Camruth’s Alterniverse

Home Forums The HeroMachine Art Gallery Camruth’s Alterniverse

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 161 total)
  • Author

Camruth
    Participant

This is a preliminary version of my new character Marathon.

MARATHON the Indefatigable Man

Aristedes ‘Ari’ Dedousis grew up a typical boy of greek ancestry. He was always physically active, excelling at various sports. His coaches described his as being inexhaustible, excelling at cross-country and marathon races as well as the various martial arts including wrestling, kickboxing and jujitsu. By the time he was in college, his seemingly inhuman endurance began to spark rumours of performance enhancing substances and he found himself under a growing cloud of suspicion. Testsย  returned inconclusive which only reinforced the suspicions. By his Sophomore year he was being shunned by both the athletic community and the MMA scouts who had shown interest. Anxious to dispel the rumours, he volunteered for a study of human physiology being conducted at the University.

The results of exhaustive, cutting-edge testing revealed that Ari was actually a mutant. His seemingly inexhaustible stamina was due to his mutation, his body doesn’t produce the regular fatigue poisons that occur in the human body due to continued activity. As a result he never tires and could theoretically continue to perform any action indefinitely.

Outed as a mutant, Ari was expelled and all of his awards, medals and trophies were stripped from him. Seeking a new life, Ari moved to New York (I’m using new york as a default until I come up with my ‘own’ city setting) where, inspired by the many superhumans operating there he devised the persona of Marathon. Ari continues to study new fighting styles and is a formidable opponent in hand-to-hand combat, able to outlast any opponent.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Camruth
    Participant

Very Very Preliminary Work.

PURPLE HEART – ex US Military and recipient of said medal who gained some form of power on his last tour of duty and has decided to use it for good whilst paying homage to his background / origin. Two base versions, military green with purple and gold or the alternate with purple and gold insignia but purple and white gear referencing the medal’s ribbon.

Would really love to see someone do something brilliant with this either as own take or as art trade as I am stumped for ideas right now.

Attachments:

Camruth
    Participant

Had an Inspiration for PURPLE HEART reimagined as a no-nonsense street vigilante along the lines of the Punisher and this was the result:

Attachments:

Camruth
    Participant

Machined up two more of Michael dean’s Open Source characters from his now apparently defunct Outworlder Webcomic. One Hero and One Villain, former FBI partners with a longstanding grudge now required to work together again – the one-armed vigilante Jackpott and the cybernetically enhanced villain Cyber-Knight.

I have one more main character from this ‘universe’ to go, the Native American hero Battle-Cry.

Attachments:

Camruth
    Participant

The final of the major five Michael dean created Open Source characters from his Outworlder web comic, the Native American mutant BATTLE-CRY.

Attachments:

Mad Jack
    Participant

Would really love to see someone do something brilliant with this either as own take or as art trade as I am stumped for ideas right now.

Here you go – hope I didn’t took too many liberties with the redesign … ๐Ÿ˜‰

Purple Heart

I think he could use some buddies. How about “Silver Star”, “Bronze Star”, and “Flying Cross”? And their arch-nemesis would of course be a time-displaced Nazi called “Iron Cross”. As for a team name – how does “Superior Unit” sound? ๐Ÿ™‚

PS: If you want to have the saved text to see how it was done, just say the word …

Camruth
    Participant

oh WOW

that is truly awesome let me know what character of yours I can do a poor job with – lol

saved txt would be awesome.

Iron Cross and his partner Blue Max.

Camruth
    Participant

Another Public Domain Golden Age character, this time a villain.

the RED LASH in both his original GA appearance andย  my modern reinterpretation of the character. I kept the green pants but added more red in to reinforce the villain’s name.

The original had regular whips grafted where his hands once were. My reinterpretation has cybernetic arms with retractable energised steel cables/whips (much like the Marvel villain Constrictor). The red in the whips is the energy conduit that runs down the center of the cables.

I really have to work on making my metallic items look more realistic rather than just grey.

Attachments:

Mad Jack
    Participant

oh WOW that is truly awesome let me know what character of yours I can do a poor job with โ€“ lol saved txt would be awesome.

No need to retaliate reciprocate – I had fun doing it, that’s all that matters. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Do you have an e-mail where I can send the txt to?

Rajah Raja
    Participant

I really like your characters! They’re all very well thought out. Can I ask what program you made the screenshot of Quickfire in?

Camruth
    Participant

The screenshot of Quickfire is from the DCUO online game.

Camruth
    Participant

This is an update of an already created character of mine – Kid Atomic. He would grow up and eventually take his father’s place with the guardians, taking up the moniker of Captain Atomic. He still possessed only his Atomic Punch, strength and Invulnerability but used gadgets to replicate his father’s flight and blast powers. He kept the reversed colours to the original Captain Atomic that he wore as Kid Atomic but altered his costume to othwerwise be identical to his father’s.

Attachments:

Camruth
    Participant

One of the major events to occur in the CCU was the event that came to be called GODSEND. During this event the various pantheons of gods came under attack from an unknown source. Some gods were killed, others stripped of their divinity, rendered mortal, and cast from the heavens, and some simply vanished.

An unprecedented council was called with the heads of ten pantheons (Greek/Roman, Norse, Slavic, Hindu, Japanese, African, Egyptian, Inuit, Aztec/Mayan/Incan, and Native American) attending. The council sought to discover the source of the attacks which proved to be an agent of Entropy and Oblivion named the Devourer. Determining that the beast could not be stopped, the council devised an escape plan. Each pantheon would retreat from the mortal realm severing all contact in order to hide from the beast.

Not wanting to be forgotten, individual gods were permitted to choose one of three options:

1. Renounce their divinity, be rendered mortal and remain on earth (though they would retain a fraction of their godly powers).
    2. Empower a mortal champion to be their representative (this champion could manifest the physical likeness of the god as well as a portion of their power). OR
    3. Empower an object with a portion of their power to serve as a relic granting access to the power to its wielder.

Some chose to stay and fight, others to withdraw. The death gods of several pantheons came up with a plan to imbue a champion with their total combined might, giving birth to the being that would come to be called Thanatos. Whilst the nascent Thanatos played a large role in the eventual defeat of the Devourer, he would go on to become one of the greatest threats to the world, requiring teams of heroes to defeat.

One intrepid reporter overheard a conversation between the Guardians of Justice and several gods who had remained to fight and when one god stated that this was the ‘End of the Gods” he had the perfect title for his story GODS’ END which would be corrupted to GODSEND due to a typesetting error. The name stuck and from the ashes of destruction a new wave of superhumans emerged, all empowered in some way by the departed gods.

Attachments:

Camruth
    Participant

a very preliminary idea for the Cornerstone Comics Logo

Attachments:

Camruth
    Participant

Just noticed that the right arm was way out of position with relation to the rest of the shoulder/collarbone so did a quick fix.

Attachments:
Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 161 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.