Weilyn’s Characters

Home Forums The HeroMachine Art Gallery Weilyn’s Characters

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 379 total)
  • Author

Grail

This is terrific!

The Atomic Punk
    Participant

Very surreal!

Seraph

That’s a pretty great entry for the abstract challenge!

Weilyn

Thank you all so very much! You guys are awesome!

Here are a few recent challenge entries.

For JR19759’s Redesign Contest

Cat-Girl

http://www.heromachine.com/wp-content/legacy/forum-image-uploads/weilyn/2012/11/Cat-Girl-1.PNG

Scarlet

http://www.heromachine.com/wp-content/legacy/forum-image-uploads/weilyn/2012/11/Scarlet-1.PNG

Stranger

http://www.heromachine.com/wp-content/legacy/forum-image-uploads/weilyn/2012/11/Stranger-1.PNG

And for dblade’s Villainy and Valor Creation Contest #1.

Neurotica

Neurotica-2.PNG

Herr D
    Participant

Clearly for you, Neurotica wears a Dull Metal Jacket over a Motley Few, being Bad Company, casting a Great Light, inciting a Diet Riot, worthy of a Kiss by Somebody’s Fool. All while performing on Streets of Fire. And the reason for her ‘issues?’ Heavy Metal poisoning.

Seriously though, love the color scheme. What kind of prize would you ask for if you win?

Weilyn

Thanks, man! I usually work with more muted colours, so this was a really fun project.
    I’d probably ask for some kind of article of 18th century clothing. Haven’t really thought about it, though. Don’t figure my chances of winning are that high in the company of such awesome artists.

Weilyn

Through rocky dales and brumous veils
    A thousand-spired fort
    Where one can chance the maddening dance
    Of the Elf-Queen and her court

– Epistle of Fredman No: 83 by Carl Michael Bellman

http://www.heromachine.com/wp-content/legacy/forum-image-uploads/weilyn/2012/11/lvhem-1.PNG

Stories of Älvhem, the ancient city of the elves, hidden from the eyes of men by mountains and mists, have been spread through Scandinavia since at least the 7th century AD. No evidence of the existence of such a city has been found, but Swedish mountaineer Algot Larsson claimed to have come upon it while climbing the Scandes of Norwegian Oppland. The picture above is based on his descriptions.

Dionne Jinn

Ooo! That elven city is gorgeous! I want to go there. (Packs her bag and runs out…)

Herr D
    Participant

Yah–I looked for a flight on a vehicle to be shown soon on my thread, but they don’t charter to specific locations unless something needs to be messed up there for a human.

Weilyn

Oh, trust me, guys, you really don’t want to go there.

Algot Larsson disappeared in July of 1949 while hiking through the Norwegian Scandes, to be discovered seven months later, exhausted and highly disoriented. Only a few days after his re-appearence he was found by his family to have taken a habit of scratching his own skin and scribbling frantically in a strange language. These tendencies eventually led to him being incarcerated into the Psychiatric Ward of Vadstena in January, 1951.
    While Larsson proved unresponsive to both therapy and medication, he would often speak in great length and detail of pearly towers draped in mist, delicate creatures whirling in crazed dances and a beautiful queen atop a throne of silver. He was eager to the point of obsession to go back to Norway, and would get aggressive when denied to do so. His psychiatrist, adhering to freudian teachings, naturally attributed these delusions to a childhood trauma and a latent oedipus complex.
    Larsson inexplicably managed to escape from the ward in 1957, never to be seen again.

http://www.heromachine.com/wp-content/legacy/forum-image-uploads/weilyn/2012/11/Algot-Larsson-1.PNG

Larsson, during one of his saner moments.

The Atomic Punk
    Participant

Great use of items for Älvhem. Nice mist effect. I like that you tried to convey the thousand spires, true to the passage.

Scatman

you must of had a blast with use of items to create the towers for the kingdom!looks great!

Vampyrist
    Participant

Both the city and its visitor are fantastic, they convey a great story.

Dionne Jinn

Those eyes! Those eyes! They are going to haunt me for ever more in my nightmares. Good work on Larsson.

Weilyn

Thank you! Smile

@The Atomic Punk said:
    I like that you tried to convey the thousand spires, true to the passage.

Actually I made that passage up. Bellman was a real 18th century poet, but Epistle No:83 doesn’t exist.

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 379 total)

The topic ‘Weilyn’s Characters’ is closed to new replies.