PLANET AMS

Home Forums The HeroMachine Art Gallery PLANET AMS

Viewing 15 posts - 796 through 810 (of 1,904 total)
  • Author

The Atomic Punk
    Participant

Great energy effects. I like what you did with the coat.

CantDraw
    Participant

RobM – In regards to your inquiry on faces. Now, my experience is more with women’s faces, which I usually do smooth, so my technique may not help at all with men’s faces. I normally use a dark color for the face and then put a light colored gradient on top as my base. It creates more of a 3-D effect by making the face appear to round towards the edges. The rest of the zypping, IMHO, is a matter of what expression or effect you’re trying to convey. I nearly always apply some zypping near the eyes and nose. Also, zyppng the lips really makes them stand out.

AMS – as always, you do an awesome job with the look of your characters.

DiCicatriz
    Participant

Nice job on the updated Male-Body study! Looks a lot better :D

Styx is awesome! The jacket has just the right touches, and the facial expression is your usual level of mastery :)

prswirve
    Participant

That face! A quick one, do you zoom when working on faces? ‘Coz the detail you put attention to on faces is really astonishing.

ams
    Participant

Thank you ‘machiners!

@prswirve
    – Most definitely do I zoom in to construct faces. Actually I go back and forth (zoom in and out) until I am happy with the expression to my characters. I pretty much have the same building pattern method when I am doing the face. I always put more attention on the eyes. If they don’t look focused, it doesn’t look right to me. After that, I just experiment with facial features until I get a result that I’m happy with. Cheers!

Lightningsword
    Participant

WOW. Awesome! One thing though: you should give the illusion o the glowing green by putting reflections in the coat. Apart from this, looks AWE-SOME.

Scatman

I haven’t been online due to my recent mass addiction to Skyrim(RPG XBOX game).I am glad to come and peer in at some stuff everyone is creating lately and such wonderful new and up and comings and of course your seasoned vets such as yourself.Love these last few is it me or have you been doing some experimenting lateley?anyway glad WinkI dropped in,great to see the new guys!

ams
    Participant

Thanks dudes!

@ Scatman – Yeah, I have been playing with the gradients trying to get more depth to the characters.

ams
    Participant

Continuing with the Villains theme, here is MADAME PAYNE. She is the master strategist in ALPHA’s gang and has the power to inflict intense pain with a mere touch.

MADAME-PAYNE.PNG

Cheers!

hawk007
    Participant

How. Did. You. Get. So. Good.

JR19759
    Keymaster

@hawk007 said:

How. Did. You. Get. So. Good.

By being AMS.

Great work man. Cheers

ams
    Participant

Thanks guys!

Here is another villain, SEISMIC. I see this guy as a hero who has turned to the dark side. With that happening, ALPHA takes advantage and recruits him to his team.

SEISMIC.PNG

CantDraw
    Participant

Seismic and Payne are freakin’ cool! I like that you gave him a gut and the coloring on both is outstanding.

Anarchangel
    Participant

Ams, mate, I don’t think I have adequate words to describe how much I love your work.

DiCicatriz
    Participant

Seismic is awesome! Definitely gives me the ‘retired’ superhero feeling with the spare tire and everything.

Viewing 15 posts - 796 through 810 (of 1,904 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.