The Reactor Core (The Atomic Punk’s Archive)

Home Forums The HeroMachine Art Gallery The Reactor Core (The Atomic Punk’s Archive)

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 492 total)
  • Author

Vampyrist
    Participant

I like him and I just saw Rififi a couple of weeks ago, it was very good.

The Atomic Punk
    Participant

@Vampyrist said:

I like him and I just saw Rififi a couple of weeks ago, it was very good.

Thanks for the nod. And good to know I’m not the only one with a penchant for foreign films. Cool

Character Contest 42: Another Brick in the Wall

Earth, The Foundation. I have had a story in my head forever with the elements as the primary characters (Earth, Wind, Fire, Water). I tried again to stretch the design with unimpressive results. I like my HM 2.5 design more than my upgrade.

Earth HM 3 Alpha
    AtomicPunk-Earth.png

Close-up
    AtomicPunk-Earth_cu.PNG

HM 2.5
    AtomicPunk-Earth_HM2-5.jpg

The Atomic Punk
    Participant

Character Contest 42: Another Brick in the Wall

Final entry for CC 42: Molly B Denum. Molybdenum, Element 42, is a soft, silver-colored metal used in the manufacture of ink, rubber, and plastic. What better element for a model turned cyborg? She is a villain from my GURPS Supers campaign but was a wholly different character. I gave her a reboot – new origin, new look.

Also, I introduced another Dr. Menudo. She started as an original character whom I created as a one-shot for CC 42 but have since expanded her role. More on Dr. Menudo when I get to Character Contest 53: Bad Guy. Hope you guys stick around for her. (And thanks for viewing my gallery thus far!)

Molly and Menudo are major characters in my meta-verse. Plus a pop reference to “Right Said Fred” in Molly’s origin. In my admitted laziness, I used flashlight items as floorlights.

Molly B Denum
    AtomicPunk-MollyBDenum_screenshot.PNG

Close-up
    AtomicPunk-MollyBDenum_cu.PNG

Origin
    Vain Molly “Mo” Beatrice Drozdoski wanted to be the next supermodel. She was dating a socialite who sent her career soaring. He was always secretive about what he did for a living. It didn’t matter to Mo. She was in demand. Fashion shows in Milan, New York, and Japan. Meeting the rich, famous, and powerful. Weekends in Paris. Mo was living the life.

Her boyfriend was none other than Alex Giancanni, son of Don Alessandro. Being the heir apparent of the infamous Philadelphia Giancanni crime family was dangerous enough, but Alex had ran up considerable debt. Rather than paying what he owed, he decided to take out his creditors.

After several “unsanctioned” murders, even Don Alessandro wanted Alex stopped. It was decided to settle Alex’s debts. Which was unfortunate for Mo, who knew nothing of her beau’s evil ways.

The car bomb destroyed the Lamborghini and killed Alex instantly. Mo survived. The Giancanni Family had bribed the ambulance crew to ensure that Alex was dead. They didn’t say what to do about passengers. The EMTs knew of a surgeon who paid good money for recently deceased patients.

Disgraced Dr. Tina Mendoza was that surgeon. She had a felony record, even spending a few years in Federal prison for her bizarre experiments. Dr. Mendoza was known as “Dr. Menudo” because most of her operations involved mixes of body parts and exotic materials.

Dr. Menudo was able to save Molly. She was delighted with her success. So much so, that she promised Molly a whole new body in exchange for certain services. Molly, still in shock and her mind warped by various experimental drugs, agreed. If nothing, she wanted revenge on those who took her career and her lover.

Now she is Molly B Denum (molybdenum), or simply “MO.” Mo has become amoral and indifferent. Due largely to the various drugs and experiments that Dr. Menudo continues to administer. However, she is angry not just for the loss of her life, but her looks.

Her cybernetic parts enhance her strength and durability. Though not as powerful as some “bricks”, she is able to punch through concrete walls, lift cars, and ruin anyone’s day. Dr. Menudo often contracts Mo to supervillains who are in need of no-questions-asked muscle.

Dr. Menudo is actually trying to grow a clone of Mo. Not to make good on her promise, but to conduct other experiments. The enhancements that she ocassionally gives Mo are cosmetic. Trading the metal exterior for biomechanical improvements, giving the illusion that she is restoring Mo’s humanity. Dr. Menudo controls Mo through drugs and microchips. She has not decided whether she will let Mo leave after she is no longer useful.

The Atomic Punk
    Participant

Character Contest 43: Laborer

Design a blue collar superhero. I tried a lot of wordplay with this contest as well as more pop culture references.

“Demolition Man” is a tribute to the song by Grace Jones.
    AtomicPunk-DemolitionMan.png

A Sandhog is an underground engineer or construction worker The term refers almost exclusively to those who work the networks beneath Boston. Most of you will recognize the “Looney Tunes” reference.
    AtomicPunk-Sandhog.png

A more serious entry was The Wichita Lineman. Though he is inspired by the Glen Campbell song of same name.

• Insulated suit protects from electricity, fire, and is near bulletproof
    • Insulated suit also amplifies electricity, using the Lineman’s own bio-electric charge for power
    • Copper wire bola voltage is modulated. It can mildly shock or punch a hole in a concrete wall
    • Grappling hook allows for access to high places, quick exits, and grabbing at a distance

AtomicPunk-WichitaLineman.png

Close-up
    AtomicPunk-WichitaLineman_cu.PNG

The Atomic Punk
    Participant

The Keeper. Remember your first job in high school? Did you ever daydream of someday running the store, a franchise, or the whole conglomerate? That is the optimism that drives the Keeper.

The “Itsaburger” fast food chain is another creation that started in HeroMachine. I have since incorporated the idea into other projects.

The Keeper
    AtomicPunk-TheKeeper.png

Close-up
    AtomicPunk-TheKeeper_cu.PNG

Tagline
    The Keeper starts his workday with a cup of Itsaburger Xtra Black coffee. This month’s Itsakidsmeal prize is a bisphenol-A plastic replica of the Itsaburger CEO’s 18th Corvette.

Stick with him, girlfriend. Some day that car will be his. He’s got potential. Right there, that’s his cat – “Potential”.

The Atomic Punk
    Participant

Next, and because I wanted it to stand out, is “Snowball in Hell.” One of my all-time favorite bands / groups – They Might Be Giants. Love, love, love TMBG. Their music is nerd-brain lyrics… If Tori Amos was two dudes and you smashed their heads together to write stories that matched quirky lyrics to music… you would have Tori Amos as two dudes that you would smash their heads together to match stories that matched quirky hot Tori Amos. You feeling this? Because that’s how I feel about “They Might Be Giants.”

Snowball-in-Hell
    AtomicPunk-SnowballinHell.png

Close-up
    AtomicPunk-SnowballinHell_cu.PNG

* Also checkout Homestar Runner!

Myro
    Participant

Dude! Major props on your love of They Might Be Giants. I particularly like Anna Ng and Particle Man, and their stuff with the Chapmans on Homestar Runner was always clever and humorous.

The Atomic Punk
    Participant

Thanks, Myro.

Overall, I’m pleased with the Apiarist. His arms are a snidge outside his body armor. Deciding whether to incorporate into my meta-verse. I designed the Apiarist along the lines of a Spider-Man villain. A lot of Spidey’s foes are blue collar guys themselves (Electro, Shocker, Sandman). They might have odd motifs and outlandish costumes but they are some of the most destructive and deadliest bad guys out there.

The Apiarist
    AtomicPunk-Apiarist.png

Close-up
    AtomicPunk-Apiarist_cu.PNG

Backstory
    Mason Bumble developed a way to control bees using high-pitched frequency modulation and a purple chemical compound of his own design. With his hive of specially-bred and trained giant bees, he commits crime for something sweeter than honey –

MONEY!

The Atomic Punk
    Participant

Ahab’s Occupational Rehab: an exclusive therapy clinic and spa for superheroes. The figure to his left is confusing. It’s supposed to be a robot or armored characer lying on a floating workout bench. He is trying to touch his toes with his pincers. Though I think that I was successful with Dr. Ahab’s hip workout clothes and knee braces.

Dr. Ahab
    AtomicPunk-AhabsRehab.png

Close-up
    AtomicPunk-AhabsRehab_cu.PNG

Tagline
    Throw out that back when you plugged the erupting volcano with a meteor?

Sprain your brain in psychic combat against a Sklorbork?

Biomechanical gravity-compensating gyroscope not gyrating?

We have the therapy program for you!

The Atomic Punk
    Participant

Closing this retrospect with “Davyper.” The bucket and city skyline reminded me of the opening scene of “Saturday Night Fever.” Tony Manero (John Travolta) strutting down the street with paint cans. Davyper morphed into a blue collar guy with a street punk attitude. Hence the leather jacket instead of the a window wiper’s uniform.

Davypr: Terror (and clean windows) on the 34th Floor
    AtomicPunk-Davypr.png

Close-up
    AtomicPunk-Davypr_cu.PNG

The Atomic Punk
    Participant

Character Contest 44: Nature

I re-visited my HeroMachine 2.5 characters during this contest. The theme of this group is the elements (earth, wind, fire, water) and their minions (frost, flame, smoke, etc.). I never fully developed the characters. My draft storyline is that the elements are rivals on a ruling council. More suited as a Greek drama or Shakespeare than a comic book.

You already met Earth, the Foundation. I used him as an entry in Character Contest 42. Here are the other three Elements.

Air, the Magistrate
    AtomicPunk-Air.png
    AtomicPunk-Air_cu.PNG
    AtomicPunk-Air_hm25.jpg

Fire, the Indifferent (Yes, her left hand is backward!)
    AtomicPunk-Fire.png
    AtomicPunk-Fire_cu.PNG
    AtomicPunk-Fire_hm25.jpg

Water. Ironically, I did not give Water an HM3 makeover or a title. I like her just the way she is.
    AtomicPunk-Water_hm25.jpg

The Atomic Punk
    Participant

I didn’t enter these Elementals in the contest, just wanted to share them. Originally done in HM 2.5. Most likely, I will not upgrade them in HM3.

Clay

AtomicPunk-Clay_hm25.jpg

Cloud

AtomicPunk-Cloud_hm25.jpg

Frost

AtomicPunk-Frost_hm25.jpg

Harvest

AtomicPunk-Harvest_hm25.jpg

Heat

AtomicPunk-Heat_hm25.jpg

Mist

AtomicPunk-Mist_hm25.jpg

Slag

AtomicPunk-Slag_hm25.jpg

Smoke

AtomicPunk-Smoke_hm25.jpg

The Atomic Punk
    Participant

The first of four Elementals that I did upgrade from HM 2.5 to 3 Beta.

Flame, the Distrustful
    AtomicPunk-Flame.png

Close-up
    AtomicPunk-Flame_cu.PNG

HM 2.5
    AtomicPunk-Flame_hm25.jpg

The Atomic Punk
    Participant

Ash, the Anarchist
    AtomicPunk-Ash.png

Close-up
    AtomicPunk-Ash_cu.PNG

HM 2.5
    AtomicPunk-Ash_hm25.jpg

The Atomic Punk
    Participant

Cinder, the Usurper
    AtomicPunk-Cinder.png

Close-up
    AtomicPunk-Cinder_cu.PNG

HM 2.5
    AtomicPunk-Cinder_hm25.jpg

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 492 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.