Mad Jacks Showroom

Home Forums The HeroMachine Art Gallery Mad Jacks Showroom

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 355 total)
  • Author

Mad Jack
    Participant

TXH!

WINTERKILL
    Winterkill_pv-1.png

Dillon Caldwell worked as a technician in a cryogenic facility where rich people had preserved their bodies or heads after death in cold storage for a possible resurrection in the future. When a couple of junkies broke into his lab to look for drugs he tried to stop them but was pushed into a tank of liquid nitrogen by them during the struggle. But instead of dying instantly as it would expected Dillons Xenogene was activated and provided him with the gift of Cryokinesis turning not only his blood literally freezing cold.

Winterkills average body temperature lies at absolute zero (the point where all molecular motion stops) and has the ability to lower it even more within the span of a few tenths of a second, causing the surrounding moisture in the air that is in contact with him to freeze and form a covering with the consistency of crystalline ice that encompasses his body either partially or entirely. He is also capable to project intense coldness from his body and to control moisture such as to freeze any air moisture into super-hard ice forming it into any object of his choosing.

His powers are so vast that they extend to the molecular level, to the point that he can freeze all of the molecules of an object/being with a single touch and by this way for example freeze another’s body to induce rigor mortis in his organism. The only downside of his powers is the need of a ventilatory support when the air around him gets to warm for him to breathe.

Headshot:
    Winterkill_hs-1.png

DiCicatriz
    Participant

Wow! That ice armor effect is amazing! Great work!

Yeah, nice job on Winterkill. Love the ice effect and the helmet.

Mad Jack
    Participant

Thanks guys. But I had to fix some minor flaws in the ice armor at the hip and the hoses at the mask – the little details, you know. Also forgot to give credit to livewyre for the pose … Wink

And now – since every good comic universe needs its own superspy – I present:

Codename: GHOST 13
    IanCarlyle_pv.png

Ian Carlyle (Codename: Ghost 13) is the director of the international espionage organization T.O.U.C.H.S.T.O.N.E. – The Tactical Operations Unit for Crises in Homeland Securities, Threat Oberservations and Network Espionage).

He is a masterspy and accomplished strategist who has a brilliant tactical sense that makes him the greatest tactician in the world, both on and off the battlefield. He is able to formulate extremely elaborated battle strategies and alter them in seconds to fit the changing need of the situation.

Ian has completed trainings in several military forces like Rangers, Special Forces, and Navy Seals and is not just an unarmed- and armed-combat expert who holds a black belt in Tae Kwon Do and a brown belt in Jiu Jitsu, but also an exceptional ambidextrous marksman of every type of firearm skilled in sharpshooting. Furtermore he is fluent in English, German, Russian, Japanese and lingual in other languages.

Carlyle has admitted to have an activated Xenogene but nobody knows what exactly his superpowers are and as a good spy he naturally keeps it a secret…

Headshot:
    IanCarlyle_hs.png

Mad Jack
    Participant

Okay – another one before I call it a day…

SIDESWIPE
    Sideswipe_pv.png

Jaclyn Baker aka Sideswipe was a respected female boxer and had even won olympic gold when a sleazeball tried to fix her fights by threatening her. But Jaclyn ignored him and by that risked her own life. The crook ambushed her after a training session and shot her pointblank but soon realized this would be his last mistake. When the bullets hit Jaclyn her Xenogene was actived and she was boosted by the kinetic energy of the projectiles. Confused and angry she hit the gunman and crushed his skull to pulp with a single punch ruining her entire career at the same time.

Jaclyn has the abilty to absorb the energy of any blow she is struck by, not just punches, but also projectiles like bullets, electricity and beams of any type of energy directed toward her and to metabolize it to enhance her own physical strength, speed, and stamina or rechannel it through her body in the same form that was absorbed but with twice the force/power. This makes her extremely difficult to defeat in battle, as every blow struck against her only makes her stronger.

Even without absorbing energy, Jaclyn has increased strength and recuperative abilities, as well as a measure of invulnerability due to stored absorbed energy within his personal reserves, keeping her capabilities always at a superhuman level. The upper limits of her ability to enhance her own physical abilities with absorbed energy is not exactly known since it seems to have never been exhausted yet.

Headshot:
    Sideswipe_hs.png

Weilyn

Carlyle looks smooth as all hell!

Mad Jack
    Participant

THX – that was what I indended since I was going for a mix of James Bond and Nick Fury, so I’m quite pleased with the result.

FIREBLAZE
    Fireblaze_pv.png

Barrett Mackenna and his little brother Aidan (Spitfire) were still kids when Barrett accidentally set his bed in the children’s room on fire while playing with matches. The fire spread fast and soon the boy were trapped in the burning room but just before the flames reached them, their Xenogene was activated and the disaster took its course to the worst. In their fear from the fire they unconsciously kindled it even more with their newly acquired powers and set the whole house in flames in a matter of seconds.

But even though the boys were ultimately immune to the fire and survived the blaze unscathed, their parents weren’t so lucky and died a painful death. After this tragedy the boys were split up and while Aidan was taken in by his caring aunt and her husband, Barrett was blamed for the accident and landed in the system bounced from one foster family to the next over the following years.

Afraid of the reactions of other people to their strange abilities both the brothers kept it secret until the “Awakening” event, when people around the world suddenly developed super powers. It was on that day that the ways of the brothers should separate forever. While Aidan became a superhero, Barrett blamed the whole world for his hard life full of abuse and fear and decided never again to be victim but rather perpetrator himself. This was the beginning of his career as a super villain.

Superpowers:

Like his brother, Barrett possesses the physical ability to envelop or transform his entire body, or portions of it, into a fiery plasma-like state of will without harm to himself. The cells of his body convert energy from foodstuffs into a form of complex energy containing molecule that not only provides ordinary bodily energy but contains large stores of latent chemical-bonding energies. He is able to utilize this extra energy by converting it into a moderate-density, plasma-like state that can be modified by an act of will.

Even in his plasma state, Barrett’s body is still solid but due to the temperature of his plasma at approximately 2,800 F (near the melting point of iron) any projectile is melted before it even reach his body. He also can generate shapes composed of fire from any point on his body (usually his hands) and has the mental ability to control the ambient heat energy and objects’ temperatures within his immediate environment, even when he himself is not aflame, and to form fire into long streams, spheres, and more complex shapes which will remain their shapes as long as he concentrates upon them.

Barrett himself is immune to fire and heat, including his own, and his flesh cannot be burned by any heat source whose level is below that of his maximum output which can reach about 1,000,000 F at the cost of exhausting his entire reserve of energy.

Headshot:
    Fireblaze_hs.png

Mad Jack
    Participant

Nothing to get excited about, but a good way to see for myself how I improved over time (see original from 2.5 below).

VIVID
    Vivid_pv.png

Vivian Harris has the power to generate, manipulate and/or absorb the electromagnetic radiation that is visible to the human eye and which is emitted and absorbed in tiny “packets” called photons – in other words: light.

She is capable to absorb all forms of illumination and utilize it for a variety of uses such as creating constructs, holographs, force-fields, and shields of light. She can also bend the light around her to become invisible, generate blasts of photon energy, create and ride light-waves in order to fly.

By absorbing the ambient light within her immediate environment she can bring an area in total darkness.

Headshot:
    Vivid_hs.png

2.5 Original:
    Vivid_old.png

JR19759
    Keymaster

LOVE the costume, wish I’d though of some of those design points

CantDraw
    Participant

Those last two characters are amazing! I especially love Fireblaze. I’m also looking for new ways to represent fire. The way you have it on his arms is genius.

Mad Jack
    Participant

THX guys! I just say two words: masking and alpha-channels (or are that three words?) … http://www.heromachine.com/wp-includes/images/smilies/icon_wink.gif

EMERALD GHOST:
    http://www.heromachine.com/wp-content/legacy/forum-image-uploads/madjack/2013/05/EmeraldGhost_pv-1.png

When terrorists exercised a bomb attack on a government agency in Washington, Emma Hains was buried alive by the collapsing building. Trapped under a steal beam, that literally squashed her right leg, she spent eight days in the ruins without any sign of hope for help and survived with just enough condensed water dripping from above. Febrile due to onset of gangrene in her leg and near starvation she suddenly had an out-of-body experience when her Xenogene finally kicked in.

Abruptly she floated over her own body while still mentally connected to it. To her surprise she could phase through the debris surrounding her like a ghost and reached in this way the surface where she found a fireman who she asked for help. But when he saw the phantom in front of him he was scared to death and passed out stumbling into Emmas new form. At this moment she somehow bonded with that mans body and possessed him like a real ghost.

In the body of the stranger she tried to get down to her own body and lifted rubble weighing several hundred kilos whitout even realising it. She eventually managed to free her body and to carry it outside where the stress of her actions took its toll and she slipped weakened out of the man she possessed and returned to her own body.

She later discovered that she has the ability to separate her spirit form from her physical body by will while controlling both her presences, the astral and corporeal. In her spirit form she can become both intangible or solid and phase through solid objects such as walls and people. Also she can make other matter intangible by touching it and possess people as well as machines and control them.

When she possesses a human his strength, durabilty and endurance is enhanced to a near superhuman level and if he already is a superhuman his powers are intensified to a high degree. Since this ability, however, weakens her the longer she utilise it, she always only stays for a few minutes in a foreign body. If she remains too long, she can be deprived of all her powers for several hours or even days in the aftermath.

Unlike “normal” astral beings Emmas spirit form is very visible to everyone and appears as a green shimmering phantasm. In this state her physical body is surrounded by some sort of impenetrably force field that protects it from any harm.

Headshot:
    http://www.heromachine.com/wp-content/legacy/forum-image-uploads/madjack/2013/05/EmeraldGhost_hs-1.png

JR19759
    Keymaster

Ooooooooh, I apologise in advance for when I steal that crutch design in the future. Great work.

Mad Jack
    Participant

Knock yourself out! That’s what I like about this forum – the constant exchange of inspiration for great ideas. As you can see on some characters I took many ideas from others to a new use and I’m more than willing to let others use mine as well… ;)

BEDLAM
    Bedlam_pv.png

Seth Emery was a criminal long before he got his powers. That happened when he was caught in the middle of a fight between two superhumans and accidentally been hit by both their powers. In this moment his own Xenogene was activated and he instinctively absorbed the abilities of the fighters.

Seth has the power to temporarily replicate the special abilities of any super-beings in his immediate proximity – optimally by thouching them whereby he usurp the powers of his victim completely, gaining all its skills and power and leaving it powerless in turn. He also has the ability to steal the powers of several beings simultaneously, making him even more powerful and virtually unstoppable with every being encountered. Usually his victims naturally regain their lost power after a while, but in some rare cases the effect is permanently.

Furthermore he has the ability to sense the presence of the Xenogene in others who are in close proximity to himself and the capability to irreversible catalyze the untapped genetic potential of these latent superhumans, often with unpredictable side effects. He can also supercharge other superhumans’ powers, often to dangerous levels.

Bedlam absorbing the above-showed powers:
    Bedlam_pv2.png
    Absorbing superpowers from Fireblaze and Winterkill.
    Did I mention that those two have a fling going on? Opposites attract, I guess… ;)

Headshot:
    Bedlam_hs.png

PS: Thanx to ams for the pose – I changed the arms a litte bit … http://www.heromachine.com/wp-content/legacy/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif

Mad Jack
    Participant

THE CROW
    Crow_pv.png

Hank Crowley was a common soldier serving in a unit stationed at the undiclosed military facility Area X in Roswell during the “Days of Annihilation” following the attack of the alien “Harvesters”. When Dr. Hayden Creed needed experimental subjects for a trial involving the new found Xenogene, Hank volunteered himself after tests on the staff had showed that he had the gene in question.

After a series of several medical treatments Dr. Creed actually managed to activate Hanks dormant Xenogene, which led to the development of a synthetic Xenogene-activator, and this in turn ultimately to the “Awakening” event, when 0.5 percent of the world’s population developed simultaneously super powers in consequence.

Even after the end of the occupation Hank continues to work at Area X – but now as the official leader of the superhuman rapid response team “Flagwatch” and head of “Project Phoenix” – a government-owned training camp for superhumans who just discovered their abilities.

Hank posseses a pair of bird-like wings attached to his arms along with the matching hollow airfilled bones who gives him the ability to fly with a natural winged flight limit (95 miles per hour) and great aerial maneuverability. However his capacity for flight doesn’t seem to come just from his wings and his bones, since he can even hover in place whithout having any motion.

Furterhmore Hank can see in absolute darkness and has a sonic scream at his disposal that can reach 300 decibels, which is enough to make a person’s ears start bleeding – even if they’re not directly attacked. With this potent ability he is able to damage and stun foes or objects, to the point of shattering metal.

Headshot:
    Crow_hs.png

Weilyn

Great job with the wings!

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 355 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.