JR19759’s Redesign Contest

Home Forums Art Contests & Challenges JR19759’s Redesign Contest

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 215 total)
  • Author

The Atomic Punk
    Participant

@headlessgeneral said:

Ok, here’s my take on Queen Eagle. I also plan to do Gold Hawk as I had a lot of fun doing this. Hope you enjoy.

Queen Eaglehttp://www.heromachine.com/wp-content/legacy/forum-image-uploads/headlessgeneral/2012/10/JR-Queen-Eagle.png

Awesome! I love how you incorporated the wings into her gloves.

Suleman
    Participant

http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk15/Sulemania/Heromachine/QueenEagle2.png

My Queen Eagle. No big inspiration this time, but I guess a vanilla design is okay sometimes.

JR19759
    Keymaster

Ok people. The contest is closing in around 24 hours time, so if you want to enter or enter another entry, you have a day left to do it. Make ’em good.

@The Atomic Punk said:

@headlessgeneral said:

Ok, here’s my take on Queen Eagle. I also plan to do Gold Hawk as I had a lot of fun doing this. Hope you enjoy.

Queen Eaglehttp://www.heromachine.com/wp-content/legacy/forum-image-uploads/headlessgeneral/2012/10/JR-Queen-Eagle.png

Awesome! I love how you incorporated the wings into her gloves.

Thanks, Atomic Punk Smile

And I finally had a chance to finish up Gold Hawk. So here he is(along with Queen Eagle, again, so you can see them together.)

JR-Gold-Hawk.pngJR-Queen-Eagle-1.png

JR19759
    Keymaster

Ok, this weeks contest is now closed. And I don’t envy Jeff now doing the big contests. Judging this is very hard. But I’ve decided that this weeks winner is headlessgeneral. I loved both of his redesigns, but I have to single out his Queen Eagle, the only entry that made me seriously reconsider redesigning my own character in the same way. I also have to give shout outs to Livewyre1014 and djuby.

Anyway, on to our next contest. Redesign either (or both) of these guys.

Arya
    http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2012/205/2/a/arya__coloured__by_jr19759-d58fr41.png

Damien Newark
    http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2012/264/9/8/damien_newark_by_jr19759-d5ffaa7.png

Arya- A god-like being born from the heart of a star. He has a weakness to the darkness, so he creates his own light from a biological generator on his back. He wields a burning sword that has the power to destroy planets.

Damien Newark: An explorer, historian and the most respected expert in mythology and demonology in the early 16th century, Damien Newark was part of a team who set out to discover an ancient treasure hidden in a temple in the holy land, the original Akashic Records. However, when they found it, they exposed themselves to a terrible danger, as the temple was guarded by a demon known as Zarathos. Unaware of the demon, the team set up camp outside the temple. Only Damien would wake up. Discovering his team-mates slaughtered and blood on his hands, he fled the area, but death followed him were-ever he went. A few days later he discovered he was beginning to transform. Zarathos had bonded with Damien’s soul and had started to take over his body. Distancing himself from society, Damien started to search for a way to remove the demon from his body.

No major rules, like last time, just keep with the idea of the character. You have a week. Good Luck.

JR19759
    Keymaster

Ok then, as no-one has entered into this weeks contest I’m closing it. Do you guys want me to do another one with different characters? If I don’t get any replies within the next 3 days, I won’t run the contest again.

Vampyrist
    Participant

I think you should run another contest, I was just too busy this past week to create much of anything and on another note, Damien was perfect before hand, I especially liked his transformed mask.

JR19759
    Keymaster

One problem I’ve got is that I can’t decide what two to put up to be redesigned. If you want you can go to my deviantart page and have a nose around, see what ones you think I should put up for redesigning, then post your suggestions on here.
    http://jr19759.deviantart.com/gallery/
    Of course I’m not expecting any replies here, but I’m going have this like a contest, I’ll chosen my favourite suggestions on Thursday for next weeks contest.

JR19759
    Keymaster

Ok, I’ve decided what to put up as this weeks contest (which I am now running from Monday to Monday, so you still get a week). I was going back through my older stuff and I came across some of my Golden Age designs, so your challenge is to redesign them.

http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2012/309/d/5/golden_age_style_by_jr19759-d5bk89c.png

You can do them in a Golden, Silver or Modern Age style, but you must keep the powers and colour schemes the same. I don’t mind how many times you enter or if you do group/action shots, just make them good.

Profiles:
    Dr. Dome: A mad scientist who created a disintegrator gun that reduces anything it is aimed at to dust.

Miss Liberty: The widow of a soldier killed in Italy during the allied invasion, Elizabeth Walters donned a mystical cape, given to her by a sorcerer, and became Miss Liberty, the high flying beacon of hope for all those women who had lost loved ones during the conflict.

Flying Ace: A former R.A.F fighter pilot who was experimented on by the Nazis following a crash behind enemy lines. When he escaped his captors he discovered that their experiments had made him virtually immortal and super strong.

Gold Cross: An alien being from another dimension, who came through a tear in space and became trapped on our world. He can fly and shoot lasers from his eyes.

The Bolt: After an experimental weapon he was working on was destroyed by enemy spies, with him caught in the blast, U.S Army scientist Matt Majors discovered the explosion had given him the ability to control electricity and fly.

The American: An ex-soldier whose back was injured in World War 1, meaning he could no longer walk. However he took part in an experiment that gave him the use of his legs back, as well as making him super strong and practically invincible.

Aquaran: A half-human, half-merman, raised on the surface. He can breath underwater and, whilst he is in contact with a liquid, he has super strength. He can also control free flowing water (rivers, waves etc).

The Evil Intelligence: After being exposed to the energy from a crashed alien spacecraft, Walter Madison found his mind had mutated, leaving him with superhuman intelligence. However, the mutation had left him without morals, so he decided to put his new found brains to criminal use.

Blue Blazer
    Participant

Here’s my version of Dr. Dome. Not a far cry from the original, which is already pretty awesome.

dr.-dome.PNG

Blue Blazer
    Participant

Miss Liberty

miss-liberty.PNG

Blue Blazer
    Participant

Flying Ace – stuck with the old school flight wear
    flying-ace.PNG

Blue Blazer
    Participant

Gold Cross – figured I’d go a little more alien with his appearance

gold-cross.PNG

JR19759
    Keymaster

I love these BB. I will say, at the moment, I think you’re winning Wink

livewyre1014
    Participant

I am working on a piece or two for this…but BB is killin it!!! awesome designs!!!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 215 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.