Luc’s Big Pile of Random Stuff

Home Forums The HeroMachine Art Gallery Luc’s Big Pile of Random Stuff

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 360 total)
  • Author

Luc

Another deity for that modern fantasy world… Umiel, the god of strength and battle. More on him later as well.

Umiel.png

Luc

Another god for Dragonstongue, here’s Faren, god of the forge. More on him later.

Faren.png

Zerogarth

Great stuff, very creative! …btw, Umiel reminds me of Squall’s rival from FFVIII (forgot his name)

Luc

@Zerogarth said:

Great stuff, very creative! …btw, Umiel reminds me of Squall’s rival from FFVIII (forgot his name)

Damn, I’m gunna have to look that up now. Never really played FFVIII so can’t say I’m familiar with the character, but now you got me all curious.

Luc

Next up joining the other deities hanging around Dragonstongue is the Elfmother Adora, goddess of nature and mother of the Elven race. More on her later as well.

Elfmother-Adora.png

Zerogarth

She looks very godlike; her face and white eyes do the trick, and the transforming arms and wind aura make the rest : P

’bout the FFVIII character, his name’s Seifer Almasy, just look’d it up : )

Luc

Here’s one of the “heroes” of Dragonstongue, if you could call her a hero. Kaitlyn is a Goblin, descended from the great Goblin King of the old days. While Goblins are often regarded as weak and pathetic creatures, their king was one of the few members of their race respected by all society after having thwarted one of the many apocalypses to threaten the world, by challenging Umiel to combat one on one before he could wage war on all mortals. Umiel had no way of expecting the Goblin King to wield a blade crafted by Faren himself to be sharp enough to carve through even diamonds as if it was butter. Throughout each generation of his bloodline, the Goblin King’s sword had been passed down… And then it got into Kaitlyn’s hands. Kaitlyn, being a rather rebellious troublemaker, managed to shatter the sword’s blade while attempting to show off with it at a local bar. With the increasing threat of Nula being summoned Vano’s Necromantic Brotherhood, Kaitlyn has set off on a personal quest to fix her ancestor’s blade and get it into the hands of someone skilled enough to wield it against the goddess of the dead.

Kaitlyn.png

Vampyrist
    Participant

This whole Dragonstongue idea is really fantastic, and I may have to steal the premise of a modern day fantasy story.

Luc

A minor villain in Dragonstongue, Gnarl. He’s a briliant tactician and leader of the notorious Timber Mercenary Company, known for their complete lack of mercy, and their devotion to the nature goddess Adora. Very few have met with Gnarl face to face, as he is truly nothing more than a spirit capable of taking control and creating a temporary body from any near by plants. Currently he has been sealed away by some of the DTPD’s top Magus, thought the remaining agents of the Timber Mercenary Company are plotting an operation to set their leader free once more.

Gnarl.png

Luc

And here’s a standard Timber Mercenary Company agent.

TMC-Merc.png

Luc

Decided to enter this week’s contest… And of course being a Canadian I had to do something in honor of my home. But of course, being a tad on the weird side as well, I ended up making… Uh… This.

Luclucluc-Timbit.png

tls5669

@Luc said:

Back to that modernized fantasy world, here’s one of the major villains: Vano, leader of the terrorist organization known as the Necromantic Brotherhood. Throughout history the undead have always been summoned and used as mindless slaves up until a would-be necromancer’s summoning spell backfired and gave one of his ghouls full sentience. After murdering its master that ghoul grew in power to become one of the mightiest Lichs in history and lead many other ghouls and undead to revolt against their summoners by granting them the same gift of sentience he was mistakenly given. That Lich was Vano, who now plans a full scale revolution against the living by eventually unleashing the godess of the dead, Nula, to enslave the living and have revenge for how they enslaved the undead.

http://www.heromachine.com/wp-content/legacy/forum-image-uploads/lucjc/2012/06/Necromancer-Vano.png

How do you get the black on the end of his staff like that. I know how, just not as dark as you have it, how did you get it so dark. Every time I try it comes out gray, not black like you have it. Nice work BTW.

Luc

@tls5669 said:
    How do you get the black on the end of his staff like that. I know how, just not as dark as you have it, how did you get it so dark. Every time I try it comes out gray, not black like you have it. Nice work BTW.

I layered several black gradients on top of each other, I think. It’s been awhile since I made that one so I don’t remember exactly how I managed it. But I do know I used several of those background gradients rather than just one.

Luc

Reposting something from my old thread on UGO with an updated name for the 100th contest.

Luclucluc-Evil-Or-Something.png

I remember this one. Unconventional but awesome use of the application!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 360 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.