Anarchangel’s Archive

Home Forums The HeroMachine Art Gallery Anarchangel’s Archive

Viewing 15 posts - 541 through 555 (of 1,638 total)
  • Author

RobM
    Participant

Damsel is all around great, but my favorite part is her holding her own logo.

Stulte
    Participant

Cool! I like the shading on his chest. Simple but effective.

Nug
    Participant

I agree with RobM. That’s pretty epic, bro!

Anarchangel
    Participant

Thanks guys.

Anarchangel
    Participant

Also, sorry for the lack of updates. I’ve been real busy lately and in the free time I do have for heromachine, I’ve been focussing on trying to get a new pose for Prowler to work…..Having little success so far.

Anarchangel
    Participant

Music is my biggest inspiration when it comes to creating characters. The Widow was almost completely inspired by Natalia Kills songs. So imagine my delight when I saw that this weeks competition was ‘Inspired by music’. I think I may actually have won the first Music contest last year with my character Rhapsody (although I’m not 100% on that one) so here’s hoping I can replicate that success this time around.

I’ve gone for a rather literal interpretation of Lykke Li’s “Love Me Like I’m Not Made Of Stone”.

Some of you may remember that a while back I posted a character named Loadstone. He was awful. I’ve been meaning to redo him for a looooooong time. This song finally gave me the inspiration to do just that. So even if I don’t win the contest, at least I managed to fix Loadstone’s ugly mug……by horribly mutating him.

So there’s that. http://www.heromachine.com/wp-includes/images/smilies/icon_smile.gif

http://www.heromachine.com/wp-content/legacy/forum-image-uploads/anarchangel/2014/06/Anarchangel-Loadstone.png

Legatus
    Participant

Loadstone is cool! Good luck for winning the contest.

Anarchangel
    Participant

Thanks Legatus. That dude badly needed a makeover.

Hammerknight
    Participant

Rock on. Cool character.Cool

Anarchangel
    Participant

Thanks HK. :)

Anarchangel
    Participant

The first character I ever posted on the (old) Heromachine forums was a young lady named Poison. The first character I ever created with Heromachine was Terra. This was years ago when I was but a teenager but she has managed to remain one of my favourites.

Terra was an “avatar of Earth”. One of a few humans given power over elements of nature in order to protect the planet. If you remember the original character then you may also remember that she was very storm themed, using lightning bolts etc. I decided to transplant her into this new universe I’m populating with my characters and thought I’d take the time to reinvent her in a way that better represents an “avatar of Earth”. And so this is the result.

http://www.heromachine.com/wp-content/legacy/forum-image-uploads/anarchangel/2014/06/Terra.png

Anarchangel
    Participant

There’s also a complicated story that goes with Terra and explains her transformation from Storm warrior to plant princess that involves being manipulated by invading aliens and one of her closest friends shooting her in the head but that would take forever to type, so screw it.

Jeimuzu
    Participant

Terra is lovely. I love her wispy scarf and her leaf-like skirt and the dirt on her feet is a really nice touch.

Anarchangel
    Participant

@Jeimuzu said:

Terra is lovely. I love her wispy scarf and her leaf-like skirt and the dirt on her feet is a really nice touch.

Thanks. This one turned out pretty much exactly as I had pictured her in my mind…Well, except for the face. She kind of looks like a pixie or something.

Vampyrist
    Participant

Terra is great and that complicated story is fantastic, its so comic booky.

Viewing 15 posts - 541 through 555 (of 1,638 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.