Melmo44’s Creations

Home Forums The HeroMachine Art Gallery Melmo44’s Creations

Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 206 total)
  • Author

melmo44
    Participant

Evera looks great! How did you do the battle damage on her armour? Circle insignias? And that’s neat usage of the contest items on Admiral Death

Thanks! The battle damage is the diamond-shape insignia. I found it looked more like a cut or slice mark than the circle or square.

melmo44
    Participant

CDC- Project Runway

No backstory this time lol. I wanted to do something a bit different and fun so I went with a cyberpunk/post-apocalyptic-princess type look.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

melmo44
    Participant

In the broken, dusty remnants of the Earth, technology, magic, and mutations were blended and used to create creatures and people that could survive this new world. The cyborg Imperial Sorceresses were the most powerful and most feared of these creations; only a handful were produced, the most powerful witches living augmented to be almost indestructible. They enforced the will of the High God-King that rose after the cataclysm, but after his death and the crumbling of the New Empire, they were alone. The Sorceresses became lone wanderers, with no master and no purpose. Shunned by many for their past deeds, they live apart from the rest of society, now more interested in studying and experimenting with their power.

They are extremely durable, and can continue functioning despite heavy damage and dirt (although if not cleaned eventually, can cause seizing in their robotic parts). They are animated by a combination of robotics, magic (to help preserve their organic components), and the soul of the witch they began as. They are capable of emotion, but in a distant, clinical way and are able to shut that part out when necessary. Specially-trained Tech-Mages oversee their health and repair, and often one or more will live with a Sorceress to provide maintenance and assistance. They are one of many sects trying to survive in this new, lawless world.

Attachments:

Herr D
    Participant

Interesting bridge btw mud and ethereal, besides great work.

melmo44
    Participant

CDC- A Valiant Effort

Eigyr and Hywel were the inseparable twins of a widowed local lord. He raised them both the same, and Eigyr was trained in fighting alongside her brother. She excelled in it, learning spear, sword, and shield with ease. When the twins reached adulthood, they traveled to Caerleon, where King Arthur held court with his knights. The knights welcomed Hywel, but rebuffed Eigyr, telling her she had no place at the Round Table. Dejected, she eventually found herself on the banks of the river, unsure of what to do. At sunset, a mysterious barge appeared, piloted by a group of ethereal women. Their leader, Vivian, told Eigyr she was a Chosen of Avalon, and that she had a great destiny. She also gave her a sword, and Eigyr became the first wielder of Avalon’s Might. Filled with it’s power, she returned to the Round Table and demanded a place by trial of combat. She defeated three opponents and fought Ser Lancelot to a standstill when the King himself called the match and welcomed her to the Table. There she was a peerless knight, having many adventures even after her brother returned home to rule after their father’s death. When Arthur fell, Eigyr did her best to keep up the ideals he left behind, and trying to make the world better. In her old age, she herself went to Avalon and her final fate is unknown. All that is known is that her sword has been wielded by many Champions since then, each entrusted it by a strange cadre of women.

Attachments:

melmo44
    Participant

CDC- It’s All About You

Different variations of my name came up with some really weird results. I almost went with the cryomancer protecting Atlantis from the Yakuza… but I just couldn’t do the name Yellow Glacier without thinking of yellow snow. 😛 So this is the one I went with.

Attachments:

melmo44
    Participant

CDC- Once Upon a Time

Shaking the rust off with a new pic. For my redesign I give you Belle and Beast!

Attachments:

melmo44
    Participant

CDC- Character Classes: Fighters

Valti is the elder sister of Phaeya Half-Dwarven and was a born a noble in the city of Stoneguard. She forswore the trappings of noblility and instead dedicated herself to the god of combat as a member of the fearsome berserkers. Her extensive tattoos are magically imbued, and only those trained in the berserker arts are allowed to use the sacred blue ink. They are a part of the training she underwent to harness the primal rage that is the key to her power. She wears the black armor of her station, decorated with some of her personal trophies (larger skulls or other items are displayed elsewhere). Berserkers, especially dwarven ones, favor two-handed weapns, and Valti’s axe is no exception. Whether in the great, underground tunnels of Stoneguard or the impeccable King’s Road on the surface, Valti is a force few could stand against.

In RPGs I generally play warriors, especially dwarven warriors if I have the option. I also love the barbarian/berserker/reaver/etc. subsets or variations thereof. So basically I made a picture of all my favorite things 🙂

Attachments:

Suleman
    Participant

I really like her pose! Very stable, really sells the weight of the weapon. Also, nice expression.

Herr D
    Participant

When a chaotic neutral lunatic human I was playing accidentally singed off a dwarf’s beard with a ‘pirated’ pyrotechnic blast, I had him sit right down and weave a new one out of rat hairs. The GM rolled . . . it became a +10 beard of frightening, and kept several giant rats at bay when worn.

Good times. I like Valti. Maybe a thin arc of blood spatter on the rocks behind her?

melmo44
    Participant

CDC- Bite Me

Long ago a sorcerer, in trying to attain greater power, summoned a demon from the depths of hell. Little did the sorcerer realize that this demon, Zixel the Craven, was more powerful than he could handle. Zixel took the sorcerer as his host, needing a body to live on this plane. He also required sustenance: blood. Most of his victims are drained to dried husks, but once he was attacked during a feeding, interrupting him and leaving his meal alive. That person was forever transformed by the blood that fell from the demon and mixed with his own. Zixel’s Children, as they called themselves, grew in number over the centuries, kept alive by feeding the demon’s blood in them the blood of others. Zixel himself delights in this unholy family, though he himself must find new hosts periodically as his power is too great and burns out the bodies he inhabits. His children are more than happy to assist him in this, showing him great reverence as the ‘father’ of their race.

Attachments:

melmo44
    Participant

CDC- There is no ‘I’ in Team

Presenting: The Vigilantes! These heroes were, for one reason or another, denied membership into the World Justice Group, an international collection of heroes. They eventually joined with one another to take on crime their own way, outside of the WJG. They are (left to right):

Lady Justice- trained by one of the WJG’s most prominent members, Mareena Baxon is a tech brawler, relying on both gadgets and brute strength, not to mention her twin knives. She fell out with the WJG members after her fellow hero, Wing, was killed by Mister Bedlam and she swore revenge. She was deemed too violent and ‘not a team player’ but her skills have proven invaluable to her new team.

Empath- descended from a group of powerful magic users, Norah Bishop can read and manipulate emotions. The WJG decided that, despite Norah’s training under her mother and grandmother, that her powers were too volatile and dangerous to use in large-scale battles. She has proved them wrong as part of the Vigilantes, and has turned her back on those other heroes who doubted her strength.

Bobcat- Trevor Young is an ailuranthrope, or werecat. Specifically, he takes on the form of a humanoid after an encounter with a strange sorcerer. Unable to rid himself of this ability, he uses it now to help fight crime. Originally, he was unable to control his metamorphosis and became a rampaging monster upon changing. He has since gained control over both through intensive training. He is inhumanly fast and has heightened senses that make him a great asset to the team.

Siren- A mutant who’s true name is unknown, Siren grew up in a violent household. Her powers manifested at puberty, and with them she stopped her father once and for all with her ability to manipulate pheromones and her hypnotic eyes and voice. No one can resist her powers and the WJG deemed her dangerous and too eager to use her powers with lethal force. But, they couldn’t hold her either, as she easily escaped them and joined up with the Vigilantes, harboring a resentment for the heroes who tried to imprison her.

Contagion Man- Fredrick Wellwright wanted to be a hero. He was taking a degree in science when an experiment went wrong, leaving him with the power to infect other people with nonlethal illness for up to two days. Unfortunately, he also makes himself sick in the process. The WJG thought this power ridiculous, so Fredrick found the Vigilantes. It might be unpleasant for him, but striking enemies with sickness has turned the tide of battle for them more than once, and his cheerful, joking nature is appreciated by the whole group.

Attachments:

melmo44
    Participant

CDC- Transformations

Finally got an entry done! So… many… feathers….

Baria was the daughter of the god of prophecy and the goddess of dreams. Before the world truly began she lived with the others of her kind on the only island in the primordial sea. One of their number, Erevel, was swept into the sea and disappeared. Though time was not as it is now, he was lost for eons. He returned to the island eventually, changed. Baria was intrigued by him and discovered he had brought a darkness back with him from the depths unlike anything this new world had ever seen. She eagerly took this darkness into herself as well, her wings shredded and replaced, her hair turned to midnight, and dark corruption spread beneath her skin as horns erupted from her forehead. Baria become the Nightmare goddess beside her new husband, the god of insanity.

Other pictures of Baria in her demon form: http://www.heromachine.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/Melmo44-The-Nightmare-Throne.png

http://www.heromachine.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/Melmo44-Baria.png

Attachments:

melmo44
    Participant

CDC- Checkmate!

The Queen is powerful, and she will defend her king.

Attachments:

Trekkie
    Participant

Very striking with the colours

Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 206 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.