Timedrop23’s Characters

Home Forums The HeroMachine Art Gallery Timedrop23’s Characters

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 142 total)
  • Author

Herr D
    Participant

I expected the ‘magic 8-ball’ approach–a hero that makes useless predictions. Laugh Eight in billiards could reference his aim, his ability to bank shots, or the finality with which he acts. Or you could always go with the comic mistake–

“It’s NOT an EIGHT #$%^&*!. It’s an infinity on edge! It reflects my immortality and inability to relax.”
    “It looks like an eight.”
    “AAAAAAAAAAUGH!”

Timedrop23
    Participant

@Herr D said:

I expected the ‘magic 8-ball’ approach–a hero that makes useless predictions. http://www.heromachine.com/wp-content/legacy/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif Eight in billiards could reference his aim, his ability to bank shots, or the finality with which he acts. Or you could always go with the comic mistake–

“It’s NOT an EIGHT #$%^&*!. It’s an infinity on edge! It reflects my immortality and inability to relax.”
    “It looks like an eight.”
    “AAAAAAAAAAUGH!”

Actually, I considered a more tech-savvy, omniscient take on the Magic 8-Ball, but am going to reserve those powers for my Ten O’Clock character, Deus X (he’ll be the Oracle-type character on the team). I’m also considering a next-generation Clockwork team featuring X’s daughter as 8-Ball. I need suggestions for 9 and 11, and then my original team will be complete.

Also, don’t forget to head over to my Bad Movie Title Ideas thread in the Pub and comment on this topic.

Herr D
    Participant

For 9 you’ve got cat motifs or someone who uses a cat-of-nine-tails. (No close-quarter fighting for that, obviously.) For 11, you could explore insanity–one short of a dozen, hacker (binary for 3, when abandoned or family killed, etc.)

Of course, you might explore them as a pair . . . 9 / 11 terrorist fighters?

Timedrop23
    Participant

@Herr D said:

For 9 you’ve got cat motifs or someone who uses a cat-of-nine-tails. (No close-quarter fighting for that, obviously.) For 11, you could explore insanity–one short of a dozen, hacker (binary for 3, when abandoned or family killed, etc.)

Of course, you might explore them as a pair . . . 9 / 11 terrorist fighters?

@HerrD: Thanks for the prompt reply. I like the cat-of-nine-tails idea, and a hacker backstory would fit in nicely with this tech-based bo-master I’ve been pondering.

Also to all ‘Machiners out there, I have just posted the first chapter of my Faith Heller story (the beginnings of which are a series called “Introspections”) in the Writers’ Room. Enjoy.

Timedrop23
    Participant

Here’s my Ten O’Clock hero as promised, the all-seeing Deus X.
    Deus-X photo Deus-X_zpsefe01087.png
    Name: Juto Abanme
    Alias: Deus X
    Race: Human
    Birthplace: Tokyo, Japan
    Powers (from Deus X suit): Flight, Access to every piece of electronic information on Earth (or any habitable planet he visits), Can translate any Earth language, as well as Unarian, Moord’rian, and Atlantean, into any other available language, Enhanced strength.
    Bio: Juto Abanme was a highly gifted software engineer recruited as a replacement for the deposed Dr. Elizabeth Stein at HallowGen. In a few short months, Abanme helped re-engineer (and in many cases, improve upon) all of the tech stolen by Dr. Stein, even using her data transfer technology in conjunction with spare P.A.T.C.H. parts and a modification of his own UAP (Universal Access Protocol) interface to create the ultimate in omniscient data access gear, the Deus X suit.
    Frank’s last encounter with the B.R.I.D.E. forced Abanme to don the suit, becoming Deus X for the first time. He ultimately reversed the information flow from his suit into the B.R.I.D.E., causing her to overload and crash.
    Abanme has since been appointed as head of security (both digital and physical) at HallowGen, and most recently joined Clockwork as the team’s chief information analyst. He also serves as liason to the Unarian and Atlantean peoples, and has developed a close personal and professional relationship with Atlantean Ambassador Icthya, frequently providing assistance with events arising from the hybrid conspiracy.

Note: Ju and To are Japanese words for the cardinal number ten, while Jubanme is the ordinal expression, tenth.

Timedrop23
    Participant

A second villain submission for you. I finally got the kinks ironed out on the first member of Hi-N’Un XII’s rogues’ gallery (too’many’apostrophes”””’!), and now I present you with the man responsible for New York’s recent vampirism problem.
    Vlad the Impaler photo 1-Blood-Vlad_zps7cc53264.png
    Name: Vlad III Dracula
    Alias: Count Dracula, Vlad Tepes, Vlad the Impaler, King of the Vampires (self-appointed)
    Race: Vampire
    Birthplace: Sighișoara, Transylvania, Kingdom of Hungary (now Romania)
    Powers: Immortality, Mesmerism, Vampirism, Flight, Inhuman strength
    Bio: Dracula’s factual bio can be found here, but where history claims Vlad the Impaler died in the late 1470’s AD, assassinated under mysterious circumstances, in truth the former Transylvanian nobleman went into hiding, aware from his practice in the dark arts that forces beyond his domain were planning to end his reign and his life. Vlad’s forays into dark magic later led him to a ritual that would allow him life everlasting, provided he drank human blood on a regular basis. But as any who toy with the black arts can tell you, there are always strings attached. The ritual not only infused Dracula with the blood of life eternal, but also made him host to a demonic virus known at the time as Tepes Croatoa, which warped his body and soul, turning him into the most powerful and feared vampire in history.
    During her travels to post-Dark Ages Europe, Tempora Doce often crossed paths with the infamous count, and though she escaped his clutches, none of their encounters could rightly be called a victory.
    Vlad has since defeated and killed several members of the cursed Black family, including Lena’s mother Leonore, while living as a zoologist under the name Daniel Basara. Most recently, he has come into possession of the lost Sword of Tepes, a fearsome demonic weapon capable of transmuting water into vampiric blood. Is the outbreak in Ithaca, New York (now statewide and spreading) strictly Vlad’s doing, or is there a greater plan at work?

Timedrop23
    Participant

I think I finally got the menace on this guy right (admittedly Vlad looks a bit goofy but I’m just going for concepts at this point). What started as a rogues’ gallery for the Pharaoh alone has become something of an anti-Clockwork syndicate composed of villains who have (for lack of a less spoiler-y word) “plagued” one or more of Clockwork’s heroes and/or other heroes in the Timedrop Comics Universe. This group will be based, as I originally intended when Hi-N’Un was the chief protagonist, upon the ten biblical plagues of Egypt. Vlad the Impaler and his fearsome Sword of Tepes obviously embodied the plague of Blood. Now I give you a more subordinate character, based on the plague of Frogs.
     photo 2-Frogs-TheHumanFrog_zps4fdce0be.png
    Name: Unknown
    Alias: The Human Frog
    Race: Hybrid
    Birthplace: Atlantis
    Powers: Breathes underwater, Superhuman strength, agility, and jumping ability, Heightened senses, Immunity from amphibian-based toxins, Frog-like tongue, Psychic communication with Hybrids (similar to sonar).
    Bio: Little is known about the origins of the Human Frog. He is one of dozens of Hybridized Atlanteans created by the Gauntlets’ DNA-altering side-effects, and one of the rare few who retain some small vestige of a civilized personality. It is unknown whether he engineered the Hybrids’ escape or was an escapee himself, but the Human Frog’s slightly advanced brain has allowed him to properly organize the Hybrid refugees into a kind of guerrilla army that he has led in several raids against the fabled sunken city. The latest (and largest Hybrid raid to date) caught the attention of the technologically omniscient surface-dweller known as Deus X. In Atlantis at the behest of his colleague and girlfriend, the infernal Ambassador Icthya, Deus X left his own world vulnerable to attack to aid in suppressing the Atlantean conflict…all according to plan?

Timedrop23
    Participant

Back to the heroes for this next character. I finally figured out the costume for my Eleven O’ Clock character, settling on a playing card theme while keeping my original thought of a bo-master and incorporating Herr D’s ideas of an insane tech-based hero. I’m always in awe of things I can’t do, and I can’t twirl a bostaff to save my life, so I give you Mad Jack (no relation to the HM artist, and the Jack is the eleventh playing card in a suit, get it?).
     photo MadJack_zpsf5c66a75.png
    Name: Jack Card
    Alias: Mad Jack
    Race: Human
    Birthplace: Reno, Nevada
    Powers: Can freeze time, Enhanced strength & reflexes, Control over Knavium, Wields twin Ferro-Knavium staffs.
    Bio: Professor Jack Card was once a brilliant scientist, credited with discovering a rare Earth metal he dubbed “Knavium.” As Card would soon learn, Knavium is highly toxic in its purest form. When melded with iron, however, the result is a perfectly safe, nearly indestructible alloy.
    Little is known of the effects of exposure to Knavium gas, but his prolonged experimentation with the element left Jack Card horribly disfigured, insane and blind in one eye. Unexpectedly the Knavium poisoning also gifted him with the ability to stop time. This little trick would come in handy later on, as he fought crime under the alias “Mad Jack,” although like himself, the talent would prove to be unpredictable at first, lasting anywhere from a few seconds to a few hours.
    Mad Jack’s costume gives him enhanced strength and reflexes, as well as the ability to manipulate any object(s) in his vicinity that contain Knavium.
    Mad Jack Card would later enter into a tenuous romance with the exiled princess Prima of Unaria, their relationship constantly tested by his reluctance to let her see his mutilated face, and by her inherent desire for rare metals. Mad Jack eventually joined Clockwork to be closer to Prima, in hopes that they could salvage their failing romance.

Timedrop23
    Participant

So to complete my Clockwork team, I got a little creative with the inspirations behind my Nine O’ Clock character: the zodiac and the periodic table. If any of you are familiar with either of these, you’ll know that atomic number 9 on the periodic table of the elements is Fluorine, and the ninth sign in the zodiac is Sagittarius. Fluorine is a poisonous, pale yellow gas that, when added to metallic ore, lowers its melting point and thereby makes it easier to use in alloys. It just so happens that the Greek name for Sagittarius is Toxotes, and with Sagittarius being a centaur (an “alloy” of man and horse), it all seemed to fit together nicely. Plus my team didn’t have an archer yet. I also decided to place him in the same dimension as my Four O’Clock character, Tetra. Before I get into the new character, here’s a reminder of Tetra:

Tetra photo Timedrop23-4OClock_zpsd5e40ec0.png

Name: Tetra Ka’Li
    Alias: Tetra
    Race: Ka’Lian
    Birthplace: The Vedanga Dimension
    Powers: Four arms, Super-strength, High-density skin, Superior jumping ability, Skilled & ruthless fighter.
    Bio: The Vedanga Dimension is no place for the average human. It is a land of savage mythical beasts and even more savage beauty. It is a place where demons and gods shed each other’s blood for sport, and what we call magic or fantasy can turn the most harmless of objects into a deadly weapon. It is also where the woman named Tetra Ka’Li grew into a powerful and ruthless warrior-queen whose legend spread even to our world, where our Hindu priests worship her as a goddess of destruction and rebirth. But in the last few days, Tetra has had to single-handedly (so to speak) defend her realm against unprescedented numbers of attacks by skeleton demons, whose very presence on her land has reduced its fields to rot and ruin, and cost the lives of hundreds of her people, who wither and die at the demons’ touch only to rise again and join the growing army of Pestilence.
    Tetra recently received word from the Earth realm that the Horseman’s dark influence has reached our planet, that he had been summoned by a being of greater power than himself to wreak havoc upon the Earth. With the help of Dhanusha, the ruler of a nearby Vedangan kingdom, Tetra is able to reach Earth and ally with the Clockwork team against Pestilence and his growing army of darkness.

And with that, we move on to Dhanusha:
     photo Dhanusha_zps3d6709de.png
    Name: Dhanusha
    Alias: Sagittarius
    Race: Sagittarian
    Powers: Amalgam Touch (can fuse with or adopt the attributes of any substance or creature by touch), Expert marksmanship with archery weapons (chiefly the crossbow), Alchemy, Skilled and ruthless fighter.
    Bio: Another child of the savage Vedanga dimension, Dhanusha clawed and clamored his way to a position of monarchy in a ruthless land, uniting his people against foreign incursion and establishing a shaky alliance with the nearby Ka’Lian empire. But like Ka’Lia, Sagittaria soon fell to Pestillence and his skeleton army, leaving the two champions to stand alone against the horde of ruin incarnate, until an Earth realm priest sent word that Pestillence was no longer in Vedanga. As a master alchemist, Dhanusha was able to open the gateway between Vedanga and Earth, where he and Tetra would align with our planet’s greatest heroes against the Pestillence invasion and whatever higher power had summoned him.

Timedrop23
    Participant

Fear not, Timedrop fans! A Clockwork group shot is on the way….

Timedrop23
    Participant

Here’s the group shot of Clockwork. I’m still fleshing out the bios for the characters I haven’t done them for yet, but I’ll have the finished copy soon (maybe in the Writers’ Room?).
    Clockwork Group photo Group_zps0bcf2682.png

In other news, I’m fully stuck on the Plague of Lice character. Maybe a guy with bugs crawling out of his beard? There are at least three plagues involving insects, and I don’t just want to do a bunch of bug-men or Swarm-type characters, so ideas are welcome.

I’m also pondering a post-Plagues Clockwork event that will feature an even more all-powerful baddie and an Anti-Clockwork team (think Earth-2 Injustice, but not so far as to get myself in trouble), as well as a post-event Clockwork II team.

Linea24
    Participant

Like the diversity of the appearances of the characters in that group pic.

Timedrop23
    Participant

Appreciate the feedback, Linea24.

To all ‘machiners: I used Hammerknight’s Paint.NET tutorial and had some difficulty assembling the shot with characters on top of one another. The grey pixels around the characters don’t lend to a cohesive-looking picture. Any suggestions on eliminating those pixels would also be greatly appreciated.
    To answer any questions about my character-saving process, here it is: I go to widescreen view, right-click, and choose print, then save the image as a pdf. I copy the image from the pdf and paste it into a new photoshop file, then save it as a non-interlaced png because they take up less space than interlaced png’s. [copy and paste Hammerknight’s group shot recipe here as the next step], and done.

Also still accepting thoughts on the Lice character.

Timedrop23
    Participant

Here’s my crack at the third Plague event villain (not to be confused with the Plague being fought by IntroSpectre and Faith Heller)
    Aaron photo 3-Lice-Aaron_zpsf0a53b94.png
    Name: Aaron
    Race: Human/Demon
    Birthplace: Unknown (possibly Egypt)
    Powers: Immortality, Control over lice, Giant insect arms.
    Bio: The Bible serves as the only account of Aaron’s life as a human, and an incomplete account at best, full of inconsistencies (including at least three versions of his death). His true demise took place after fashioning the Golden Calf at the base of Mount Sinai when God smote him and those gathered before him for worshiping a false idol. Aaron was cast into Hell for his sacrilege, but resurfaced in modern times. His body now serves as host to a giant lice demon, but his will for vengeance against the Pharaoh remains intact (Hi-N’Un’s trickery saved his people from destruction at the hands of Aaron and his brother Moses during the time of the original plagues). Since Aaron’s arrival in our time, outbreaks of a voracious flesh-eating disease have spread across the Earth, forcing Clockwork to further divide its resources in order to deal with the growing number and frequency of Plague attacks.

Timedrop23
    Participant

Apparently, it’s been about a week since I put forth a new character, and I came up with two new Plague villains. One you will have to wait for because it would be a spoiler if I gave it to you now.
    Here’s a recap of events so far: Lena Black is off chasing Vlad through the streets of New York, all the while under siege by a horde of vampires. Deus X is occupied with the Hybrid invasion of Atlantis. Frank (with Silver in tow) is leading a small contingent of Clockwork heroes, composed Mad Jack, Lady Icarus, Shield, and Rush, to find a cure for Aaron’s flesh-eating virus. Other heroes are out dealing with as-yet-unspecified Plague attacks, but rest assured that Hi-N’Un and Lady Luck will cross paths with their old foe Robbie Boyle in the near future, and the Vedangan duo of Tetra and Dhanusha (whose journey to the Earth Realm somehow divided them) will encounter more villains from their home dimension, beginning with today’s character, Beelzebub.
    I based his likeness on a backwards interpretation of the boar’s head from William Golding’s classic novel, Lord Of the Flies. So as you can probably guess, Beelzebub represents the fourth plague of Egypt: the Plague of Animals/Flies.
    Beelzebub photo 4-Flies-Beelzebub_zpsd7ca7b74.png
    Name: Beelzebub
    Alias: Lord Of Flies
    Race: Ekronian
    Powers: Flight, Healing factor, Superhuman strength, Power of suggestion (lost since his beheading and revival), Staff of Baal (opens portals to the Dipteran Dimension, a pocket dimension inhabited entirely by giant flies, and gives the wielder command over them).
    Bio: Beelzebub was once the ruler of Vedanga, and although a life in the horrific dimension required ruthlessness, Beelzebub was downright monstrous to his subjects, using his power of suggestion to pit them against one another for his amusement. One day, his power was challenged by Tetra and Dhanusha, who soundly defeated the Boar-Lord together, after finding themselves equally matched to one another. He was beheaded publicly and his kingdom divided between the two champions. Tetra claimed Beelzebub’s palace as her own (Dhanusha not wanting the castle for personal reasons), and assisted her co-champion in constructing a second palace for him. The body of Beelzebub was buried in an iron box beneath the foundation of the new palace, and his head was displayed on a pike outside the gates of Tetra’s kingdom as a reminder of their strength.
    When the two champions were forced to leave their collapsed kingdoms for the Earth realm, a powerful being appeared in Vedanga, destroying the Saggitarian palace with a wave of his hand. In no time, He recovered the head and body of Beelzebub, and the Boar-Lord was whole again. The being also gifted Beelzebub with the Staff of Baal, a perverted reconstruction of the original Staff of Moses, that would allow the newly crowned Lord Of Flies to unleash His next Plague upon the Earth.

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 142 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.