Melmo44’s Creations

Home Forums The HeroMachine Art Gallery Melmo44’s Creations

Viewing 11 posts - 196 through 206 (of 206 total)
  • Author

melmo44
    Participant

CDC- The Spirit of Halloween

The Spirit of Halloween represents a duality, much like the holiday itself. On one side is bright, filled with costumes, candy, and fantasy. It is the one day a year to become someone else, to cover yourself in glitter, to eat too many sweets and celebrate. The other side is dark, filled with the grotesque, the macabre, and symbolism of death. It is a day to glory in the wicked, demented sides of ourselves. The two are opposites, but opposite sides of the same coin. Where there is one, there is the other.

(This is why Halloween is my favorite holiday!)

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

melmo44
    Participant

CDC- International Legion of Justice Villains #2

Fire Bird- I kind of liked the idea of her in a flight suit, but instead of getting in a plane she just sprouts these huge fire wings and takes off. Also got to have that ancestral sword for getting in close. That and when I was looking at references for Japanese WWII pilots I found a great one of a pilot with his sword and it just seemed right to give Fire Bird one.

Attachments:

melmo44
    Participant

CDC- In Memorium

A satyr enjoying all the best satyr things: food, drink, and music.

This one’s for you, Cliff.

Attachments:

melmo44
    Participant

CDC- Ice, Ice, Baby

I went with Snowman: http://pdsh.wikia.com/wiki/Snowman

I didn’t change anything about the character’s backstory. It says he was a statue most of the time and protector of an Inuit-like people so I made him more location-appropriate as an Inukshuk. I did take liberty with the arms, but he needed some kind of arms to fight with.

As a Canadian, and one who lives in a place that’s occasionally colder than Mars and/or The North Pole, I appreciate this contest 🙂

Attachments:

melmo44
    Participant

CDC- Orcs

Necromancers of other races look down on their orcish brethren, thinking them savage and tribal in comparison to themselves. But none of them would ever want to face one. Despite their ‘primitive’ countenance, they are masters of their craft and their power over the dead is second to none. Foremost among them is Kareesh Axehead, born to the Axehead clan and called to serve the spider-god Urohur, the orcish god of death magic. She proudly wears the tattoo of her calling, the spider emerging from flame, and within her craft she is without peer, orcish or otherwise.

Attachments:

melmo44
    Participant

CDC- Elves

Digging through some of my stuff, I found a little thing that I started writing about a near-future Earth invaded by some kind of alien species. Humanity had found allies in the Elves, creatures who were not in fact fae, but a different kind of otherworldly altogether that often visited Earth as a vacation spot. This elf took the Earth name Keitha, since humans had a hard time pronouncing her actual name and usually ended making it sound like a rather vulgar Elven word. A soldier of great skill, she is taller and stronger than humans but loves them greatly. One of her favorite things about our world is our vehicles, although her driving is terrifying as she is used to the flying transportation of her homeworld.

Attachments:

melmo44
    Participant

CDC- Kind of a Drag

Presenting Ms. Detta Nation! If you can handle the fire, she’ll be your atom bomb baby. If not, you’re gonna see a real explosion. She’s hot as a reactor core and twice as dangerous; you might even say she’s radioactive.

For some reason I had the idea to do a atompunk/retro-themed queen. I’d like to hope that somewhere out there Cliff is looking down with approval.

Attachments:

Herr D
    Participant

Reminds me of “Bang Bang Baby.” You  . . . might not watch it.

melmo44
    Participant

CDC- Chinese Zodiac

Liang Ju and Liang Zhi; the Ox and the Serpent, soldier and spy, brother and sister. They lived in medieval times and were investigating a sorcerer for the Emperor under the guise of his guests. Unbeknownst to them, the sorcerer gave them an elixir that manifested animal-like characteristics in them. When confronted, the sorcerer tried to banish them with a spell. It backfired, and the siblings found themselves flung through time into modern day. After a difficult adjustment, they search for the sorcerer in the present and the cult that grew around him over the centuries using the powers he bestowed on them and their combined ancient and modern technology.

Attachments:

melmo44
    Participant

CDC- History Revisited

It’s been a while since I actually made something. Man, am I rusty!

No one know who the hero Sekhem* really is, and no one would believe it to be the powerful businesswoman Hatshepsut. Head of one of the largest companies in the world, she has ties in everything from warfare to trade and back again. But all that has come at a price. Her nephew, Amenhotep, bitter that he did not become head of the company, turned to villainy. At first, his goal was to ‘wipe her name from the face of the earth’, but has broadened his sights to try and carve out his own empire, beginning with the criminal underground. Donning a suit of the most advanced technology (and drawing on her time in the military), Hatshepsut will protect the world from his machinations.

Picture is her in and out of costume.

*the word sekhem is where the name of the goddess Sekhmet is derived from. the real Hatshepsut associated herself with this goddess, an important war deity.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hatshepsut

Attachments:

melmo44
    Participant

CDC- High School Confidential

Ava Jones was head of the chess club. Until one day a portal appeared in front of her, dropping a wounded time traveler at her feet. He’d come back to find her, because she was the only one who could protect one of the two future saviors of mankind, code named ‘the Black King’. The traveler gave her a dagger, a shield generator, a ‘shadow suit’ that allows her to become nearly invisible, and the name of her charge before dying of his wounds.

Now, using her future technology, Ava must protect an oblivious first-line linebacker from the alien forces that are trying to prevent him from reaching his destiny, led by an elite alien soldier disguised as the head cheerleader. But two can play at strategy, and Ava is now the most powerful player on the board: the Black Queen!

Attachments:
Viewing 11 posts - 196 through 206 (of 206 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.