Nug’s Creations

Home Forums The HeroMachine Art Gallery Nug’s Creations

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 439 total)
  • Author

Nug
    Participant

Thanks Hawk! People seem to like my poses… its really not that hard… just time consuming. I get a concept in my head for what type of character I wanna do, then with that in mind I hit up google.

Some great keywords for your search:
    -Action Poses
    -Male Superhero Pose
    -Female superhero pose
    -Battle action poses
    -Spider Man Poses (used in “The Demon Kail”)

Once I find a pose that I like its only a matter looking at the outline of HM items rather than the item as a whole. “The Demon Maharet” for instance is composed I’d say 70 percent out of male heads. Learn masking techniques, and how to zyp to cover up any outlines that look out of place and BAAAM!! You have your pose! Taking the time to find the right item, making everything line up right, and the flow of motion just always have to be in mind. (<--Time Consuming) With enough practice though it gets easier. I hope this helps some of you! :D Good luck fellow Machiners!

Nug
    Participant

A quick profile piece just to see if it could be done:
    Blood Imp
    Blood-Imp.PNG

JR19759
    Keymaster

You might want to use a head item or two for the body, unless you were going for a slightly inhuman body shape. It doesn’t look bad, per se but he just looks like he could do with a good meal. Also the shoulder is too high. It might work if you just moved the shoulder down and forward a bit and left the rest alone. Great use of items though.

Nug
    Participant

That’s why I like you JR! You give it to me straight. ;)

Blood-Imp-2.PNG

I was going for the need a sandwich vibe. The arm i used for the torso wont allow for much else to change. I can post the text if you wanna play around with it.

Anarchangel
    Participant

I’ve done a profile shot once in the past and it was a bloody nightmare. It ended up looking pretty awful but I like yours.

Nug
    Participant

Yeah I feel ya… this was a headache, and I lost most interest in it about half way through. If i had the patience with it, added some kinda cloth belt, or some armor or something maybe it…*sigh* Perhaps profiles just aren’t supposed to be done in HM.

Lightningsword
    Participant

How’d you do that body!?Surprised

The Atomic Punk
    Participant

Nice use of the Male-Alternate leg as the Imp’s torso. Very clever! I think that he’s missing a wing. I like how you used a Glove item to accent his wing, though.

Nug
    Participant

You close TAP… real close… The torso is actually just a standard male arm. I just masked a nipple to a circle pattern. The wing itself is a series of about 4 wings in total with 3 different rectangle pattern mask to color what i wanted accented.

Download Blood-Imp.txt

Scatman

an amazing perception of items you have there.I think the first one has a better pose to it.An arm? who knew?Great work as usual.Wink

Jeimuzu
    Participant

Wow, not sure how you did that pose, but it looks awesome!

Nug
    Participant

After hours of subtle tweaking, I believe I got this one just right! I give to you…
    The Invisibles:
    Invisible.PNG

Herr D
    Participant

I almost started to clean my screen. It IS invisible.

JR19759
    Keymaster

Great pose you got going on The Invisibles Wink

Trekkie
    Participant

I love that shading on The Invisibles! So realistic! Laugh When I first looked I thought the image hadn’t loaded properly. Clever :)

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 439 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.