Weilyn’s Characters

Home Forums The HeroMachine Art Gallery Weilyn’s Characters

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 379 total)
  • Author

Herr D
    Participant

Darkness bullets. Forget Hasbro, Weilyn! You could make millions selling darkness bullets to migraine sufferers. Uh. Good luck on the R & D?

Scatman

absolutley wonderful,And I so relate with my 5 yr old.He made me scroll down telling him everything about each one of your lil brothers characters in complete detail as he totally agreed and understood every aspect.I think they might need a play date!Laugh

Iscarioto
    Participant

ROBOTIC CENTAUR SUPERVILLAIN SPORTING TWO KINDS OF FLAMETHROWERS!!!!!!

Haha! Gold.

Also, Wei, wow, the Scrooge is phenomenal!

Weilyn

Thank you, all! And, Scatman, if the two of you ever visit the frozen north, just let me know http://www.heromachine.com/wp-content/legacy/forum-smileys/sf-wink.gif

I am now working on a new pose for my next picture. I love creating poses, but I’m terrible at it (just like baking, interior designing and drinking), so any pointers would be greatly appreciated.

Basically, this bloke is going to thrust his spear at a low-flying enemy, and it just looks a bit… off, to me. Can’t put my finger on what it is, though.

http://www.heromachine.com/wp-content/legacy/forum-image-uploads/weilyn/2013/01/Stöt.PNG

JR19759
    Keymaster

The right leg doesn’t line up with the foot properly, I’d use the downward angled foot. The right knee is pointing off at an unnatural angle anyway, so you might want to address that first. The head needs to be lowered slightly and the right arm seems slightly too small, maybe use the more muscular bent arm and angle it differently. I’d also use a different left hand, the reverse normal hand. Then use two shortened polls and mask a third on a square over the join, so you can mask one spear to two hands.
    Hope this helps.

Scatman

attention to detail:The head is to big for the build.That will definitley allow you to then correct the other features.If I just didn’t read it on on of the threads I wouldn’t of really noticed.

Hammerknight
    Participant

I’m glad someone readed that post. lol The pose is good, just a little work here and there and it will be great.

Weilyn

Thank you very much for your pointers! Great pieces of advice! I considered them, and the pose looks way better now. Strange how very minor details can elevate the entire look of a design.

Here’s a (very rough) sketch of his antagonist. Her features are supposed to be a bit weird, that’s why I wanted the spearman to look good proportionally, to make her look mer demonic by contrast.

http://www.heromachine.com/wp-content/legacy/forum-image-uploads/weilyn/2013/01/Flygande-skiss.PNG

Now I just need to figure out how to make a screaming face in profile.

Herr D
    Participant

Hey–screaming face in profile, for an unnatural? Easy. Beginning suggestion, Insignia Tech Oval to color section of face to background, Hair FemaleStd first group bottom left item — once for upper lip, flip one for lower lip. Add tusks or items from last group of Hair Std for teeth. Mouth has a serpentine tongue.

The sizing and coloring might be tough to make look right . . .

You may find some items in shoulder right to your preference for lips, etc.

Weilyn

@Herr D said:

Hey–screaming face in profile, for an unnatural? Easy. Beginning suggestion, Insignia Tech Oval to color section of face to background, Hair FemaleStd first group bottom left item — once for upper lip, flip one for lower lip. Add tusks or items from last group of Hair Std for teeth. Mouth has a serpentine tongue.

The sizing and coloring might be tough to make look right . . .

You may find some items in shoulder right to your preference for lips, etc.

Wow! Thanks a lot, I think I’ve got it now! She still needs a bit more work, though.

Weilyn

I’ve been making characters for an alternate history/steampunk setting I’ve been working on for a while. Here’s the big bad. Or the big good, depending on where you stand.

Emperor Gottfried IV of Holstein-Kent: Lord of the Protestant Union, Augustus of Roma Nova, Protector of the Franks, Master of the Western Slavs, King of Hispania, Highest Guardian of Jerusalem, Archduke of Germania, Scourge of the Ottomans and Sole Defender of the True Faith.

http://www.heromachine.com/wp-content/legacy/forum-image-uploads/weilyn/2013/01/Kejsare.PNG

Pictured here at his decisive victory at the Battle before the Walls of Palermo, two months before the final unification of Europa Perfecta; four moths before his death.

He didn’t have a long and prosperous rule huh. Love his look though.

Weilyn

Thanks, Dino! The power vaccum after his death pretty much starts of the plot.

Also, forum weirdness:

Vad-fan.png

Either that or my etherical doppleganger is trying to tell me something. Is it a coincidence that he number of guests is identical to the Answer to the Ultimate Question? I think not.

Herr D
    Participant

You’re simply getting yours. I know that since I constantly have to consume what food packages say feed 2 or more people (and buy them,) and frequently manage to do things I am assured take two to three people at work, that I should AT LEAST GET TWO VOTES IN ELECTIONS.

I don’t even get paid two salaries or get double credit for my hours. –So enjoy whatever recognition you can get, even if it’s just a glitch.

Weilyn

@Herr D said:

You’re simply getting yours. I know that since I constantly have to consume what food packages say feed 2 or more people (and buy them,) and frequently manage to do things I am assured take two to three people at work, that I should AT LEAST GET TWO VOTES IN ELECTIONS.

I don’t even get paid two salaries or get double credit for my hours. –So enjoy whatever recognition you can get, even if it’s just a glitch.

Sounds kinda crappy when you put it like that http://www.heromachine.com/wp-content/legacy/forum-smileys/sf-confused.gif

Oh well, here’s the heir to the Empire:

Gottfried V Adolphus of Holstein-Kent: Second Emperor of Europa Perfecta, two weeks following his coronation.

http://www.heromachine.com/wp-content/legacy/forum-image-uploads/weilyn/2013/01/Andra-kejsaren.PNG

While well-meaning and somewhat competent, the pressure put upon the new Emperor combined with his inferiority complex towards his father, and subsequent use of opium, cause the newly founded Empire to crumble around him.

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 379 total)

The topic ‘Weilyn’s Characters’ is closed to new replies.