Mad Jacks Showroom

Home Forums The HeroMachine Art Gallery Mad Jacks Showroom

Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 355 total)
  • Author

Mad Jack
    Participant

@Vampyrist said:
    Chernobyl is fantastic, seriously one of the best pieces of costuming I have seen here. Koshmar is also great.

Thank you very much! I may not be great at posing but I love costuming. I try to not use the same item too often, but that’s getting harder and harder with each new character. So instead I try to find new combinations or use items in ways they weren’t intended for – I think masking is the HM tool I use most of all. Laugh

@Jeimuzu said:
    Serp and Molot are really cool, love the sickle and hammer theme and their costumes are terrific.

Thanks. I had that idea since the 80s when I read my first superhero comic books. It just took a “few” years and Heromachine to materialize it. Meanwhile the USSR ceased to exist, but why bother? Wink

@FRM said:
    cool!

THX!

@The Atomic Punk said:
    Prima! (or should I say “Отлично!”)

Большое спасибо! Smile

@JR19759 said:
    I quite enjoyed Austria when I went there last year. I went to the Salzburg area in the middle of the summer so it wasn’t very busy.

We visited my father for his 70th birthday who lives somewhere between Kufstein and Innsbruck. I really like Austria quite well but there’s a little rivalry between Austrians and Bavarians which is expressed by the latter in the saying: “When Judgment Day comes I’ll go to Austria – since it takes another 100 years for it to get there.” Maybe it gets lost in translation … Confused

@JR19759 said:
    As for the new team, I have only one thing to say- фантастический

Боже мой! Embarassed

Mad Jack
    Participant

Here comes the first governmental sanctioned European superhero-team (composed of the founding members of the European Union):

Guardians_pv.png
    From left to right and front to back:

WUNDERKIND from Berlin, Germany:

Thomas Schramm is a person of great and varied learning (polymath) and able to learn an incredible amount of knowledge at amazing speeds, picking up skills, languages, fighting techniques, etc. in no time at all. He has a perfect (eidetic) memory as well as photographic reflexes and never forgets anything he ever saw or read.
    Wunderkind_pv.png
    Wunderkind_hs.png

RED LION (Roude Léiw) from Luxembourg City, Luxembourg (my home country):

Thierry Schmit has the ability to transform into a half-human, half-cat creature, gaining the feline features of a lion. In his werecat form he has heightened senses (including an unusually well defined sense of smell which he can use to track people by scent), increased strength, speed, stamina, agility, reflexes, and a slightly accelerated healing factor.
    RoudeLeiw_pv.png
    RoudeLeiw_hs.png

ATOMIUM from Brussels, Belgium:

Albert Franquin is able to alter the molecular structure of his body and transform it into the matter of any object he touches. He can duplicate the physical properties of both animate and inanimate objects and even certain forms of energy. This way he can turn into steel, stone, wood, glass, water, fire, snow, and silk – to name but a few – and also mimic the superpowers of others to a certain degree when he touches them.
    Atomium_pv.png
    Atomium_hs.png

MAQUIS from Paris, France:

Jacques Bertrand is a highly skilled telekinetic with the additional abilty to project fields of psionic force which he can manipulate into a number of forms whereby the complexity of the shapes is only limited by his ability to imagine or mentally visualize a particular form and keep it in mental focus. The sizes of his projections can range between that of a marble or a bullet and that of a dome with a mile in diameter. He can cause the surface of his fields to be very hard, depending on its thickness (steel-like at about 2.5 feet), or as resilient as foam rubber.
    Maquis_pv.png
    Maquis_hs.png

FORZA ITALIA from Rome, Italy:
    Francesco Fiore possesses superhuman physical strength, speed, stamina, agility, reflexes, and durability that are approximately 5 times greater than that of even the finest human athlete. He is also capable to boost one of these attributes at a time to its maximum for a short period and can thus for example reach supersonic velocities for a few minutes by further increasing his speed.
    ForzaItalia_pv.png
    ForzaItalia_hs.png

AGENT ORANGE (Agent Oranje) from Amsterdam, Holland (Netherland):

Rutger Van der Vaart’s body is that of living gas(es) and he can only achieve a human state again temporarily. This makes him nearly unable to live outside his specially built containment suit but makes him mostly invulnerable to physical harm at the same time. It gives him also the capability of transforming his body into any type of chemically produced or naturally occurring gas, either a pure elements or with complex compounds including mono-molecular mists.
    AgentOranje_pv.png
    AgentOranje_hs.png

DiCicatriz
    Participant

I am absolutely loving your international heroes! Their concepts all tie nicely with their home countries without being too heavy-handed and the patterns you’ve been doing on these costumes look great. Nice work!

JR19759
    Keymaster

I love the mask you’ve given Forza Italia, that’s got to be one of the best I’ve seen.

Anarchangel
    Participant

@JR19759 said:

I love the mask you’ve given Forza Italia, that’s got to be one of the best I’ve seen.

Agreed. It’s kind of Ultron-esque.

Legatus
    Participant

Ich werd mir die Tage mal deine gesamte Gallerie zu Gemüte führen. Wird sich lohnen.

Vampyrist
    Participant

You are easily one of the best costumers on here.

Mad Jack
    Participant

@DiCicatriz said:
    I am absolutely loving your international heroes! Their concepts all tie nicely with their home countries without being too heavy-handed and the patterns you’ve been doing on these costumes look great. Nice work!

Thanks! I try my best with both the concepts and the costumes. Smile

@JR19759 said:

Thank you! I’m just messing around with the items HM provides to achieve new and hopefully unique designs. Cool

@Anarchangel said:
    Agreed. It’s kind of Ultron-esque.

Now that you mention it – damned subconscious must have played a trick on me … Laugh

@Legatus said:
    Ich werd mir die Tage mal deine gesamte Gallerie zu Gemüte führen. Wird sich lohnen.

Ich hoffe es jedenfalls. Wer weiß, vielleicht kriege ich irgendwann auch mal endlich mal meine Website fertig gebacken, dann könnte man alles besser im Zusammenhang sehen. Aber das wird wohl leider noch etwas dauern, da ich mit jeder neuen Idee alles wieder umschmeiße und wieder von vorn anfangen muss… Confused

@Vampyrist said:
    You are easily one of the best costumers on here.

You’re too kind, but I see myself just as one of many. And I also think that you yourself don’t have to hide when it comes to this. Wink

ams
    Participant

You are putting the “machine’ back into Heromachine. Love your concepts. Any women heroes?

Mad Jack
    Participant

@ams said:
    You are putting the “machine’ back into Heromachine. Love your concepts. Any women heroes?

Wow – a compliment by one of the masters himself! Thank you very much!!! That means a lot to me since I really admire your work. Surprised

Yeah, the woman … I have a few but I always struggle with them. Err … I mean I kind of suck at handling the female items the right way so I do mostly men. Argh – that sounds ambiguous too, doesn’t it? Well, you know what I mean… Wink

But you and every other machiner are welcome to “transgenderize” (is that even a word?) any of my male characters. Guess you can go on a rampage there. Laugh

prswirve
    Participant

Your costuming is way beyond incredible…

Mad Jack
    Participant

@prswirve said:
    Your costuming is way beyond incredible…

Thank you! I learned from the best – and you’re certainly one of them! Laugh

BTW: Congrats on PUP-Status. I would have bet that you were already in the club. Smile

Lightningsword
    Participant

Do you still have the text of the helmet you used for Maquis? If so, may I borrow it? Thanks!

Mad Jack
    Participant

@Lightningsword said:
    Do you still have the text of the helmet you used for Maquis? If so, may I borrow it? Thanks!

Yes, I still have the text (I always save the code of my characters in text files on my harddrive) but no, you can’t have it. Not just because it’s inseparable from the rest of the character (too much masking) but for other reasons too – and no, I won’t discuss those reasons here since I do not want to flame. http://www.heromachine.com/wp-content/legacy/forum-smileys/sf-wink.gif

Lightningsword
    Participant

I understand. At least tell me how you do it. Of course, no one’s making you if you don’t want to.

Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 355 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.