Melmo44’s Creations

Home Forums The HeroMachine Art Gallery Melmo44’s Creations

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 206 total)
  • Author

melmo44
    Participant

CDC- Head’s Up

Another week, another entry. For this one I went with the Nightmare Goddess Baria, Matriarch of the Dark Deities. An interesting character, and one I haven’t got much on other than a backstory (a dream goddess who chose darkness and corruption to stay with her lover).

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

melmo44
    Participant

CDC- All In One

Skalla, She Who Bows to None- Queen and one of the first Warriors of her people. The omens of her birth and her white-blonde hair and amber eyes singled her out for greatness, and it was even rumored she was the daughter of the smith-goddess herself. She wielded the Blade Oelik Munar (‘Star Omen’) in battle. She was a contemporary of Rolanna Blood-Eyes, and the two women held a deep respect for one another.

Attachments:

melmo44
    Participant

CDC- Great Intelligence

Character- Empath

Descended from a long line of great wielders of magic, Norah Bishop was born with extraordinary psionic powers. She is able to read the minds of others through their emotions, and in turn, project emotions at other people. She is also adept at reading ambient emotions that naturally emanate from people in day-to-day life. While this sounds relatively benign, her power can be both extremely useful an extremely dangerous. In combat, she utilizes the emotions and adrenaline of those around her to boost herself and those around her, and the thoughts she picks up makes her able to predict enemy movements. Most dangerously, these emotions (from herself and others) can amplified and directed at an enemy, to devastating effect. It is said that the most powerful mind blast could kill a wide swath almost instantly or destroy an entire town. She was trained in the use of her powers by her mother, lest she lose control at a time of extreme emotion. Norah then became a crime fighter alongside Lady Justice, taking for her name the term used for her type of powers.

Attachments:

Rajah Raja
    Participant

Wow. You have some really great characters. I will definitely check back here often.

Viper
    Participant

I agree, you have an awesome gallery.

melmo44
    Participant

Aw, thanks Rajah Raja and Viper. I do appreciate it 🙂

CDC- Modern Gods

A quick and dirty entry (going away later in the week for a few days, so I have limited time for this contest, even though I love the concept and would definitely do more entries if I could).

Sekhmet- The fierce Egyptian warrior lioness. For modern times, she dons the attire of the modern warrior, appearing more human than leonine. She retains her crown of cow horns holding the disc of the sun, and the protective serpent, Wadjet.

Attachments:

melmo44
    Participant

CDC- It’s All Greek to Me

I was SO excited to see this was the theme this week. The only problem was, I had too many ideas. This is my second pic. The first one I made and I don’t like it, so it got scrapped in favor of something different.

So, my entry- the gods of war face each other down on Mt. Olympus. Ares wears standard bronze hoplite armor, and his Corinthian helmet has a transverse instead of lateral crest, as could been seen on Spartan commanders, much like the lambda painted on his shield and the scarlet cloak on his back.

Like the Athena Parthenos statue, Athena wears gold and ivory, in contrast to Ares. Out of battle, she wears her helmet pushed up on her head, in this case more resembling the Chalcidian style than the more recognizable Corinthian. She wears the head of the gorgon Medusa on her cuirass (breastplate), although she also uses it to decorate her shield.

(can you tell Greek history and mythology is my thing?)

Edit: %$#^*&! So it won’t let me upload a .png or a .jpeg tonight. So here’s the link from deviantart.

http://orig03.deviantart.net/7846/f/2015/247/d/3/gods_of_war_by_melmo44-d98ewnl.png

Stulte
    Participant

Awesome idea! I’ve always liked the juxtaposition between Athena and Ares.

Nug
    Participant

Awesome gallery! People are missing out on you.

melmo44
    Participant

Thanks Nug! I hope if nothing else, the gallery is a good study in improvement in ‘machining.

CDC: Colorful

Aubergine and Cerulean- In a world of many super-powered people, lived newlywed low-level heroes Jay Stevens and Elena Cruz (respectively Purple Flash and Sky Girl). Realizing they needed an edge in the competitive hero business, they ditched their former identities entirely and went in a new direction. Marketing themselves as a more refined breed of hero (with this promotional image included), they became Aubergine and Cerulean. They complemented these new names with costumes drawn from steampunk, Neo-Victorian, and noir inspirations (at least, if their PR team is to be believed). Aubergine is a speedster, and Cerulean is a flier with control over the winds. They first met when they both responded to a bank robbery being carried out by the nefarious Baron von Glock.

I came up with this idea at work. It started out kind of silly, with these haughty, snobby heroes. Then it became this jaded and cynical world where heroes are common and they market themselves and do PR and stunts and reality shows and whatnot to get ahead (not to mention the over-the-top costumes).

Attachments:

melmo44
    Participant

CDC- Getting Emotional

After turning ideas around my head all week, I finally made something work. This piece went through a couple of name changes, and could probably reflect one of any number of emotions, depending on how you see it. I went with Fearlessness.

Attachments:

Vectorman316
    Participant

That is both creepy and awesome 😀

Geno
    Participant

Wow, this is amazing. Some well designed creepy monsters in the back and an overall epic feel to it. There were a lot of really great entries this week (I’m having so much trouble voting because I think they’re all great), but I’m kind of surprised this didn’t make it into the poll. Great job!

Suleman
    Participant

Nice, You achieved a great look without using too many pieces. The shadows and the lonely little light really make this work.

melmo44
    Participant

Thank you so much everyone! I’ve been rotten sick all week (while working straight through), so it was really nice to get back and see so many nice comments!

CDC- Fire

Immolative Precipitation

500% base weapon damage
    Skill Level Required- Master
    Mana Cost- 75
    Duration- 25 seconds
    Cooldown- 10 minutes
    Area of Effect- 50 m
    Affected Targets burn for 75% base weapon damage for 1 minute
    Splash Damage, Friendly Fire possible
    Requires 15 points in Pyromancy and Level 25

One of the penultimate spells of the fire mage, this is not a spell designed for delicate or precision striking. It is instead a literal rain of hellish fire across a wide swath, burning all in its wake. While able to turn the tide of battle completely, it is best to exercise extreme caution. It was first developed by Archmage Garielldria the Verbose, when she sought to push the limits of pyromancy.

Attachments:
Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 206 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.