ONE PART, MANY CHARACTERS contest……

Home Forums Art Contests & Challenges ONE PART, MANY CHARACTERS contest……

Viewing 15 posts - 331 through 345 (of 829 total)
  • Author

Keric
    Participant

I hate that there is only one entry, BUT I love what you have done with the pieces!
    Please select 3!

Keric
    Participant

Herr D, now that the forums are back up,
    Please select your 3!

Herr D
    Participant

hey!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

cliff
    Participant

I’ve never done One Part Many Characters Contest before, so not sure exactly how Out Of The Box you want. I came up with a pic. I liked how the blue jeans became petals opening up and peeling back and making the shape of her face, and the metal studs represent sun rays or a clock face. But I wasn’t sure it was enough, so made it into a peice of art being worked on, by adding paper, desk, hand and brush, which may be the most realistic peice I’ve ever done on HM3. At least it looks it to me. :D.

Attachments:

Herr D
    Participant

Cliff? As sole entrant, you win-pick your 3 and prepare to judge next week.  That is a realistic-looking set-up you have there. The spikes as light rays and jeans as petals were obviously o-o-b enough that no one else tried to beat it. I’m going to go shine a spike in my petal drawer now–time to get dressed.

cliff
    Participant

I would be a lot more honored had someone else entered at least LOL.

But I will force myself to believe that it was just so good that no once else felt like they could compete. Yeah right. That’s it. uh huh.

Well here is the next three pieces to make someone/something out of :

Attachments:

Funkmachine
    Participant

Ok here my entry.

Herr D
    Participant

“Aunt ‘Tilda? What’s this picture?”

“It’s of a miracle, dear. I had what I thought was a horrible day once. I joined a parade for my school.”

“You were in a parade?”

“I did! I was ten years old, and we were trying to raise money through the school for a new dog shelter. I had to wear a hot, scratchy uniform that didn’t fit, I couldn’t walk with the tuba that I wanted to play, the trombone I COULD play fell apart–”

“What did you do?”

“I went to pick up the slide that had fallen and a dog jumped out of this alley and started tearing up my hat! My mother ran up to me, scaring the dog back, picked up my ruined hat and the slide, and said, ‘The show must go on!'”

“What happened then?”

“She put my hat back on and I marched the rest of the way with the band. I couldn’t put the trombone back together. It was bent. I was crying while we stood at the end of the parade with people taking pictures of me in my ruined hat, with my ruined trombone, and I felt just awful.

Then the next day the local newspaper sold five times as many copies as usual. The money was raised for a new dog shelter, our school got new band uniforms, a leash law was passed, I was given a brand new trombone, and three different people I didn’t even know brought brownies by the house for us to eat. I still had to walk in those awful parades, but my cousin, one of the new dogcatchers, was always there at the end of them with a glass of lemonade or hot chocolate waiting for me.”

“And that’s a miracle?”

“I think so, dear.”

*That ‘hat’ is also one of the lighting effects. The bustier makes interesting sunglasses. That nose is eyes and a hair strand, and it’s part of the fluff in the dog’s mouth.

cliff
    Participant

I have a dilemma here.

Judging is supposed to be on Sat.

But last week didn’t get judge till Wed.

So do I judge today, or Wed, or wait till next Sat?

Herr D
    Participant

Sorry man! Rough season for me . . . always give a full week. So, 10/15’s good. You can announce the time cutoff too if you like; I do.

Maaz
    Participant

Okay, tell me I’m not too late.

So, guess who’s back with a handy dandy creation? ME! Here we have the Somewhat Dark Lord, the Killer of Small Worlds, SACARN THE VERY DARK GREY! Conqueror of uninhabited Galaxies, lord over hundreds of stupid Gobliens who have no idea how to aim, Sacarn now stands on the icy ground of Karthur, home world to only a) The furry b) The crazy.
    Now for the items. The shoulder is used as his goatee, masked to his face and arms to give him the “scars” and also as his shadow. The bustier is used as the thin waistcoat-ish spikes on either side of his trousers, and for the helmet (wink, wink). The nose is used for his head, and for the shiny golden badge on his chest.

Attachments:

cliff
    Participant

Last Call.

I will be judging this tomorrow evening so get your entry in before 3:00PM

cliff
    Participant

Kewl that I had three such kewl and interesting entries to pick from.

It wasn’t an eacy choice to be sure.

Each definitely has it strong points.

but I think the winner this time is going to be ….

Herr D

Congratulations.

You get to pick the objects and judge next.

Herr D
    Participant

Thanx, Cliff. Sorry ev1 for the delay. (Rough season) To close Mon 10/27 6pm EST and judged hopefully within 4 hours.

btw, Maaz? Liked your blurb about a Gump-ish Jedi pirate . . .

2nd color green and panel location for clarity.

Attachments:

Maaz
    Participant

Inspired a bit by Funkmachine’s barbarian warrior, here is Gitrana, a somewhat psychotic bountyhunter who only accepts contracts to kill members of her own species for some twisted reason. Here she holds the head of an adolescent noble of her race in order to claim her reward.

As always, I’ve used each part multiple times. The tie, firstly, is warped and colored full black to make the lenses of her shades, which are connected by another neckwear. Then, it’s also masked to her arms as a design. Next the ears. Firstly, used in her mohawk-ish hairstyle. Secondly, two really thin, warped versions of the ears used for the scars on her face. The body is firstly used for the intricate neckpiece, next for the blood splatter on her arm in consequence of the falling gruesome bits.

Attachments:
Viewing 15 posts - 331 through 345 (of 829 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.