Linea24’s Astra Universe

Home Forums The HeroMachine Art Gallery Linea24’s Astra Universe

Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 406 total)
  • Author

Stulte
    Participant

Great remake! I really like the backstory.

Linea24
    Participant

Thanks, Stulte! By the way, I really like your work too.

And here’s another superhero group (this time from Earth…well, mostly), Fantasy Force. This time, I’m going to post the group picture first, then the individual ones.

Fantasy Force

Fantasy-Force-group-pic-1.png

From left to right: Shield Rush, Oberon, Arthur, MysIllusion, Arsenal

The Fantasy Force is an elite group of superheroes who are pretty much Astra Earth’s answer to the Avengers. They respond to all large emergencies, and have paired up with the Warders on occasion. Three of them, MysIllusion, Oberon, and Arthur, have secret identities, while Arsenal and Shield Rush prefer to go public.

Stulte
    Participant

Now there’s a solid looking group! I really like the effect you achieved for the spirit (?) animals. May I ask how you did that?

Linea24
    Participant

@Stulte: Thanks! And by the way, the spirit animals are just projections. If you want to, here’s the text to a projection similar to MysIllusion.

HeroMachine 3 Character
    Fri Apr 25 17:16:22 GMT-0400 2014

0xffffff
    0xffffff
    0xffffff
    0xffffff
    0xffffff
    0xffffff
    0xffffff
    0xffffff
    0xffffff
    0xffffff
    0xffffff
    0xffffff
    0xffffff
    0xffffff
    0xffffff
    0xffffff
    0xffffff
    0xffffff
    0xffffff
    0xffffff
    0xffffff
    0xffffff
    0xffffff
    0xffffff
    0xffffff
    0xffffff
    0xffffff
    0xffffff

InsigniaTattooAnimals1

Insignia
    TattooAnimals

InsigniaTattooAnimals1

Insignia
    TattooAnimals

InsigniaTattooAnimals1

Insignia
    TattooAnimals

BackgroundShapes27

Background
    Shapes

Stulte
    Participant

I can’t seem to enter that text into the Machine, but I did manage to get the idea from the text alone. Thanks for sharing!

Linea24
    Participant

You’re welcome! Guess I still need to learn how to post text right.

mattisagamer
    Participant

Nice posing of Arthur in the Fantasy Force!

Linea24
    Participant

@matt: Thanks!

Here’s MysIllusion:

MysIllusion-2.png

Close-Up:
    MysIllusion-close-up.png

Name: Tristina Martinez
    Aliases: MysIllusion, MI (DEFINITELY NOT to be confused with the other MI, Mass Indecision)
    Alignment: Superheroine
    Associations: Fantasy Force
    Powers/Skills: Mental projection, tele-suggestion, telepathy, limited telepresence and telekinesis through “spirit animal” projections

MysIllusion is a mysterious character. The only things her teammates know about her are that she’s Hispanic, she can manipulate thoughts, and that she can get things done quickly. Because of her iffy powers, she is often the subject of suspicion, most often by Shield Rush, because everyone else in the group has at least some form of resistance to mental meddling. But only Oberon and Arthur are fully-immune to her tele-suggestion (for reasons I will explain when I get to them). Most people, though, believe that MysIllusion’s whole appearance is a facade, even though all she does is change how her facial features look. There are even some rumors that she does not sleep or eat or even have a secret identity. Believe me, she does.
    One of MysIllusion’s more interesting powers is her ability to create small projections she calls “spirit animals” (shout-out to Stulte for giving me the idea of that name). They are not actually spirits of anything, though, but rather limited projections of her own mental state, to the point where she can interact with others around a spirit animal easily.
    Again, as I said, MI keeps her secret identity very secret, even among her teammates. The only one who actually knows her secret identity is Oberon, and that’s because he can see through her illusions.

RobM
    Participant

I love your approach to color. It’s soft and beautiful and immediately recognizable as your work. MysIllusion’s broach is also particularly well executed.

hawk007
    Participant

Very cool characters! I also really like how your style, and almost your quality, has stayed almost the same (if anything, you’ve gotten better), but the characters are still awesome!

Linea24
    Participant

@RobM and hawk: Thanks! It’s nice to hear that I have a signature style.

Ok, I had fun with this guy.

Oberon

Oberon.png

Name: Yvet Magicnone (Felian); Yvett Magione (Terran)
    Aliases: Oberon
    Alignment: Superhero, fairies
    Associations: Fantasy Force, Felinae
    Powers/Skills: No powers, nor magic. Excellent marksmanship, flight

Oberon is a fairy (yes, the Felian kind). He’s on Earth because of the Exchanged Protection Clause of the Earth-Felianti Treaty that states that random Felians/Antians are to help in the protection of Earth, and vice versa.
    Oberon, back on Felinae, was known as Yvet Magicnone, the magic-less watcher of the fairy magic generator of Lin. He was born “without magic”, or, in other words, unable to tap into the natural magical aures that surround every Felian. Fairies are usually born with a natural sense of magical aures, but Yvet was born without this magical “sixth sense.” This lack of a magical “sixth sense” has made life for Yvet hard, especially when everyone around him is able to detect and use magic skillfully except himself. He was often the subject of witless nicknames and humorless jokes in magical studies. Even his tutors considered him to be a waste of time. When he was mature enough to seek out work, the only work he could find was being the watcher of a minor magic generator in the middle of the desolate cloud of Lin. But despite all of this tragedy, Yvet’s magical depravity would soon turn into one of his more notable qualities.
    When the search for candidates to go to Earth, the High Fairy Seberarine declared that the number one quality that was needed for a candidate was an absence of magical ability. However, fairies who had no magical ability were almost unheard of. So when he heard that the High Fairy was looking for fairies without any magical competence, Yvet had flown to the capital cloud of Querse to present himself.
    Yvet was not the only fairy without magical talent to appear before High Fairy Seberarine, however. At least three more had shown up, and because of that, Yvet and them went through several trials to prove which one of them was the best one to represent the fairies on Earth. Yvet had came out of the trials victorious, and was named the fairies’ candidate for Exchanged Protection.
    When Yvet came to Earth, he joined up with Fantasy Force right away, as they were looking for a replacement for Fox, who was the Terran that traded places with Yvet on Felinae. Yvet picked Oberon as his name with Fantasy Force and the name Yvett Magione as his secret identity. The reason he picked the name Oberon is that he found the name while reading Terran legends and stories about fairies.
    Oberon quickly gained popularity on Earth and was known for his no-kill policy and his non-lethal lightning pistol. He rarely flew, and soon grew to be know as the Lightning Ranger. But although he is an alien, only the other members of Fantasy Force and a couple others outside of the group know about this. To everyone else, he is a angel whose come to help Earth.
    Also, he’s the only current member of Fantasy Force who does not need to wear the group insignia. As for how he keeps his alien appearance hidden during everyday life? He uses a cloaking device to give him the appearance of a normal human.

Linea24
    Participant

Shield Rush
    ShieldRush.png

Name: Johnithan West
    Aliases: Shield Rush
    Alignment: Assumed superhero
    Associations: Fantasy Force
    Powers/Skills: Can create forcefields; uses generators to control the shape of his forcefields

Johnithan West has been a villian, as well as a hero at times. He often switches sides for reasons known only to himself. Right now, he is on the side of Fantasy Force, but his other teammates feel like he is going to be switching sides any moment now, as he has recently been growing more and more suspicious of his teammates, especially Oberon and MysIllusion.
    Johnithan has always been paranoid about those around him, especially people who have psychic powers and foreigners. Right before he joined Fantasy Force, he was a mercenary for hire, and many of the jobs he would take dealt with guarding something most of the time. He occasionally would get a job where he had to retrieve an item, but that was it. Throughout his short time as a mercenary, Johnithan grew to be suspicious of any and all people with psychic powers. It’s best if one does not go into detail of what happened to him during those years.
    Up until Oberon joined Fantasy Force, Shield Rush’s paranoia had been dormant, despite MysIllusion having psychic powers. But ever since Oberon revealed his alien identity to the members of Fantasy Force, Shield Rush’s paranoia has started to become more and more apparent, and the rest of Fantasy Force has started to anticipate the day Shield Rush betrays or leaves the group.

Jeimuzu
    Participant

I’m really digging your Fantasy Force group. They look so great together and the spirit animal projections are just too cool. I love that yellow design you did on Shield Rush’s outfit.

Linea24
    Participant

@Jeimuzu: Thanks! That means a lot coming from you.

I’m going to leave the Fantasy Force alone for now, as Arthur and Arsenal’s bio’s are not that much.

Long War’s End

Long-Wars-End.png

And So It Begins…

And-So-It-Begins....png

I’m just going to let these speak for themselves…

Stulte
    Participant

Fine work! I’m a sucker for both silhouettes and characters who look like they have gone through hell. There’s also some nice symbolism in the skies in the background. Very cool scenes!

Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 406 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.