JR19759’s Redesign Contest

Home Forums Art Contests & Challenges JR19759’s Redesign Contest

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 215 total)
  • Author

JR19759
    Keymaster

Yep, I’m really creative with names.
    Inspired by a) Blue Blazer’s Operation: Do My Dirty Work and b) Harlequin’s redesign of two of my characters I’m going to try my luck at starting a redesign contest, although I highly doubt anyone will participate. Idea is basically the same as every other redesign contest on here but with a slight twist, I’ll be putting up two or giving a theme (designing a new member of one of my teams for example) and you guys can choose which to do or do both if you so please.
    So with that in mind here’s the first pairing- Queen Eagle And Gold Hawk
    http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2012/241/c/c/queen_eagle_and_gold_hawk_by_jr19759-d5cuc70.png

Profile: Twins, born to a mortal woman and the dying spirit of an ancient god, Leigh and Lance Walker were given mystical powers by their father in the hope that they would grow up to revive him. However, they grew up unaware of their origin and instead used their powers to fight crime. Both have the ability to fly, as well as super-strength and a telepathic bond that makes them an unbeatable team when they work together.

Ok, I’ll give it go.

livewyre1014
    Participant

Here’s Gold Hawk…I’ll try my hand at Queen Eagle tomorrow if I gets a chance.

Gold-Hawk.png

Ok, here’s my take on Queen Eagle. I also plan to do Gold Hawk as I had a lot of fun doing this. Hope you enjoy.

Queen EagleJR-Queen-Eagle.png

Vampyrist
    Participant

Here’s my take on Queen Eagle. It isn’t much of a change, but more of a simplification of her costume.

JR-Queen-Eagle.png

Blue Blazer
    Participant

Queen Eaglequeen-eagle.PNG

JR19759
    Keymaster

All looking good so far. The contest closes next Thursday so you can enter as many times as you want during the week. Livewyre and Headlessgeneral, I’m looking forward to seeing what you do with the other character.

djuby
    Participant

Cool characters!
    djuby-queeneagle.JPG

Scatman

wow nice job on everyones part!

JR19759
    Keymaster

Scatman are you planning to enter? I’d would love to see what you would do with them, considering how awesome you gallery is.

livewyre1014
    Participant

Alright, I did Queen Eagle too. Not sure why these characters screamed Silver Age to me, but I gave them both a pretty retro, Silver age look. Hope you like em’.

queen-eagle.pngGold-Hawk-1.png

JR19759
    Keymaster

Yeah, they were both designed to be very Silver Age. I’m not going to comment on any specific participants designs before I announce the winner, but I love the belt you’ve given Queen Eagle.

Suleman
    Participant

I’m going to enter this for the Gold Hawk contest, even though it’s not quite the same character anymore. I got inspired and things sort of got out of hand!

http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk15/Sulemania/Heromachine/AmericanEaglefull8.png

I’ll go for Queen Eagle as well, if I only have the time. Since the deadline is on Thursday, I should be fine.

JR19759
    Keymaster

@Suleman said:

I’m going to enter this for the Gold Hawk contest, even though it’s not quite the same character anymore. I got inspired and things sort of got out of hand!

I’ll go for Queen Eagle as well, if I only have the time. Since the deadline is on Thursday, I should be fine.

It is a redesign contest, it doesn’t have to be the same design, just as long as the character is recognisable, which I would say it is. I’m looking forward to seeing your take on Queen Eagle.

NHA247
    Participant

Here is my shot at Gold Hawk.

Gold-Hawk-Redesign-JR9759.png

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 215 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.