ONE PART, MANY CHARACTERS contest……

Home Forums Art Contests & Challenges ONE PART, MANY CHARACTERS contest……

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 829 total)
  • Author

Keric
    Participant

As judge I choose
    Part 1 found in Items Right Energy
    Part 2 found in Tops Female Spandex
    Part 3 found in Shoulder Right Standard
    http://i1162.photobucket.com/albums/q539/kjell17/3in1.jpg

Luc

Ta-dah.

http://i45.tinypic.com/wio8xz.png

Moognation
    Participant

Here ya go, Keric. I promise all three parts are in there…

Moognation-Alien-Officer-1.png

Herr D
    Participant

Luc! Luc! Grab that vorpal blade you just made and come here! We have to rescue the little blue guy!

http://i1067.photobucket.com/albums/u438/jamais5/hm3/HerrD-TheWhatsitBug.png

He’ll never survive that hideous yellow and brown thing . . .

Keric
    Participant

This round is OVER
    The Results
    Herr D ~ you bug was cute and surreal bear 2nd runner up with pride!
    I fought with myself on who should win this one!
    Moognation~ I have picked up a New Trick from you, I saw all of the pieces instantly! I do like her, but I decided to go with what I would be proudest of -if I had made it, so I give you First runner up and Luc wins!

Luc select 3 pieces and have fun judging next Saturday!

Luc

Eek, sorry about the lateness folks. This contest kinda slipped my mind for awhile so I didn’t even know I won (Thank NHA247 for reminding me!)

Anywho, here’s your parts for this week!

http://i50.tinypic.com/5yyfme.png

They can be found in Headgear – Mask, ItemRight – Music, and ShoulderRight – Standard.

Herr D
    Participant

Congrats, Luc.

Well, Glubbie only had a brief solo career before nesting and traditional mother-sequestering, but many think that after her brood is weaned, she’ll make a comeback album. Of course, in eighty-three years, she won’t have many fans left.

http://i1067.photobucket.com/albums/u438/jamais5/hm3/HerrD-Soloist-1.jpg

This is a still from her only concert on Ohneegahtahee. Between 2nd and third set, I think . . .

fluffy123
    Participant

this is luther, a bard fresh from the bard’s college of bladoon
    he is an army veteran and served in many wars between Klangon 9 (his home planet) and Klownaw 3x and he has lost his sight, right arm and part of his left leg (which has been robotically constructed by his paramedics and decided to become a bard, telling tales of gruesome battles and valiant victories to the people of Klangon 9.

luther-2.png

Luc

Oh, me and my delays… Well, since this week only got two entries I’m gunna go ahead and give it too… Herr D! It was the unique use of the masks as a sort of dress that won me over. So, take us away D.

Herr D
    Participant

Why thank you, Luc. Consider the dress a slip. A Freudian slip. I am proposing that this next be due on 1/5/13. That way we get back to approximately a week in short order. Unless ams objects, in which case he should post that info here. I am attempting to post this contest’s three pieces with an unfamiliar system and method, so if it fails, I will be posting next about 2pm Eastern.

These pieces are located in Belts Standard (links, shown at 200%,) Mouth Standard (broken tusk, shown at 200%,) and Backgrounds WordBalloons (Spiky blurb, reg. size.)
    A word to the wise: I am prone to judge higher for unusual uses as long as I can tell they’re there without effort.

pieces3.png

Keric
    Participant

NHA247
    Participant

Well here is a quick entry I made.

Here is my Alien Graffiti Artist.

Alien-Graffiti-Artist.png

Herr D
    Participant

Only two entries so far? Oh well.

HEY! **Judge announcement** These will be due 11:59PM Eastern Time Saturday night and I am uncertain what time I will post winners on Sunday or extremely early Monday morning. Thank you.
    (I recall hearing that most art can’t be finished without a clear deadline. So I’m being clearer than I was.)

Herr D
    Participant

Well, the clearer deadline didn’t work. Still just two.

1. I love seeing alien species, monsters, etc. Both of these guys are enough to make me homesick–I mean–happy.
    2. Both entries did use at least one item in an innovative way. Props to NHA for belt item as paint holders–magnetic?
    3. Both good illustrations in general. Subjective illustration issues were secondary. (NHA? Where’s the white paint spray can? Keric? I’m having trouble with trajectory–can’t figure out where the horseshoe tosser stood. Both have possible explanations.)
    4. Emotional effect. That’s what decided this one. The graffiti artist obviously has a good potential for story behind him, but pain and shock of breaking dentition just drew me right into the plight of the horseshoe spectator. Having a tusk broken would hurt worse than having your eyestalk used as a jum–

. . . okay, it would hurt a lot. I’m REALLY glad I wasn’t him. The whole rest of the picnic would be ruined. No crunchy Yrnubaw for Mr. Sonofa. Keric wins. Congratulations, Keric. Get your choices ready. You’re the next judge of OPMC!

fluffy123
    Participant

sorry its late i’ve been away

k22-2.png

it’s a bit silly but i was pushed for time

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 829 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.