Linea24’s Astra Universe

Home Forums The HeroMachine Art Gallery Linea24’s Astra Universe

Viewing 15 posts - 271 through 285 (of 406 total)
  • Author

Herr D
    Participant

Mass Indecision dropped the rock on the inside of your new computer. That smashed the data files.

Linea24
    Participant

@Herr D: That…actually sounds like something Mass Indecision would do.Laugh

Ok, first picture after said incident above. It’s my first entry into the current contest on the blog.

Linea24-Rising-Faith-2.png

Song that inspired my entry:

Nug
    Participant

Very nice!

Linea24
    Participant

@Nug: Thanks!

I think this is my last contest entry:

Linea24-Fairy-Burst.png

Inspiration:

Linea24
    Participant

I was practicing shading, and I came out with this:

Drakairy-on-the-move.png

Close-up:
    Drakairy-on-the-move-close-up.png

I’m guessing that this is pretty much one of those characters that one creates without meaning to. I’m guessing she would be the product of a fairy and a drakan…”accident”. If anyone has any critques on her, or suggestions for a story, I’d greatly welcome it!

Herr D
    Participant

Suggestion #1: mask those gradients to a clear insignia, if you must, to keep them ‘inside the lines.’
    S

#2: darken that partly hidden boot some, it might clear up the visual confusion there.
    S

#3: have more accidents–lots more. http://www.heromachine.com/wp-content/legacy/forum-smileys/sf-smile.gif

Suggested story: “Dear old dad was shamed away from the drakka society. (Couldn’t breathe fire at all, poor sod!) He was living alone in a cold heap of iron pots when me mum came through. She very nearly died in an avalanche of iron, waking me dad, who spoke softly to her, telling her that he’d let her go if only she’d talk to him for a few minutes. Mum wasn’t about to speak, recognizing the sounds of his kind. So he moved those old iron pots one by one. Thousands of them. She was terrified but couldn’t move, surrounded by iron on every side. He found her and blew her outside rather than say anything else.
    –But he’d lived up to his end of the bargain. She couldn’t very well take something for NOTHING. They traded quite a bit after that first was settled. When she promised to help him with his insomnia, they wound up trying everything until the ONE thing worked. Dad slept, sure enough, but that left Mum having ME . . . “

Linea24
    Participant

Thanks, Herr D! I gotta say, you’re helped me a lot with my characters, and for all your help, I’m really grateful. And your story has given me a couple of ideas for my “drakairy” up there…Laugh

Edited version of Drakairy on the Move:

Drakairy-on-the-move-edited.png

JR19759
    Keymaster

That’s really cool. I love what you did with her hair and wings.

Linea24
    Participant

@JR: Thanks!

I just noticed that I had double-posted the edited version of Drakairy on the Move. Whoops Embarassed

Stulte
    Participant

I love Drakairy on the Move! Sorry to hear about your loss of data, that always sucks hard.

Viper
    Participant

That’s amazing. Love her hair, odd I know…

Linea24
    Participant

Thanks, Stulte and Viper!

Okay, I think I may have broken my personal record of both layers and time spent on a single piece.

Fairy Learning Magic:

http://www.heromachine.com/wp-content/legacy/forum-image-uploads/linea24/2014/07/Fairy-Learning-Magic.png

Close-Up:

http://www.heromachine.com/wp-content/legacy/forum-image-uploads/linea24/2014/07/Fairy-Learning-Magic-close-up.png

I love how it turned out, though. And I made a bigger picture with this one plus the drakairy:

All Societies:

http://th02.deviantart.net/fs70/PRE/f/2014/184/b/0/all_societies_by_gracethewriterartist-d7p3f5z.png

And yes, the fairy up there in pink is, indeed, a princess (but not the ruler).

Stulte
    Participant

Wow! It’s obvious you spent ages working on her. She looks amazing both alone and with Drakairy.

Linea24
    Participant

Thanks Stulte!

Thought I would do another custom-posed Felis, this time Blue Rose:

Blue-Rose-on-Guard-Watch.png

Jeimuzu
    Participant

Blue Rose on Gurad Watch looks freaking fantastic! I love the way Blue Rose is posed and those flames on the ears and tail look amazing. And great job on the background as well.

Viewing 15 posts - 271 through 285 (of 406 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.