Mad Jacks Showroom

Home Forums The HeroMachine Art Gallery Mad Jacks Showroom

Viewing 15 posts - 301 through 315 (of 355 total)
  • Author

Mad Jack
    Participant

For the CDC #59:

Sure it’s easy to piss off a Pit Bull – but they really shouldn’t call him dogface …

Dog_pv.png

Stulte
    Participant

Nice! Love the grey-scaling.

Legatus
    Participant

That is an awesome dog!

Mad Jack
    Participant

Thanks Stulte & danke Legatus … Laugh

Mad Jack
    Participant

When in 2012 on December 21 the Harvester spaceship “Bolon Yokte’ K’uh” appeared in Earth’s atmosphere, a strange object, that had been storaged in a warehouse on a secret army military base referred to as “Area Zero” since the late 1940’s, was suddenly activated and formed multiple tiny wormholes in it’s vicinity before it could be shut down. According to the warehouse files the object was part of the wreckage that was found in Roswell, New Mexico in 1947 and highly likely of alien origin.

Soon after the victory over the Croa’to’an, the army started to investigate the alien object and founded a research operation under the codename “Project Blackgate” which finally managed to create a functioning wormhole generator, with which one could penetrate into alternative or parallel realities and dimensions. This in turn led to the creation of a new top-secret government agency called S.H.A.R.D. (Surveillance Headquarters for Alternate Realities & Dimensions), under whose direction the newly discovered realities should be researched and cataloged by a team of military personnel with both superhuman abilities and expertise in different fields of scientific knowledge.

These daring researchers are known as “Team Vanguard“.

Vanguard_pv.png

The team members from bottom left to top right:

KILLJOY

Killjoy_pv.png

Ethnicity: Korean American
    Affiliations: Team Vanguard
    Field of expertise: sharpshooting & surveillance; archaeology & history
    Powers: Hyperkinetic (possesses flawless aim, perfect balance, and greatly enhanced motor skills with perfect synchronization between thought and action)

Headshot:
    Killjoy_hs.png

JACKHAMMER

Jackhammer_pv.png

Ethnicity: Afro American
    Field of expertise: recon & observation; geology & meteorology
    Powers: Enhanced Speed (ability to move at extraordinary physical speed (373 mph)) & Additional Limbs (possesses 4 arms)

Headshot:
    Jackhammer_hs.png

GREAT DANE

GreatDane_pv.png

Ethnicity: Danish American
    Field of expertise: tracker; ecology & botany
    Powers: Canine Physiology (abilities of a domestic dog including Enhanced Senses, Stamina, Strength and Reflexes)

Headshot:
    GreatDane_hs.png

BLACKBIRD

Blackbird_pv.png

Ethnicity: Afro American
    Field of expertise: hand-to-hand combat; linguistics & mathematics
    Powers: Wing Manifestation (allowing flight) & Sonic Scream (the power to emit highly enhanced destructive and deafening scream of a high amplitude)

Headshot:
    Blackbird_hs.png

MIMICRY

Mimicry_pv.png

Ethnicity: German/Irish American
    Field of expertise: infiltration; zoology & exobiology
    Powers: Shapeshifting (power to transform and reshape the form of his body down to the genetic and cellular structure)

Headshot:
    Mimicry_hs.png

RUBICON

Rubicon_pv.png

Ethnicity: Italian American
    Field of expertise: psy-war; social anthropology, ethology & psychology
    Powers: Telekinesis (ability to manipulate objects with the mind) & Telepathy (power to mentally receive and/or transmit information)

Headshot:
    Rubicon_hs.png

GRUNT

Grunt_pv.png

Ethnicity: partially Polish American
    Field of expertise: hand-to-hand-combat; biophysics & quantum chemistry
    Powers: Muscle Manipulation (ability to manipulate the muscular structure of oneself), Supernaturally Dense Body-Tissue (extremely dense/solid body-tissue, skin, muscles, bones, etc.), Invulnerability (immune to all forms of physical damage), Supernatural Stamina, Ground Pound (ability to slam the ground to produce different effects) & more

Headshot:
    Grunt_hs.png

HARDWIRE

Hardwire_pv.png

Ethnicity: Puerto Rican American
    Field of expertise: information procurement; computer science & applied physics
    Powers: Computer Interaction (power to interface with computers, data, internet and world wide webs), Technology Manipulation (ability to control electronics and machinery), Technological Assimilation (power to assimilate any technological objects into one’s body and make it part of oneself), Bionic Physiology

Headshot:
    Hardwire_hs.png

Mad Jack
    Participant

Hello echo? Confused

Hello Jack! Surprised

However …

Didn’t like the old costume of my Union Jack character anymore, so I made him a new one … ;)

UnionJack_new_pv.png

Headshot:
    UnionJack_new_hs.png

The old design for comparison:
    Union-Jack.png

What do you think, guys?!

JR19759
    Keymaster

Yeah, new costume is definitely better.

Trekkie
    Participant

Great design! If I may say so, it looks much more natural and less obviously masked on.

Hammerknight
    Participant

Great design.

Mad Jack
    Participant

@JR19759 said:
    Yeah, new costume is definitely better.

Thanks. I was thinking about adding a typical british emblem to his chest but wasn’t sure which one that would be. But then again, I think it works as well without it, doesn’t it? http://www.heromachine.com/wp-content/legacy/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif

@Trekkie said:
    Great design! If I may say so, it looks much more natural and less obviously masked on.

Thx! Yeah, the masked look always bothered me. That’s why I built the flag with several individual insignias this time. I hope you can see how much I progressed in the last year since I joined this great community and saw so many inspiring works. http://www.heromachine.com/wp-content/legacy/forum-smileys/sf-wink.gif

@Hammerknight said:
    Great design.

Thank you! http://www.heromachine.com/wp-content/legacy/forum-smileys/sf-smile.gif

Calvary_Red
    Participant

Union Jack looks awesome. And I love team Vanguard

Mad Jack
    Participant

Thanks! One might think that the same basic uniform for different characters would speed up the work , but unfortunately it was quite the contrary since I had to match them with the different visual angles, arm poses, body sizes, and even genders. http://www.heromachine.com/wp-includes/images/smilies/icon_wink.gif

Calvary_Red
    Participant

@Mad Jack said:

Thanks! One might think that the same basic uniform for different characters would speed up the work , but unfortunately it was quite the contrary since I had to match them with the different visual angles, arm poses, body sizes, and even genders. http://www.heromachine.com/wp-includes/images/smilies/icon_wink.gif

It paid off, they look great. The different insignia on each is a nice touch. Given their purpose and origin, I’m guessing they were assembled from different dimensions.

Mad Jack
    Participant

@Calvary_Red said:
    Given their purpose and origin, I’m guessing they were assembled from different dimensions.

Hmm, didn’t think of that but it’s a great idea! At least some of them could be indeed from alternate realities. Like Hardwire, who could be from an earth where all humans were infected with a nano-technological-virus and machines took control over them. Or Great Dane, who comes from a world where all humans have animal traits due to gene-splicing technology. And Grunt could be from a dimension where earth’s gravity is much higher. Wink

Hammerknight
    Participant

Endless options where you bring in different dimensions. But it make you wonder when you have the same character from multiple dimensions all in the same place at once, what type of effect would it have on them? I guess it would be up to the writer.

Viewing 15 posts - 301 through 315 (of 355 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.