Suleman's creations

Home Forums The HeroMachine Art Gallery Suleman's creations

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 388 total)
  • Author

Suleman
    Participant

Okay, I guess I’ll use that as the definitive version, then. Here is a slightly altered version.

Rockstar-posefix.png

BTW, this character is named “Rockstar” Rose Garner. She’s supposed to be a cocky loudmouth who will take on anyone, anytime, for the stupidest reasons.

Suleman
    Participant

I wanted to try out some skin shading. Looking good? Needs more work?
    Rockstar_finalized.png

The shading is barely visible on my screen. I’d go a little brighter/darker.

Suleman
    Participant

How about this, then? I’m completely new to skin shading, basically, so I have no real idea of what I’m doing.
    Rockstar-finalized.png

JR19759
    Keymaster

Not bad, you might want to add shadows though. Try looking at reference pictures of similar poses (or if you can’t find any, try pulling the pose your self in front of a mirror) and look at where the shadows fall, then try and copy that. The standard places are beneath the chin, under the arms and on the inner leg. Also under the fringe and bandana could help as well. But for a first try at shading skin it’s pretty decent, keep it up.

Suleman
    Participant

Hmm, alright. Lessee what I can do.
    Rockstar-finalized-2.png

That’s looking pretty good!

DiCicatriz
    Participant

I like the character! Lots of attitude.

For shading the skin (anything really), you can make your highlights pop a little more by going darker on the actual item you’re masking to.

Vampyrist
    Participant

Cool, she rocks!

Suleman
    Participant

Then for something completely different. Here is a sumo wrestler.
    Sumo.png

I’ll probably tweak this quite a bit and use some shading and accessories, but here’s the base. Is there anything in particular that you think needs changing?

JR19759
    Keymaster

I can’t see anything that needs changing. He looks pretty cool as he is. Love how you made the body.

Suleman
    Participant

Well, if there are no items to add, then the rest is just shading and lighting.
    Sumo-details.png

Suleman
    Participant

So apparently the Sumotori from above decided to abandon his sumo career and become a yakuza gangster. He has a terrible fashion sense.
    Sumo-yakuza-colors.png

Suleman
    Participant

I think I might be getting the hang of using shadows.
    sumo-yakuza-stubble.png

Deadman

Looks like he already screwed up with the Yakuza. Missing two digits on his left hand. Was that because of his lack of fashion sense? I like the shading work and the pose.

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 388 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.