Stulte’s stuff

Home Forums The HeroMachine Art Gallery Stulte’s stuff

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 291 total)
  • Author

Stulte
    Participant

Thanks a lot, man! The setting is basically Shadowrun, Arcanum (love that game), Girl Genius and European 17th to early 19th century political shenanigans thrown into a blender. Probably won’t amount to much in the end, but this far it’s been a fun project.
    Never heard of Wolsung to be honest, but it looks pretty rad. Might have to check it out.

And yeah, the arm was shortened due to me miscalculating. Thanks for pointing it out. I made a new version that is less compressed.

Prosthetic-limb-2.PNG

Suleman
    Participant

Ah, I correctly guessed I saw a Girl Genius influence in there as well. Wolsung was just recently translated from the original Polish, so it’s no wonder you haven’t heard about it before. A good friend of mine helped with the translation.

The arm is still a tad short for a male human’s. Here is a basic example using the base items from the program. When relaxed on the side, a man’s arm is longer than the torso and the fingers reach the midddle of the thigh. Try and put a base arm item next to the prosthetic and see how the proportions compare!
    arm-example.png

Stulte
    Participant

Oh, that’s cool! I was supposed to help with the translation of a Swedish game a few years back, but unfortunately the project died before it got off the ground.

I did use the base items to size up the arm, and I think it scales up pretty well.

Prosthetic-limb-3.PNG

For some reason it just looks shorter than it actually is. If that makes sense.

Suleman
    Participant

Oh, okay. How strange! I’m sorry, that was my bad.

Stulte
    Participant

No problem at all! Thanks for taking an interest in the first place Smile

JR19759
    Keymaster

I must say I’m a big fan of this steam punk stuff you’re coming up with at the moment. It reminds me of an old forum member called Weilyn, she did a lot of great stuff like this in a similar style. Shame she isn’t around anymore, but at least you’re making up for it very well. Keep up the good work.

Stulte
    Participant

Thank you.

Linea24
    Participant

I’m not really a steampunk person, but whoa, those are some nice designs!

Stulte
    Participant

Thank you, Linea!

While most augmentations are electromechanical the market for biological enhancements has been steadily rising for the last few decades. Grown in vats from a modified sample of the buyers genetic material, these implants are more expensive than their metal counterparts, but less invasive.

“Katzenaugen” for hightened photosensitivity
    Eyes.PNG

Stulte
    Participant

More examples of biological augmentations. Natural organs in pink, implants in blue.

Reservoir gland connected to the adrenal glands. Stores a large amount of adrenaline that can be released into the bloodstream at will.
    http://www.heromachine.com/wp-content/legacy/forum-image-uploads/stulte/2014/02/Adrenaline-Reservoir.PNG

Implanted gills, allowing for the extraction of oxygen from water as well as air.
    http://www.heromachine.com/wp-content/legacy/forum-image-uploads/stulte/2014/02/Gills.PNG

Herr D
    Participant

As a completely logistical question, doesn’t it make more sense to put climbing spikes in the forearm and winch-spools in the upper chest? Everything else looks right to me. I’ve also been interested in the problem Batman would have, spooling from his utility belt (pulled lumbar muscles.) Spiderman had his body madeover, so no biggie, but for regular human bodies–?

Mad Jack
    Participant

Really nice concepts you have there! If you are in a generous mood you could share them in the Custom Items Archive – I’m sure some users here would be very grateful for that … :D

@Stulte said:
    Prosthetic-limb-3.PNG
    For some reason it just looks shorter than it actually is. If that makes sense.

I think that’s because of the two items I tagged below. They make the arm look shorter – especially the shoulder-item which seems to me as it’d be a tad too large … ;)
    Prosthetic-limb-3.PNG

Stulte
    Participant

– Herr D
    That actaullly makes a lot of sense. Thanks for the idea, I’ll keep it in mind.

– Mad Jack
    Thank you for the input. To be honest that particular arm was only supposed to be a rough sketch, and I never planned to spend as much time on it as I ultimately did, but I appreciate your comments, and will remember them for future prostethics.
    Regarding the Custom Items Archive, were there any particular designs you had in mind? Like I said, most of the stuff I have posted yet are only supposed to be general concepts, but I’d be happy to post the texts regardless.

A key figure from the setting: Robert Maclaighean. Heir to the county of Argyll. Aged 16.
    MaclaigheanA.PNG

Stulte
    Participant
    Guardsman of the Ursine Guard; Scottish watchmen of the Caledonian Electors.
    Ursine.PNG

Mad Jack
    Participant

@Stulte said:
    Regarding the Custom Items Archive, were there any particular designs you had in mind?

Nothing specific. It was just a general idea seeing how much thought you put in there… Smile

Aged 16.

16 and already such a full grown mustache? Is it the Haggis or what do they feed their children?! oO

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 291 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.