacekeepers living on the outskirts of society and working as bounty hunters and soldiers of fortune, while on the run from the authorities after being branded as criminals for a “crime they didn’t commit”. Basically, a kind of “A-Team” meets “Firefly” and more dirty version of “Star Trek”. Laugh

@Vampyrist said:
    Manbot is outstanding!

Thank you! He really stands quite out in that group, doesn’t he? ;)

Jeimuzu
    Participant

Awesome characters, Manbot is my fav. I do love a good group shot. I really like the background you made for the group shot as well.

Herr D
    Participant

It’s always more interesting to me when a group runs out of their original purpose than when a group needlessly tussles over the beginning.

madjack said: Hmm, I might pick up the underlying idea of that. I could make them a group of former peacekeepers living on the outskirts of society and working as bounty hunters and soldiers of fortune, while on the run from the authorities after being branded as criminals for a “crime they didn’t commit”. Basically, a kind of “A-Team” meets “Firefly” and more dirty version of “Star Trek”. http://www.heromachine.com/wp-content/legacy/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif

That DOES sound like a winning combo. http://www.heromachine.com/wp-content/legacy/forum-smileys/sf-cool.gif

Mad Jack
    Participant

@Jeimuzu said:
    Awesome characters, Manbot is my fav. I do love a good group shot. I really like the background you made for the group shot as well.

Thank you very much. But the credits for the background have to go to Harlekin who made it and posted in the Custom Items Archive / Backgrounds. I simply spiced it up a little with textures, a darker space and the earth/moon combo… ;)

@Herr D said:
    ]That DOES sound like a winning combo.http://www.heromachine.com/wp-content/legacy/forum-smileys/sf-cool.gif

Thanks! The Renegades they shall be then… Laugh

wheeljack
    Participant

mad jack your characters are mental, enjoyed going through your thread very much

Mad Jack
    Participant

@wheeljack said:
    mad jack your characters are mental, enjoyed going through your thread very much

Thanks! I’m glad you like them and always happy for some appreciation… Laugh

DiCicatriz
    Participant

I have to join in on the Manbot love… uh I mean appreciation. That pattern on his chest is amazing!

Trekkie
    Participant

They’re all amazing! Very distinctive looks for all of them. I think my favourites are Silyab Z’Kai and -of course- Manbot.

Mad Jack
    Participant

@DiCicatriz said:
    I have to join in on the Manbot love… uh I mean appreciation. That pattern on his chest is amazing!

Thank you. Even though it is not really that special – just a few well placed insignias… ;)

@Trekkie said:
    They’re all amazing! Very distinctive looks for all of them. I think my favourites are Silyab Z’Kai and -of course- Manbot.

Thanks! Seems like everyone likes Manbot the best – and nobody mentions the riddickulous obvious movie inspiration in that group shot. Poor guy… Laugh

Viewing 15 posts - 241 through 255 (of 355 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.