LiveWyre’s Freelance Comics

Home Forums The HeroMachine Art Gallery LiveWyre’s Freelance Comics

Viewing 15 posts - 691 through 705 (of 768 total)
  • Author

ams
    Participant

Crush

Malice

Impact

Blockade

Ravage

Wreckage

livewyre1014
    Participant

Thanks everyone for your help…it was hard to pick a name with so many great choices.  However, we have a winner.  Thank you to Vampyrist for naming my new villain, the OGRE!!!  To show my appreciation, you are entitled to one LiveWyre style redesign of any character of your choosing.  Thanks to everyone again.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

livewyre1014
    Participant

I don’t mean to make my thread political, but I wanted to address a matter very dear to me to this community because I have always felt accepted by this community:

Today is March 30…and today is the first ever recognized “World Bipolar Day”, drawing attention to the daily struggles that people who live with Bipolar Disorder deal with. March 30th was selected for this purpose because it is Vincent Van Gogh’s birthday, Van Gogh being an incredibly influential historical figure who was posthumously diagnosed with Bipolar DIsorder. I am the one and only LIVEWYRE, and I struggle and survive with Bipolar Disorder.

CantDraw
    Participant

I’ve known two people who are bipolar and seen the toll it takes on them and their relationships. I hope you’re doing better with it. As someone with his own neurological issues, I know it can be lonely, even when you’re surrounded by friends and family.

ams
    Participant

Your brave voice only makes you stronger!  All the best, brother!

Cheers!

p.s. OGRE is freakin’ bada$$.  Love it!

asubtledagger28
    Participant

Thanks for sharing Livewyre. When people come forward and share their stories it can be very comforting to others to know that they are not so alone. My partner struggles with depression. This was a long winter for us, but the sun is out and the days are getting brighter. All the best to you Livewyre.

livewyre1014
    Participant

Thank you all…this community has always made a life long outsider like me feel welcome and accepted, and once again I am humbled to count myself among you.

@ AMS – thanks for mentioning OGRE.  I’m thinking a tech guy named Ogre is a perfect villain for a super soldier named the White Knight!

ams
    Participant

Are we getting a White Knight update…..?

livewyre1014
    Participant

…perhaps…

livewyre1014
    Participant

NEW VILLAIN!!!!  This idea actually started as a throw-away ridiculous idea, but as I was designing him, a story started to form.  I’m calling him Gerard Marquis de la Fue, known to the world as Candelabra.  He can generate and control fire.  Think Magneto meets French aristocracy…one of the villains who is not necessarily physically intimidating, but his control of his power and his education makes him a huge threat.  What do you guys think??

Attachments:

JR19759
    Keymaster

I think his face is awesome.

I can see what you were going for with the yellow costume (trying to make him look like a gold candlestick), but I’m not really a huge fan of the colour choice. It swamps the glow from the flames and makes it much less impressive than it would have looked with a darker colour, or a colour the is radically different to the glow colour. But that’s just my opinion. Also, I’ve just noticed that the bottom half of the robe doesn’t match up properly with the top half where they meet around the waist. They match on the outside but the inner edge is slightly out of line. Maybe mask each side to an individual square and adjust the width to fit.

But still, I like the overall look of the character (if we take the yellow out of the equation) and the concept it pretty cool. Few minor tweaks needed that’s all.

livewyre1014
    Participant

Good calls all around JR…I start the tweeking…

Candruth

That face, though.

I agree with what JR said. The yellow on the costume could be a little warmer, if that makes sense. Otherwise, I love it.

ams
    Participant

Magnifique!

The face is awesome.  Cheers!

livewyre1014
    Participant

here’s the updated version..thanks for your input guys!!!

Attachments:
Viewing 15 posts - 691 through 705 (of 768 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.