Skoul's Mind

Home Forums The HeroMachine Art Gallery Skoul's Mind

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 139 total)
  • Author

Skoul
    Participant

Here is my entry for the CCP, I wasn’t going to upload this until after the poster was finished, but I am proud of it and it seems everyone else is uploading their’s. Now I will stress everything below the neck is artistic licence – I wish I had muscles……Curse this weak human form!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Wolf Master
    Participant

Very nice, especially like that one arm is armoured and the other is less armoured like gladiators.

Skoul
    Participant

My entry into the cyborg CDC.

Attachments:

Anarchangel
    Participant

I love it!

Skoul
    Participant

Experimenting with shading/highlighting.

Origin of CERBERUS #1

Dr Dewbert Lapton, a scientist who worked for A.E.G.I.S studying ‘the Gene’ in animals, specifically reptiles in Dewbert’s case. He had discovered that some of the various adaptations by reptiles were due to then being able to activate the Gene within themselves. Such adaptations included: camouflage, small stick hairs (for climbing walls), regenerative properties and many more. Dewbert believed he had isolated a combination of the various mutatuions of the Gene, his greatest achievement, but he wanted to test it before the great reveal. He was working in the labratory alongside Dr Luna Matthews, an expert geneticist, but they were focusing on different projects. Dewbert always had a soft spot for Luna but felt she would never like his thin nerdy appearance. When going to inject a sample of the serum into a mouse, Dewbert was bumped by Luna and dropped all of the serum. As it fell Dewbert lunged for it, but suddenly it began to float in the air, just off of the ground. Dewbert was stunned, but suddenly the vile began to shake uncontrollably and it exploded just in front of his face, sending shards of glass into Dewbert’s eyes and skin.

When Dewbert woke up he saw Luna staring at him, but he didn’t recognize the scenery, they appeared to be underground but how could that be? Luna explained evrything to Dewbert, and then broke the news to him. He had become lizard-like in appearance and had acquired all of the abilities that he had isolated form the various specimens. He was some sort of lizard man.

Attachments:

Viper
    Participant

Your gallery is great man. You have unique characters, all with good posing!

Skoul
    Participant

Thanks Viper! I try to give them more dynamic poses because I feel it gives them more personality.

Origin of Cerberus #2

Dr Luna Matthews, the head medical examiner at A.E.G.I.S, was in charge of post operation subjects. She mostly dealt with those who had implants to control the activation of the ‘Gene’. Whilst she was checking up on subject 24 she was prepping a needle of ‘Gene’ agent , to test  the subject’s implant, she squirted a tiny amount onto her face, she merely wiped it away as it was only dangerous if it had gotten into her blood, however one drop had landed just shy of her eye and began to absorb into her skin.

Luna made her way back to the laboratory where Dewbert was working. She was analyzing the readouts of subject 24’s tests. After taking some charts from the printer she made her way back to the desk, when she bumped Dewbert. As the vile fell, Luna could not believe what she had done, she closed her eyes and waited for impact. But there was no impact, the vile was floating mid-air, as if something was keeping it there. She smiled, but as she did so everything in the room began to shake and suddenly all the glassware exploded, the mouse cage even flew off the desk and hit Dewbert in the head.

“This is bad” she thought, once she had calmed down. Luna looked to Dewbert, he was beginning to grow in size and was starting to turn green. If they stayed they would both be experimented on, and that was not an option. She had to get him out of there, and she knew she did too. try as she might she could not lift Dewbert, she focused and suddenly he had become much lighter, like gravity was weaker. She was about to open the door when she noticed ‘Elite’ teams heading her way. Thinking fast she increased the weight* of the outer wall and it crumbled, she took Dewbert and ran.

When Dewbert finally came round, she explained everything, how she is able to alter the force of gravity and how he had become lizard like. Fearing they would be labeled as freaks or villains, they decided to form a super hero group which they named after the top secret experiment at A.E.G.I.S, CERBERUS.

*For those of you not familiar with physics, objects have both weight and mass. An object’s mass is measured in kilograms, whereas weight is measured in Newtons as it is the mass multiplied by the ambient force of gravity. I hope that’s not too complex.

Attachments:

Linea24
    Participant

Whoa! Luna looks really cool! I must say, though, that her head looks a little weird with that certain head item.

JR19759
    Keymaster

I have to agree with Linea here. The pose is great, but that head is completely wrong. Try using one of the normal heads, but use it in a different way, rotate it so the chin matches up to where it would naturally be and the mask it to an insignia so you can’t see any overlap that may go above the to of the hair. The add either the female spandex neck or another insignia (depending on preference on how it looks) for the neck. If you sort the head out you’ve got your self a real good one there.

Skoul
    Participant

Thanks  Linea!  Yeah I wasn’t completely happy with her head, I may have to go back and take another stab at it.

ams
    Participant

I think the head is not bad.  I think the face needs to be re positioned to get the effect you are looking for.

Throw the text up and I will give you a hand.

Herr D
    Participant

I thought you did that on purpose. That she was holding her breath and had neck pouches to use as additional cheeks . . .

Skoul
    Participant

Here is my attempt to correct her head. It took a lot of facial reconstruction but I think she turned out alright. Her neck does look a little boxy but it does help to define her face.

AMS, I’ve uploaded the original text if you still want a stab at it, but a delicate stab like with a scalpel.

EDIT: I realise her nose looks a little dark in the first one so I corrected that.

Attachments:

ams
    Participant

I gave it a shot and I just couldn’t get it to look right for me.  With the shape that the head is with the items you want use, I find the chin is at the wrong angle and there is not enough forehead.  I tried something else, but it is not a “scalpel” change.  I won’t post the text unless you want it.  If not, I will delete it.

Thanks for letting me give it a shot.

On a side note, the body pose is awesome and you should post it in the POSE thread.

Cheers!

Skoul
    Participant

Thanks for giving it a shot AMS. I was kinda joking about the “scalpel” change, as opposed to a butcher’s knife, so you can post the text if you like. I am interested to see what you came up with.

As for the pose, I may start a thread when I have a few more poses to upload. I’m just not sure how many of them are good enough, but It does really pay off when you find a good reference picture.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 139 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.