JR19759’s Redesign Contest

Home Forums Art Contests & Challenges JR19759’s Redesign Contest

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 215 total)
  • Author

djuby
    Participant

djuby-hr19759redesign-kingofcards.jpg

JR19759
    Keymaster

Ok people, you have 24 hours left (maybe a bit less, I meant to post this about an hour ago, but I got distracted).

Scatman

wow!umm..
    PSYCHOSIS
    scatman-psychosisJR19759designcontest.PNG

Trekkie
    Participant

Anarchist:
    Anarchist.png

JR19759
    Keymaster

OK people, this contest is now closed.
    Before I announce the winners, I thought I show you my original designs for the characters, alongside your redesigns.

http://th04.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/i/2012/338/7/2/swan_song_redesign_contest_finalists_by_jr19759-d5n0m4m.png

Top- Swan-Song (Mine, Scatman’s), Psychosis (Mine, Scatman’s)
    2nd Row- Anarchist (Mine, Blue Blazer’s, Trekkie’s), Toy Maker (Mine, Livewyre1014’s)
    3rd Row- King Of Cards (Mine, Blue Blazer’s, djuby’s), Cut-Throat (Mine, Blue Blazer’s)
    Bottom- Dead-Eye (Mine, Blue Blazer’s)

As you can see, we have some designs that are quite close to the original designs and some that are completely different.
    So with that in mind, we have two winners this week. One for getting close to my idea and the second originality.

And our first winner is Trekkie, just edging out Blue Blazer (for the same character) due to the flame glow effect, which was awesome.
    And our second winner is Scatman, for the awesome shading and costume on his version of Psychosis (which makes me go wow whenever I see it), just beating djuby.

Well done guys, amazing entries from everyone, even if we did get off to a slow start.
    I’ll announce the next contest later.

JR19759
    Keymaster

Ok, the next contest is going to be a bit different. It’s going to be the last contest for a while, what with the contests coming back on the main blog and the fact that I’m starting to struggle for ideas for this. However I’ve decided to go out with a bang.
    This contest will last for two weeks (more depending on participation levels) and I will be offering a prize of sorts, the chance to have one of your designs used in a professionally released comic book.
    As some of you may know if you read through the Open Thread Day a few weeks ago, I have been given my own comic by the guys at K.I.N.G Comics, based around this character

http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2012/233/d/0/orion_by_jr19759-d5bwdl5.png

Orion, who is part of a cosmic team called the Solaria. The Solaria is a cosmic entity split into ten pieces many millions of years ago, each piece containing two opposing emotions, and each drawn to beings that exhibit the strongest of these emotions, allowing them to release these emotions as superhuman powers such as energy blasts, flight and super strength..
    Now, whilst issue 1 is being drawn up and I’m writing issue 2, what I want you to do is come up with your own Solarians. You can go crazy, I don’t care what you do. Any shape, any size, any species, the more inventive the better, you don’t even have to do humanoids. The only things I ask you to include is the Star logo (the same/ proportionally the same size) and the black secondary colour (in the same style, so light 1st colour, pitch black 2nd colour). You must also include the colour associated with the emotion you chose as the main costume colour (although go darker for the negative emotions). Also, it would be preferable not to include backgrounds, although energy effects are quite welcome.

The colours and emotions are as follows: Blue (Courage/ Fear), White (Hope/ Despair), Yellow (Joy/ Grief), Green (Compassion/ Sadism), Pink (Love/ Hatred), Purple (Trust/ Distrust), Silver (Conviction/ Doubt), Red (Serenity/ Rage), Orange (Humility/ Pride), Black (Generosity/ Greed)

You can enter as many times as you want.
    At the end of the contest I will announce my favourites for each colour and these will then be used as the statues of Legendary Solarians in the Solarian base crypt in issue 3 of my comic. I will also announce my overall favourite, the design of which will become one of the main Solarian team in the comic as of that character’s debut issue (either 2 or 3).

I look forward to seeing your designs and remember, be as creative as you can.

Scatman

wow!how interesting are those comparisons?!!wonderful work by all!!

Blue Blazer
    Participant

Orange Solarian: Vova Vevu (VOH-vah VAY-voo)

I imagine this handsome fella as a former gladiator champion from his home world. He was undefeated for years and years, which gave him a serious complex, until he pretty much had his head handed to him by some opponent who was way better to him. Or, alternatively, that is was discovered that he had been cheating somehow. He was seriously put out of commission and/or shunned from the coliseum, the only life he’d ever known. He was forced to restructure his entire way of thinking from the ground up. This is why he has experienced the extreme of humility, from which he draws his power.

http://www.heromachine.com/wp-content/legacy/forum-image-uploads/blue-blazer/2012/12/orange-solarian.PNG

livewyre1014
    Participant

How about this guy? I didn’t write a backstory because I figured it’s your comic, your call…but if you would like me to hammer one out I will be happy to do so. I call him K’link D’lack.

yellow-solarian.PNG

JR19759
    Keymaster

@livewyre1014 said:

How about this guy? I didn’t write a backstory because I figured it’s your comic, your call…but if you would like me to hammer one out I will be happy to do so. I call him K’link D’lack.

A backstory isn’t essential, but it serves as good inspiration. I mean, reading through your thoughts on the character does make it easier to visualise where I could take their story. Just take Blue Blazer’s for example, I could definitely come up with a storyline based on that.

One quick thing, the Solarians only get their power from one of the two emotions associated with their colour (reading through Blue Blazer’s backstory, I din’t know if I made this clear enough in the challenge description).

Blue Blazer
    Participant

Ahhh, I’ve got it now.

JR19759
    Keymaster

Good. Looking forward to seeing more.

Scatman

ION(red solarian)
    scatman-IONredsolarian-1.PNG

Stax – Red(rage) Solarian

JR-RedSolarianStax-1.png

NHA247
    Participant

Here’s what I was working on the past few days.

I went with Red Rage as well.

I call him RAM, he is a race brutes that are nearly unstoppable when enraged. His ability is enhanced strength when angered, his skin glows red and his muscle strength raises immensely!

RAM!

RAM.png

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 215 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.