Linea24’s Astra Universe

Home Forums The HeroMachine Art Gallery Linea24’s Astra Universe

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 406 total)
  • Author

Linea24
    Participant

@Anarchangel Thanks for pointing that out. I thought of changing the color of the hair, but I couldn’t do it because any other color or shade I tried looked wrong.

Anarchangel
    Participant

Yeah I know what you mean. I’ve had a lot of trouble with fire over the years. It can be tricky to get it looking right. The only thing I can suggest is maybe throwing a little yellow in there somewhere.

Linea24
    Participant

Ok. I should try something like that. Thanks!

Linea24
    Participant

Ok, I’m going to go ahead and post profiles of each of the Felian races that have already appeared in my gallery, with a picture and a short description of each. There are both male and females of each race, but I only put the female because I’m not very good at either posing or dressing the men. Again, I greatly welcome any advice on the picture or the background information.

Drakan

http://www.heromachine.com/wp-content/legacy/forum-image-uploads/linea24/2013/07/Drakan.png

Close-up:
    http://www.heromachine.com/wp-content/legacy/forum-image-uploads/linea24/2013/07/Drakan-close-up.png

(I know, she looks like she’s scowling, but the highlight I put on the lip didn’t work on so well.)

Drakans are dragon-like humanoids with features from both dragons and faeries. They have wings that grow from the middle of their back. Their wings vary from bat-like wings to dragon-like wings. They have retractable claws on their hands and non-retractable claws on their feet. Their eyes are very similar to fairies, in that they have no visible irises. Their two most notable features, aside from their wings, are their skin and hair. Their skin is very thick, tough to pierce, and is highly resistant to high heat and fire. Usually, their skin is determined by the color of the wings. Their hair is almost always translucent and a mix of yellows, reds, and oranges.
    Drakans have a long history, much of it spent with the dragons & Volcano Felis and defending themselves against the fairies. The fairies and drakans dislike each other strongly, mainly because that both of them are avian races living near the sky.
    Drakan society is militaristic, but is concerned more in defending themselves than conquering. The young are raised by their family until they reach the drakan equivalent of 16 years of age, which is when they are able to fly successfully and breathe one of four forms of “energy”: lightning, fire, poison, or frost. Once they leave the care of their family, they receive a face marking in the form of the “energy” they can breathe. Sometimes, when a drakan is born at the same time as a dragon, that drakan is deemed to be “linked” to the dragon–mentally linked to where they can operate as one entity if they want– and is named a dracoguide and receives a dragon tattoo on their right arm.

Herr D
    Participant

Advice? Your drakan has a good look, maybe match the hair more to the head? Or is that supposed to be aural energy? If the latter, a fadeout or a pattern like magnetic force lines would be more clear. As to the face, I wouldn’t tell you anything–I have trouble making my OWN face readable.

Linea24
    Participant

@Herr D: It’s supposed to be a mixture of the two, actually, but I can see where you’re coming from. Next time I do a drakan, though, I’ll put something between the hair and the head.

I’ve decided to redo my very first character I posted: Lilac/Linea. I’ve put the original two pictures together as well as the two new ones I just did. Also, I’m going to enter it in the transformation contest.

Original:

Lilac-Rose_Linea-Original.png

Take 2:

Lilac-Rose_Linea-Take-2.png

For those of you who don’t know, Lilac Rose, who is the cat, is the original form and Linea, the human, is the alternate form.

Jeimuzu
    Participant

Love it! Lilac Rose looks both adorable and awesome Smile

Linea24
    Participant

Thanks Jeimuzu! By the way, is your profile picture pikachu?

Jeimuzu
    Participant

Yes it is a Pikachu Smile I love the face it’s making. I’m a big pokemon fan.

Linea24
    Participant

Same here, though I usually just play the games. Laugh

Jeimuzu
    Participant

Always nice to meet a fellow Pokémon fan Smile I can see a bit of pokemon inspiration in your creations.

Linea24
    Participant

Thanks. I never really thought of that part, though, except for the Felis ones, which were partially inspired by the eeveeloutions.

JR19759
    Keymaster

Your second take on Lilac/ Linea is really good, the shading is brilliant. I assume that the Eeveelution she was inspired by was Eevee it’s self (I can see Vaporeon and Flareon as well, but they haven’t done a flying type yet so not sure about Silver.)

Trekkie
    Participant

Fantastic shading on the second version of Linea. The extra details on Lilac’s face are nice touch, too.

Linea24
    Participant

@JR: Thanks. Yeah, Lilac was inspired in part by Eevee. Silver, though, was inspired by the idea of just having a flying cat. Some of the other Felis though, look a lot like their eeveelution inspirations (Plant Felis, Lake (Golden Rose), Icicle, etc).

@Trekkie
    : Thanks. I didn’t include the Felis markings on the first try since I couldn’t figure out to do them back then, but I really tried to get them in this time because they are a huge part of Felis society. I based the shading on her face off of a drawing I had done of her some time ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 406 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.