Luc’s Big Pile of Random Stuff

Home Forums The HeroMachine Art Gallery Luc’s Big Pile of Random Stuff

Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 360 total)
  • Author

Luc

And now back to the Fears.

A brutal, savage beast… yet, the Rake is at least capable of human speech and is likely quite intelligent. It is theorised, however that the Rake has merely been putting on the “beast” act for a long time, and is far, far more intelligent than it lets on. It represents the fear of brutality and animals.

Rake.png

Luc

The fear of commitment, responsibility, and the loss of a loved one. The Unnamed Child becomes apart of her current victim’s family, by pretending to be an orphan that they decide to adopt. Then she slowly tears them apart.

Her victims slowly become more and more obsessed with caring for her, often at the expense of everything else in their lives. Then one day, she vanishes, leaving her victims lost, without purpose or hope.

Unnamed-Child.png

Luc

The Mother of Snakes isn’t just the fear of serpents, but the fear of what we are, what we have become, and what we might become. She is the fear of looking into the mirror and hating what you see. When you do, she is there to tempt you, to try to make you into the other side of the mirror, the darker side.

Mother-of-Snakes.png

Luc

Here’s a Fear some of you guys might recognise! Because who can forget this face? Or rather, lack-there-of.

The Slender Man is a faceless abomination who represents the fear of strangers and the unknown.

The Slender Man’s most common target is children or adults who saw him as a child. He has been seen with long arms, sometimes multiple ones. Sometimes his arms look like tentacles, sometimes like tree branches.

Slenderman.png

Luc

The fear of nothing. The Silent Void and Screaming Darkness. The Hole in All Things. The Quiet claims us all.

It manifests as a crack in reality, and has the ability to “unmake” things. It seems to be a mostly passive entity, with no real mind of its own.

Quiet.png

Luc

A perverse puppetmaster, The Wooden Girl is the fear of being controlled.

She takes the appearance of a girl with what appears to be wooden skin or a literal marionette with living strings wrapped around her body that also manifest within her victims.

Wooden-Girl.png

Luc

And finally, the last of my Heromachine homage to the Fear Mythos…

The fear of the future, of what is to come, of technology out of control. The Manufactured Newborn is the youngest of the Fears, but still as dangerous.

It can appear as a small mechanical toy, slowly building itself bigger and bigger (with inorganic and organic materials), until it’s big enough to open a portal to where its real body lies – a vast tower of clockwork and body parts, machinery a mile high.

Manufactured-Newborn.png

Scatman

concepts borderimg on dark and brilliant,insane despair and deep emptiness…I think writing might be something to think about.I would read anything if it is anything like your concepts!good stuff!

Luc

@Scatman said:

concepts borderimg on dark and brilliant,insane despair and deep emptiness…I think writing might be something to think about.I would read anything if it is anything like your concepts!good stuff!

If you’re refering to the Fears I can’t take credit for those, they were just my interpretations of some existing public domain concepts. I think I posted a link about them along with The Archangel. It’s some pretty interesting stuff, so if the concepts behind the Fears interest you it might be worth checking out.

Luc

And now here’s a new addition to FIEND since the Fears are complete. This one was pretty heavily inspired by the Tall Boys from Dishonored.

Walker
    What was initially an experiment in adapting Marvin’s alien cybernetics for human use quickly became an intimidating part of FIEND’s grunt force. Often times when the agents of FIEND take a hostage and ransoms for them aren’t paid, the hostage is strapped down to undergo several surgeries to turn them into a fearsome Walker… Though most Walkers aren’t exactly willing soldiers, they have no choice but to obey as their various cybernetics move their bodies against their will.

Walker.png
    Walker-Closeup.png

Luc

Sooo I decided to expand on the Fears thing a little more, this time with a few original creations of my own rather than my interpretations of the existing Fears.

The fear of authority, of those who hold power over you, and of being inferior. The Monarch manifests as a simple butterfly with abnormally long legs that follows its victims. Unlike most Fears it seems beneficial, bringing good fortune to those around it… Except its victims. Those targeted by The Monarch often grow mad from envy as those around them always seem to have everything better than them.

Monarch.png

Luc

The Locked Box is the fear of tight enclosed spaces, and helplessness. Some theorize it also serves as the Fear of being betrayed. It manifests as a large wooden box wrapped in chains and a padlock, with its key laying right in front of it. It lures its victims in by their own curiosity, and those who attempt to open the box instead find themselves pulled in and locked within it. The key is then left again as bait for its next victim as the inside of the box constantly shrinks smaller and smaller until the victim trapped inside has no room to move even a single muscle.

Locked-Box.png

Creepy stuff. I like it!

Luc

And now, the start of a sub-group within FIEND. Still working on a name for it, “_____ Academy” or something along those lines, any suggestions?

Headmaster
    Once he was one of the world’s most feared villains, a masked man with nearly indestructible skin and an intense hatred for society. But that was decades ago… Now he’s gotten old and grey, crippled still from the nuclear blast that finally managed to harm him. Even with the aid of special cybernetics to keep him alive he can no longer walk, bound to a wheelchair for what remains of his life… However, FIEND has managed to give him a new purpose by bringing him out of retirement to run a special, secret academy for gifted young rebels who could some day become powerful forces of evil…

Headmaster.png

Luc

As a little bonus, here’s Headmaster when he was in his prime as the indestructible menace, “Grave”.

Grave.png

Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 360 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.