Stulte’s stuff

Home Forums The HeroMachine Art Gallery Stulte’s stuff

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 291 total)
  • Author

Stulte
    Participant

Sorry about the lack of updates. Work has been really stressful lately, and for the last few days I’ve had a fever that could kill Zeus (well, maybe not kill, but certainly inconvenience). Last night I almost cracked a knuckle punching a mirror, believeing my own reflection to be a particularly nasty hallucination.

But, with my head kept upright by an egregious amount of painkillers, antihistamines and some possibly illegal home remedies that granny taught me, I managed to churn out a couple of soldiers to go with the rulers.

Portuguese rifleman.

http://www.heromachine.com/wp-content/legacy/forum-image-uploads/stulte/2014/06/Portuguese-Rifle.PNG

“After the battle for Porto I used to dream of the Portuguese infantry; of how they’d surge forth towards me in wave upon wave, all entirely bereft of fear, all howling with bloodlust. Then I met with their queen during the Treaty of Bilboa. She tried to slice my belly open with a broken bottle, killing two of my bodyguards and paralyzing the third. Since then she has taken the stead of her soldiers in my nightmares.”

Shogunate Guardsman.

http://www.heromachine.com/wp-content/legacy/forum-image-uploads/stulte/2014/06/Japanese-Spear.PNG

“Their plate may not protect them from our rifles, but I suspect we’ll be seeing a fair amount of close-quarter fighting in the morrow, and I wouldn’t count on a bayonette to penetrate their armour. And, more importantly, they scare the men half to death.”

Chinese naphtist.
    http://www.heromachine.com/wp-content/legacy/forum-image-uploads/stulte/2014/06/Chinese-Flame.PNG

“Why is the sea on fire!? How is the sea on fire?”

As always, thanks for watching! I’ll probably shade them sometime soon, but for now I’ll go back to wishing I was in a coma. See you!

Jeimuzu
    Participant

I really like the design for Shogunate Guardsman, you really captured that look/style perfectly and the orange and black look great together.

JR19759
    Keymaster

Sounds like you’ve been having a fun time then. Personally I don’t trust reflections, they’re just evil dopplegangers trying to get through mirrors, so punching them sounds like a good idea ;) Hope you feel better soon dude.
    As for the new art, I like them all, although I do have a particular fondness for people who can set fire to inflammable objects or chemical mixtures, such as water, so the Naphtist gets a thumbs up from me.

Stulte
    Participant

– Jeimuzu
    Thanks a bunch! I’m trying to match the colours and the designs with their rulers, so next up is a deep blue Persian.

– JR19759
    Dude, you can’t say things like that to someone who’s delerious! If my room mate comes back to our flat next week to find that all reflective surfaces have been painted over and/or hammered to crap I’ll blame you!

Joking aside, thanks a lot. I rarely get fevers, but when I do they mess me up like a chainsaw to the brain. Glad you like the Naphtist! I think we all have a tiny inner pyromaniac who gets giddy at the thought of setting fire to things that rightfully we shouldn’t be able to.

By the way, I was thinking of mounting the next soldier on a horse, and I don’t really know how. I’m sure there are good examples of that on the forum, but I can’t seem to find any for inspiration. Anyone know of good mounted poses I could have a look at? Thanks in advance, people!

Herr D
    Participant

Have a look through the Knight contest on the forums? PM the ones who did it there? I can tell you that making a custom mount or masking one under a saddle was easier for me than building the person around the mount. But I didn’t want a Terran creature for a mount–so it might be different for you.

Stulte
    Participant

Thanks, Herr D! I checked it out, and saw some inspiring stuff.

The fever is slightly better now, and I’ve been working on the Persian cataphract for while. Bigger projects tend to bore me after a few hours though, so I’ve taken a break for some more world building. This time: megacorporations.

Irmandade de Posídon (The Poseidon Brotherhood)
    Posidon.PNG
    One Step Ahead

Founded: 1755
    Headquartered: Nova Lisboa
    Corporate status: Public
    Primary businesses: Shipwrighting, transportation, fishing, arms industries, import/export, aircraft industries.

Posidon-Cannon.PNG

Arpão 606 revolving cannon for aerial and naval defense.

Stulte
    Participant
    Daidalos Co.
    Daidalos.png
    Slip Your Bonds and Touch the Face of Heaven

Founded: 1807
    Headquartered: Amsterdam
    Corporate status: Private
    Primary businesses: Aircraft industries, transportation, communications, arms industries, automata (robotics).

Daidalos-Yacht.PNG

Squalus class helioyacht.

Viper
    Participant

DUDE! All of your pictures are amazing lol.

Linea24
    Participant

That helioyacht…Do you have those on mail-order?

Hammerknight
    Participant

Everything is great, good work.

Stulte
    Participant

Thanks, guys! I really appreciate your comments.
    Linea, Which colour would you like Laugh

Another Daidalos product:

Daidalos-Transport.PNG

313 Wyvern heavy military transport under Portuguese colours.

Jeimuzu
    Participant

Daaaaaanng! That’s cool looking!

Nug
    Participant

These are turning out awesome, man! I’ve tried such things before with not much success. You, my friend, are great at it!

djuby
    Participant

Very cool!

CantDraw
    Participant

I really, really like this corporation logo and products you’ve got going. It’s just freakin’ cool.

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 291 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.