Skoul's Mind

Home Forums The HeroMachine Art Gallery Skoul's Mind

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 139 total)
  • Author

Skoul
    Participant

Thanks Vampyrist! Though I may need to address the shading on the head.

ams
    Participant

Looks like the first pic in a sequence of the character’s metamorphosis into ???

Great job!  Cheers!

Skoul
    Participant

Thanks AMS! I thinking she may be the human embodiment of life, or along those lines.

Anyway, here is Goldstar, with the ability of super speed and flight he is often mistaken for a shooting star in the night sky. He is also able to absorb energy, thanks to his mutated DNA, which allows him to be super fast.

By the way, if anyone wants me to post the text for any of my poses feel free to ask.  I have most of them saved separately, so I won’t need to reverse engineer any of my pictures.

(The quality doesn’t look great in the thumbnail, if you open it it will be sharper)

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Skoul
    Participant

Well after clearing by browser cache to receive MadJack’s gifts I’ve lost all of my saved creations. 🙁

Welp it looks like Imma have to start anew – at least I backed up all my poses and good ones! Almost seems fitting that I’m having to start over at nearly the start of a new year, well here goes nothing!

Nug
    Participant

Aww man… Its happened to the best of us. I think its some kind of sick joke MadJack likes to play on others when he advises such. On a brighter note… You’ll know better next time 😉

At least you had backups… Text saves are always good to have before you update adobe flash, or clear out your cache and cookies.

Gold star looks awesome! Nice job on the head tilt, and his pose is very powerful! Very Nice!

ams
    Participant

Nooooooo!

Welcome to the club of lost saves. Always text save your pics from now on.

Sorry for your loss…..

Mad Jack
    Participant

Sh&%, I’m really sorry that happened to you. That really wasn’t my intention when I recommended to clear your browser cache. But then again, as far as I know this almost only happens if you use Internet Explorer as a browser. There were no such problems reported with firefox and chrome lately. Maybe it’s time to consider switching to a better browser?

And like Nug already said, it’s always better to save your characters externally in text files. It also helps to keep it more overseeable if you have 400+ characters. I for example have always just one character in my list – the one I’m actually working on. (Also I save every few minutes just in case.)

Here’s a quick manual how to save your characters externally:

When using a Windows PC:

1.) Open the Text Editor by clicking Start > Programs > Accessories > Editor
    2.) Open HM3 in your browser and load your character.
    3.) Click save in HM3.
    4.) Choose the tab “Text” and you can see the HM-Code of your character.
    5.) Place your cursor somewhere in the text and press CTRL+A followed by CTRL-C
    6.) Go to your open Editor window and put your HM-Code in it by pressing CTRL+V
    7.) Save the code as a “txt” file somewhere on your computer where you can find it again later. Best if you name the txt file the same as the character, but that’s up to you.
    8.) Done!

When using a Mac:

1.) Open TextEdit in the “Programs” folder or with Launchpad (OS X Lion und Mountain Lion)
    2. – 8.) The same as under Windows…

Again: I’m really sorry to have caused you problems. 🙁

Skoul
    Participant

No worries MadJack, I’ve been backing up te text files scince your previous load of items so I haven’t lost anything good, mostly just old creations that were pretty bad and hadn’t gotten round to deleting anyway.  I use chrome so I guess that makes me the exception that proves the rule! All of my recent creations have been saved externally so I still have everything I’ve uploaded to the forums. I save every few minutes anyway because I’m a little clumsy and sometimes hit the Ads which navigates away from HM and erases all my work. So all in all I was prepared for this and I haven’t lost anything important.

BTW: I had to clear my cache twice to get all of the items in your last bundle so maybe that is what caused the loss?

Anyway don’t worry I don’t blame you, It was a risk I was prepared to take.

Thanks for all the supportive comments guys and have a merry Christmas, happy Hanukkah, good Quanza and good wishes in any other seasonal celebrations may be going on!

Skoul
    Participant

WARNING long post ahead!

Happy New year everyone!

I am posting two characters with interlocking bio’s

At the age of fourteen, James and Robert, twins who were believed to have mild psychic powers were acquired by A.E.G.I.S scientists who wanted to discover the extent of their power. The tests started off very simply with one of them remembering a word or picture and trying to telepathically transmit it to the other, this had about a 50% success rate.  But then the tests got more severe, Robert was inflicted with increasing levels of pain to see if James could feel it – he could not. The tests had a very negative affect on Robert,  he began to develop dark horrible thoughts and started to hear voices telling him  to do terrible things, but throughout the pain he didn’t forget his selfish brother who got no pain inflicted, no bruises, no scars and didn’t even try to help him. James was horrified at what was happening to Robert he tried to help, but could not, although he could not feel Robert’s pain James could feel Robert’s anger and emotional pain – he tried to telepathically talk to Robert but his mind was to clouded with hate and suffering. Eventually Robert fell into a coma and the final stage of the tests began. Both Robert and James were hooked up to a machine that was designed to transfer the powers of one twin into the other, the machine worked but at a cost, Robert did not survive the experiment.

Eight years later and James escaped A.E.G.I.S to join up with a group who were trying to bring them down. The group also dealt with other villains, when A.E.G.I.S’ Elite team didn’t beat them there. One such villain was the ‘Cardiac Killer’, or so he was dubbed,  a masked villain who had two wrist mounted electrified blades which he used to penetrate either side of the heart and cause cardiac arrests. When James now under the name of (coming soon) finally came face to face with the ‘Cardiac Killer’ , he tried to telepathically control him, but he couldn’t control him, his mind was filled with hundreds of voices all saying terrible things, but then James heard something that made him shudder – “Help me James they’re hurting me! Help!” over and over. Could this really be Robert, but Robert was dead – or was he?

Congratulations if you made it this far! I know it’s a long story but I couldn’t  didn’t want to cut it down.

Attachments:

Nug
    Participant

Nice poses you got here, man! I hope you had good holidays!

Skoul
    Participant

Thanks Nug! I had a great holiday, unfortunately now I’m battling a cold – but I won’t let is stop me!

……..

A hint at what is to come?

(On my thread that is! I’m not being philosophical or anything.)

Attachments:

Suleman
    Participant

That pose for James is pretty interesting. Digging it. I do, however, also note how you strategically you obscured that right arm. Clever.

Skoul
    Participant

Thanks Suleman, it did take a few attempts to achieve, though I probably could have done better.

Jace, a sixteen year old, was cycling through the wood at the base of the mountain that overlooked his home city. Since his father had started working on a secret project that he would not tell him about, he had no time for Jace, so he decided to go and practice his archery in the wood.  He proceeded up a rocky path that lead him up the mountain until it abruptly ended at an overlook that gave a great view of the city. Jace drew his bow and unsheathed an arrow, he readied the arrow and aimed at one of the targets, in the trees, that he’d hung earlier. He let go. The arrow whistled through the air and struck the target a few centimeters off center. “Yes” he muttered, he readied another arrow and fired again, “Bullseye!” he shouted. He fired at the targets three more times, each time hitting the center. By this time it was beginning to get dark, Jace readied one final arrow and was ready to fire, when, out of the corner of his eye he saw a figure cloaked all in black with a large walking stick, at least he thought it was a walking stick. Jace instantly and involuntarily swiveled to get a better look, but just as his bow was pointing at the figure he lost his grip and fired the arrow. The arrow hurtled through the sky towards it’s target, Jace’s face paled, the arrow hit the man directly in the head killing him instantly.

Jace hurriedly packed up his bow and cycled as fast as he could to his victim. He had never meant to shoot the man, it was an involuntary reaction, oh how he was in such trouble now. When he finally arrived at the corpse, he pulled back the cloak to reveal a pile of ash and his arrow, Jace could scarcely believe it, where was the body? He sighed, at least no body means no crime , he thought, but he couldn’t shake the feeling that he was being watched. Careful not to show any guilt, in case he was being watched, he went to pick up the walking stick that had been thrown from the body and was now poking out from under a bush. When the tip of Jace’s finger touched the handle, he instantly blacked out.

He woke up, his head aching like nothing he had felt before, he thought this must be how a hangover felt. He started to sit up when he noticed the abundance of skull motifs and other Gothic paraphernalia cluttering the room. Suddenly he felt a chill and went to wrap his arms around himself when he noticed his hands were just bones, no skin, no muscle, nothing. He was scared now, he didn’t know where he was, what he was, or for that matter who he was. In fact he couldn’t remember anything at all.  He looked to the side-table next to the stone bed he had been laying on, there was a book entitled ‘The Reaper’s Manual’, he froze and came to the horrible conclusion  he was dead.

Well I was going to post the picture with this , but there’s more information that relates the the picture and I don’t want to make the post too long. So at some point later this week I will conclude this story.

P.S –  I’m curious if anyone can guess who Jace’s father is?

Anarchangel
    Participant

Oh wow. I really like James’ costume. You’ve got some nice characters here.

Skoul
    Participant

Thanks Anarchangel, I think it would actually be very impractical if it were real.

……………

He opened the book and read the first page.

Welcome Grim Reaper, this manual will guide you through the duties and abilities of a Reaper and help you to understand why you have been chosen.  If you are reading this book then you have either killed the current Reaper or the current Reaper has been killed and you have been chosen as their replacement,  regardless you are now in charge of collecting and delivering departed souls to be judged.

“Judged?” He kept reading, the book went on to explain that he now serves the god of judgment, though no name was given. The book also explained that he was immortal, apart from gods, demi-gods, angels, demons and heroes (those who have been granted powers from gods, demi-gods or demons).  He was especially intrigued at the weapons section that stated: “A Reaper may call upon any of the following weapons in battle: Swords, Scythes, Maces………”,  the list went on to list hundreds of melee and ranged weapons, but he stopped when he saw mention of bow. For some reason he felt especially drawn to the idea of a bow, but he thought he should keep reading. He found out he could call upon the book at any point and that he had some power over the undead, eventually he came across a section on travel between realms, he saw a spell for Earth and decided to try it. In an instant he was transported to Earth, but it seemed very dark. He had appeared in a secluded alleyway near a shopping  mall, he suddenly realized that he would be in big trouble if anyone saw him. He managed to sneak himself into the first empty shop he could find, whilst staying in the shadows, it turned out to be a sports shop, he quickly took a jacket and some trousers and put them on. He then took some shoes and gloves, when he looked in the mirror he thought he looked quite good but realized his head was still showing, he quickly put up his hood and took a bandanna and wrapped it around his face. It was only then that he noticed he had dressed almost completely in  black, but he decided to leave and disappeared into the night.

Well there we go,                                                                                                                                                                                                 All you need to know,                                                                                                                                                                                       But you want a pic,                                                                                                                                                                                             So I’ll make it quick,                                                                                                                                                                                          I would have preferred a more comic Skull,                                                                                                                                           One that looks a little less creepy and evil.

Attachments:
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 139 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.