Melmo44’s Creations

Home Forums The HeroMachine Art Gallery Melmo44’s Creations

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 206 total)
  • Author

melmo44
    Participant

CDC- Tattoos

Sareene Hallon- Teacher and part-time Security Force member in post-apocalyptic New Burns, Wyoming. Visible tattoos in this picture: Valkyrie Warrior back piece, right arm memorial sleeve to those lost, left leg inspirational phrase, and right leg sleeve of a city overgrown by nature. She has more ink than this, but I wanted to show off the back piece with this picture.

Sareene is a main character of an in-progress book my husband is working on, so I don’t want to go into too many details as it’s his thing to tell, not mine. He did give the approval on the final design, however, and permission for upload.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Randall
    Participant

Very interesting piece of art. What genre is your husband’s book?

melmo44
    Participant

It’s science-fiction, action/adventure, post-apocalyptic (not the immediate aftermath, it’s about 20 years later). And dinosaurs.

Randall
    Participant

Cool. Sounds like it’s going to be good.

melmo44
    Participant

A soldier and her war-god lover find themselves becoming the one thing neither ever expected: a family.

Attachments:

melmo44
    Participant

CDC= Power Up

Bringing back another character I created for a previous contest. This time we have Gloriana, calling upon the powers imbued upon her in Avalon, which most times is channeled through her enchanted sword: Avalon’s Might.

Attachments:

melmo44
    Participant

CDC- Redesign

Pulling up an old character I made for one of my first contests.

Original Bio: Skye Thomas was not born with powers. One day while playing outside with her younger sister, the two girls were caught in a radioactive beam from the gun of Gamma Man, a local supervillain. Her sister was killed instantly, but six-year-old Skye was thrown into a snow bank, where the radioactive particles mutated her. Her skin pale and eyes changed to an icy blue, but most of all, it gave her power over the cold. Now, eleven years later, Skye uses her powers to protect the children of the city from harm, whether extraordinary or everyday. She is able to shoot blasts of cold, call storms, and create ice projectiles, such as her Frost Knives. Calling herself Polara, she will make sure no children suffer while she has the power to protect them.

Original design: http://pre04.deviantart.net/91ab/th/pre/i/2012/220/4/6/polara_by_melmo44-d5aec6y.jpg

This new look is an older Skye, a veteran hero with a proper costume and full mastery over her powers.

Attachments:

Vengeance
    Participant

Polara nice design cool back story

Viper
    Participant

Yea I like Polara a lot. Well done.

melmo44
    Participant

CDC- Aliens
    Classified as Extraterram Cervus osteoaspis by the first human explorers to their world, this species refers to itself as Mellijum or “Ones of the Grass” ( as the closest translation). These first humans defined them ‘as if an ankylosaur and a deer had a baby’, though much of their bony outer defenses have shrunk or disappeared over time. What is left is the bony ‘harness’ across the torso, which anchors an intricate carapace on their backs. They also retain a complex, carefully cultivated array of horns, and a bony plate and frill on the head. Standing mainly bipedal and up to two and a half meters tall, the Mellijum have evolved large, three-fingered hands, though they can run on all fours for extra speed. Their outer, bony armor was used as a defense mechanism against a now extinct predator species which they describe as somewhat feline and incredibly vicious. Both species began to develop organized groups and civilization, although the predator species cooperated poorly due to their lone nature. They fought among themselves, with the Mellijum often caught in the middle. They were wiped out by a combination of warfare and diseases triggered by biological experimentation. The Mellijum left these places abandoned, preferring to use their technology to improve their farming practices, and for medicine, art, and music. They also have a deep knowledge of astronomy, though they choose not to pursue technologies to leave their world.

This picture depicts an adult female and a juvenile. The society is grouped into castes, although the system is loose and inter-caste movement, although often complex, is allowed. The adult wears the blue and gold of the Defender caste, those which safeguard the people from threats. She also wears paint on her head crests, which is a usual form of cosmetic and is applied in different patterns based on a number of factors. The child wears the green accents to their brown clothing, marking him as Producer (farmer) caste. All children wear similar clothing made from certain tough grasses, as their protective bone growths do not fully mature until puberty. Even his head crest is small and his horns and frill have not yet emerged, putting him probably around the equivalent to an Earth six year old. His mane is also loose, whereas and adults would either be cut quite short, or elaborately braided down the back.

Attachments:

melmo44
    Participant

CDC- Dressed to Impress

Entry- High Priestess of the Belya, Goddess of soldiers and strategy.

Attachments:

melmo44
    Participant

CDC- The Armour Wars

Armor this week? Now we’re talking my language. So here we have my character Evera, fully suited in a combination of plate and mail over leather. The armor bears the scores and scratches of use, for she is no knight in shining armor, but one who’s steel has been tested many times. With her respect for Greek culture and admiration of its warriors, her lord and lover gave her the scarlet cloak and the crested helm upon her ascent to command, that she may pay homage to her heroes. Though even these bears the marks of use, including a chunk sliced from the very front of the crest during a fight.

Tl;dr- I went practical, well-used combat armor.

Attachments:

melmo44
    Participant

As an addendum to that, here’s the headshot as well, to bring out some more of the details that aren’t quite so clear in the full shot, including the scratches, the missing bit of the helmet crest, and the cloak pins.

Attachments:

melmo44
    Participant

For giggles, I did a post-battle, dirty and bloody version too. Not as good for the contest as it hides some of the detail, but I like it.

Attachments:

melmo44
    Participant

CDC- Shakespeare

Back from a bit of a break (mostly involving kitchen renovations and work :P) in time for a bit of the Bard.

I went with a pretty familiar one, because Hamlet is the one I remember best: ‘Alas, poor Yorick! I knew him, Horatio, a man of infinite jest, of most excellent fancy.’

Attachments:
Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 206 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.