Camruth’s Alterniverse

Home Forums The HeroMachine Art Gallery Camruth’s Alterniverse

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 161 total)
  • Author

JR19759
    Keymaster

Suleman
    Participant

I would say 3 as well. However, I think 2 could be better than 3 if the mask had more detail or was of a different color.

Also, what is his powerset? The design should fit what the character does.

Camruth
    Participant

People believe Jotun has the Growth power as he has been seen to grow up to 40 feet tall.

In reality he is a giant who has shrinking powers who normally only shrinks to his believed size of 7 feet 2 inches. 3 is basically his original costume but I felt it was too similar to Titan from the Indy comic Justice Machine. The blue represents his ability to literally reach for the sky, and I came up with the brown version as a variation on his origin where his power comes from the Earth, like an elemental or something.

Yellow arrow/triangle insignia is a stylised mountain.

Camruth
    Participant

I finally got around to adding the head unit to the Iron Skull’s first two variant bodies – shooter and strong – and made a few slight updates to them with new bits. The different colours were so I didn’t get them mixed up and the Skull may not actually colour code his bodies (as it may give away the tactics he is using at that time).

The Ion Cannon that is seemingly ‘built-in’ to the right arm of the shooter body can be ejected if required and may also be detonated as a small, makeshift Ionic Bomb either by timer or remote.

The strong body was developed to oppose heroes with high strength or powerful attacks but it is slower and more cumbersome than other bodies due to the increased weight and density.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Camruth
    Participant

Another new character for tonight. This is based on my Villain character from DCUO, I haven’t tried to machine him before now because I didn’t think I could get anywhere near close but I have done my best.

QUICKFIRE possesses super speed but lacks any form of protection from the friction generated moving at such high speeds and cannot breathe properly at speed. The suit that has been developed for him corrects these problems. The helmet processes air allowing Quickfire to breathe at any speed, and also provides him with a sophisticated HUD system for tracking, the suit is a microfibre weave that absorbs the friction energy he generates when moving at speed and converts it to energy to both run the suit and power the blast gauntlets which are a recent addition to his arsenal.

I have included a screenshot of the character for comparison.

Attachments:

Camruth
    Participant

Here is the most recently encountered alien race of the Alterniverse, the Ak’vir. A peaceful race, they dispatch a Diplomat and his/her retinue to each new civilisation they encounter. The Ak’vir offer advanced technologies and insinuate themselves into the culture of the planet skillfully subverting it until the natives themselves think that joining the Ak’vir empire was their own idea and in their best interests.

Attachments:

Suleman
    Participant

The Ak’vir design is pretty fun, very Star Trek. I’m guessing their planet is pretty warm, considering how little that diplomat’s outfit covers?

Camruth
    Participant

Yeah its a hot world, their head tubes are the ‘exhausts’ of a complicated cooling system that keeps their body temperatures regulated. Although they are not truly cold blooded, extreme cold render them somewhat sluggish as their internal system is only designed to coll, not heat. Any Ak’vir settlements on a cold/ice world look like gigantic greenhouses from a distance, filled with a steamy sub-tropical environment.

The diplomat is quite overdressed for an Ak’viran, who usually favour light, sleeveless tunics and sandals/light boots.

Also, note that the Ak’vir female has a much higher brow than the male,this is due to female Ak’vir being much less stocky than males and their possession of an enlarged frontal lobe. It is speculated (and alluded to in legends) that at one point female Ak’vir possessed extraordinary psychic abilities which they have long since lost.

Camruth
    Participant

Presenting the latest member of the League of Villainy – Killer Bee !

A hired killer with a preference for making his kills look like bee stings, Killer Bee was approached by an agent of the Overlord offering him money, power, and a special suit to make him even deadlier. Accepting, the Assassin found the life of a costumed villain to his liking and has been an on-again, off-again member of the League of Villainy ever since.

The costume allows Killer Bee to fly, shrink to the size of a bee, and fire ‘venom bolts’ of bio-electrical energy. The shoulder spikes can inject victims with an extract of bee venom concentrated to be many times more potent. Each holds enough venom for up to 3 ‘stings’

Added a modified version with boots and extended cowl/neck section.

Attachments:

Camruth
    Participant

I was never happy with my original version of the Overlord so I have modified it a fair bit and have, for no, changed from blue to grey.

Attachments:

Camruth
    Participant

During WWII, Professor Irwin T Schneider was able to examine the wings of U.S.Eagle and Kittyhawk on behalf of the US Military. From the notes he took, he set to work trying to replicate the devices with little success. With the end of the war the project was shelved by the military due to its high cost to low result ratio. Professor Schneider managed to smuggle a copy of his notes and an early prototype out of the project before it was shut down and continued to work on the device. By late 1949 he had developed a working set of wings – albeit much inferior to those they were based on which he offered to the military. As Kittyhawk had recently come out of retirement and rejoined the Guardians of Democracy as Ladyhawk, and due to the inferior speed, maneuverability, and range of the professor’s wings he was turned down.

Unfortunately, Soviet agents seeking methods of enhancing their own Ultras heard of the wings and sought the professor out. the patriotic professor refused to help the agent that confronted him and was warned that the consequences would be dire. Faring reprisals the professor created a mockup set of non-functional wings and secretly sent the true wings to his nephew James Jones, an amateur pilot and college student with a note to protect the wings at all costs, outlining his fears that the soviets would try to steal them.

When the soviet agent returned with backup, the professor attempted to destroy the fake wings. The soviets shot him, took the fake wings and rigged the lab to explode – seemingly one of the professor’s experiments gone awry. When James learned of his uncle’s untimely demise he knew what had really happened and determined to avenge his uncle. Creating a costume, James donned the wings vowing to avenge his uncle. Thus Patriot Hawk, scourge of the skies was born.

Patriot Hawk mostly operated in and around Washington DC and was never as well known as the members of the Guardians of Democracy. He primarily used twin Colt 1911A automatic pistols as weapons but was also known to use knives and even a baseball bat to dispatch his enemies. Unlike most heroes he was willing to kill if it the situation required it.

Attachments:

Camruth
    Participant

In response to the Patriotic heroes popping up elsewhere, the Soviet Union created their first ultra (specifically in response to American Shield) whom they officially named the Shield of the Soviet People but who was dubbed Red Shield by the rest of the world. Officially the Red Shield was one Major Boris Ivanovich Lensky, but in reality the role was played by a succession of men. Possessing no powers and carrying an ordinary steel shield, the Red Shield seemingly could survive anything – though in reality there were always a dozen or so Red Shields active at any given time. Major Lensky was real but was kept safe in Moscow for propaganda purposes.

Attachments:

Lordgrimm01
    Participant

I like the darker one of Redback

Camruth
    Participant

As Ulysses Steele, the original American Shield was originally a shipyard worker and affiliated with a workers union, he came under suspicion of being a red sympathiser. As a result he was forced to give up his costumed identity and membership on the Guardians team (Newly rechristened the Guardians of Democracy). When he left his shield disappeared (he was always the prime suspect) but the persona of the American Shield was continued by the US Government. His replacement was given a new shield of a titanium steel alloy along with a new costume and position with the Guardians.

American Shield II in regular uniform

American Shield with Cold Weather Jacket

Attachments:

Camruth
    Participant

Following an incident at a secret research installation somewhere in Siberia that left Vikhor Antonov Yefimavich, one of the test subjects (and a convicted killer) transformed into a man of Ice. Vikhor soon found himself pressed into service as a member of Red Oktober where his sociopathic tendencies could be focused on enemies of the state.

Vikhor wears special gloves and boots that insulate against his icy touch as otherwise he would freeze whatever he stood on or held. Vikhor fights with two sickles made of intensely cold and dense ice that he can create with his powers (oddly, he cannot create any other form of items or icy blasts).

Attachments:
Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 161 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.