The Reactor Core (The Atomic Punk’s Archive)

Home Forums The HeroMachine Art Gallery The Reactor Core (The Atomic Punk’s Archive)

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 492 total)
  • Author

The Atomic Punk
    Participant

Character Contest 46: Holy Moley

I thought of this character while eating a salad.

Daucus Carota: High Priest of the Holy Romain Empire
    AtomicPunk-DaucusCarota.png

Close-up
    AtomicPunk-DaucusCarota_cu.PNG

Kaylin88100
    Participant

You’re so funny!Laugh Cool

The Atomic Punk
    Participant

Thanks, Kaylin. Always nice to get a wry smile.

A depiction of Jimmy Goggles and a native worshipper. Jimmy Goggles the God is a short story by my favorite writer H.G. Wells. The title “Op’dop’appa” is a nonsense word that I created. It never appears in H.G. Wells’ works. I was listening to Talking Heads’ “Give Me Back My Name.” The verse leading up to the chorus goes “That word does not exist in any language / It will never be uttered by a human mouth.”

Op’dop’appa
    AtomicPunk-Opdopappa.png

Close-up
    AtomicPunk-Opdopappa_cu.PNG

The Atomic Punk
    Participant

A personal note, the Reactor Core is on full meltdown. My mom is in a rehab facility after a stroke. I am staying at her house to upkeep. And Chloe Cat is unbelievably co-dependant. Apologies for the downer. But I am going to be more sporadic than before, given circumstance.

I’m going to skip to one of my early attempts for a perspective design: Underdark. Just for the upper. I like the fonts in this piece. The drow’s words a easy enough to read. To translate the Mindflayer’s response, peruse the “Runic” font.

Underdark: An ambitious Illithid violates an unholy temple of Lolth. He steps through the green smog. Then quickly dispatches the lowly male guard with a Mind Blast. Now he faces the High Priestess. The Illithid will become infamous in the Underdark. Or his blood will feed the temple spiders for as long as the Priestess wants him to suffer for his umbrage.

AtomicPunk-Underdark.png

The Atomic Punk
    Participant

co-dependant… co-dependent… moving on…

Nicolas Bari, aka Nico. He is a hero in my meta-verse. Nico’s power is rapid healing and the ability to heal wounded and disease-stricken children. His parents named him after Saint Nicholas of Bari not Santa Claus.

Nico is a character that I have re-designed several times. For this particular incarnation, I gave him a Santa Claus motif. The idea being that Santa Claus is more popular than the historical Saint Nicholas.

AtomicPunk-NicolasBari.png

The Atomic Punk
    Participant

Final entry: President Amy Avnas, 58th President of Hell, Leader of 36 Legions

“Amy is a great president, and appeareth in a flame of fire, but having taken mans shape, he maketh one marvelous in astrologie, and in all the liberall sciences, he procureth excellent familiars, he bewraieth treasures preserved by spirits, he hath the governement of thirtie six legions, he is partlie of the order of angels, partlie of potestats, he hopeth after a thousand two hundreth yeares to returne to the seventh throne: which is not credible.”

Pseudomonarchia daemonum, Johann Wier (1583)

AtomicPunk-AmyAvnas.png

Close-up
    AtomicPunk-AmyAvnas_cu.PNG

Myro
    Participant

How’s your mom doing?

The Atomic Punk
    Participant

@Myro said:

How’s your mom doing?

Thanks for asking, Myro. She transferred to a rehabilation / skilled care facility for therapy and evaluation. What one would expect from a 68-year old recovering from a stroke. She wants to go home, she insists that she’s fine, and hates the therapy program. Overall, she is able to talk and move (under supervision), but struggles with cohesion and short-term memory.

The doctor and therapists have not provided us a whole lot of feedback since it is a 30-day evaluation. Depending on their findings, she might have to stay another 30 days, can go home, need to move to assisted-living, who knows…

The Atomic Punk
    Participant

Character Contest 47: Weather, Weather Everywhere

First entry, El Shamal is a supre-villain in my meta-verse. Some background about my meta-verse. The majority of the heroes and villains were my Champions and GURPS Supers characters. I was an active gamer when I was in junior high and high school. Which was… well, before today.

El Shamal was the dictator of a Persian Gulf Emirate who also controlled the wind. In my original story, he invaded a neighboring emirate. It took a rogue squad of heroes to liberate the tiny nation and ultimately destroy El Shamal. The parallel is the First Gulf War of 1990-1991 not 9/11 and the War on Terror.

When I began to re-visit my meta-verse is when I found HeroMachine. Before, I used to rely on the artists in our RPG gang and others to draw my characters. Most of the time they would put me off, or draw something that was completely different than my vision. HeroMachine is a great tool to enhance your characters and draft new ones.

El Shamal, “The Devil Wind”
    AtomicPunk-ElShamal.png

Close-up
    AtomicPunk-ElShamal_cu.PNG

The Atomic Punk
    Participant

Pogonip is a villain in my meta-verse. Though a minor character, he is otherwise a normal except that he has what is known as the “N-Factor.” The N-Factor is the amazing ability of seemingly ordinary people to hold their own against metas.

I’m thinking of re-naming the “N-Factor” to something else because it is too close to “X-Factor.” Suggestions welcome.

Pogonip
    AtomicPunk-Pogonip.png

Close-up
    AtomicPunk-Pogonip_cu.PNG

Backstory
    The Idaho Devils are bikers known all along the Continental Divide. Sometimes referred to as “ID-43” (Idaho, 43rd State), the gang primarily trades in illegal guns and drugs along with other assorted vices. Rumors circulate that their gang code is heavily influenced by “pagan traditions”. The Devils are also notoriously violent. “Transgressions” are handled by enforcers.

Their main enforcer is simply known as “Pogonip”. He is the cold, deadly fog that has claimed many travelers foolish enough to stray from the safety of the “righteous path.” To call him otherwise invites the touch of his “ice crystals”. The only exception, of course, is his own mother.

The Atomic Punk
    Participant

Gayel Force is a hybrid from my Achi’i storyline. Her mother is an Achi’a duchess and her father is a Benefactor general. To re-cap, the planet Achi’i was in the grip of world war. The Benefactors came to the planet offering peace. Instead, the became brutal oppressors. The Benefactors have taken Achi’a mates from the royal houses to secure power and create a bloodline.

Thus, being of noble birth, Gayel became an officer in the Benefactor Armada. Her post prevents Achi’i starships from escaping the solar system as well as intercepts outside aid. Her cybernetic arm and leg are not a result of a battle or an accident. They are sheaths that cover her boneless Benefactor tendrils. The patch covers her Benefactor eye which has been blind since birth.

All of this, the Achi’a, the Benefactors, Gayel Force, the entire storyline is subject to change. My dad saw Gayel on my laptop and asked me if she is supposed to be Honor Harrington. He has read every one of the Honorverse books. Whereas I have read none. Admittedly, there is a resemblance.

Gayel Force: Battle-scarred veteran; Torn between two worlds
    AtomicPunk-GayelForce.png

Close-up
    AtomicPunk-GayelForce_cu.PNG

The Atomic Punk
    Participant

I did not enter Jeanne Arc-en-Ciel into the contest. This was an experiment using highlights and shading. That and I was trying for a psychedlic look. The design is very muddled.

Jeanne Arc-en-Ciel
    AtomicPunk-JeanneArcEnCiel.png

Close-up
    AtomicPunk-JeanneArcEnCiel_cu.PNG

The Atomic Punk
    Participant

A personal favorite – Thunderstryker. I’m a mech guy at heart (right next to the pouty little girl).

Thunderstryker: Azurian Defense Network, 16th Division (TS-16)
    AtomicPunk-Thunderstryker.png

Close-up
    AtomicPunk-Thunderstryker_cu.PNG

The Atomic Punk
    Participant

Final Entry: Detective Tollemache Squall celebrating yet another mystery solved in Arkham, Massachussetts.

Detective Squall
    AtomicPunk-TollemacheSquall.png

Close-up
    AtomicPunk-TollemacheSquall_cu.PNG

Kaylin88100
    Participant

@The Atomic Punk said:

I did not enter Jeanne Arc-en-Ciel into the contest. This was an experiment using highlights and shading. That and I was trying for a psychedelic look. The design is very muddled.

Psychedelic? Yeah, you got that right. Laugh I think it has potential, though. It’s a nice design, and the figure itself is quite clear. I’d say the experiment was reasonably successful – but of course, I have no idea what effect you were actually going for.

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 492 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.