Linea24’s Astra Universe

Home Forums The HeroMachine Art Gallery Linea24’s Astra Universe

Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 406 total)
  • Author

Linea24
    Participant

Okay, I have another picture. This one is more of an “after-the-fall” picture, as well as a redo.

Xevina

Xevina.png

(If she looks familiar, it’s because Xevina was the first drakan to appear in my gallery, although she had no name back then)

I don’t have a real background for her, just that she was struck in the left wing with lightning from a fairy’s spell, and she is now well enough to fly again.

I think I did pretty well on the hair for once. Drakan hair drives me nuts sometimesConfused

And if you’re curious about what her first appearance was like:

fairy-and-drakan-fight-part-2.png

JR19759
    Keymaster

Her hair looks like fire, which is a pretty cool effect. And I like the use of insignias as embellishments (for want to a better word) on the costume. Nice one.

The Atomic Punk
    Participant

I like your Drakans. Xevina is our next story. Soon, but I’m off to celebrate! Happy Halloween, everyone!

Linea24
    Participant

@JR: Thanks! I was trying to get her hair to seem more substantial and not appear to be detached.

@Atomic
    Punk: Glad you like them Smile Hope you have fun!

Linea24
    Participant

Thought I’d post the main character of my NaNoWriMo novel.

Alyssa Richard

Alyssa-Richard.png

I didn’t want to shade her because my novel takes place in a neo-classical era.
    Just wondering, but what the heck would someone call the red-coat-thingy she’s wearing??

The Atomic Punk
    Participant

A drape or (loosely) a shawl.

I believe the best term would be a “capelet.”

Linea24
    Participant

@Atomic Punk: Thanks! I needed to know what the term was because I mention it quite a few time throughout the story.

Linea24
    Participant

Got bored and tried my hand at a custom cat pose. Will say, cat profiles are a little harder than humanoid profiles.

Plant Felis

Plant-Felis.png

(I don’t think I like how that hind leg came out. I hate doing hind legs, whether it’s drawing or HMing)

Plant Felis are the Felis guardians of nature. They are a nomadic element, using the seasons to know when to move to their next destination. They are rarely seen, as they must be able to be exposed to Seda’s (name of the star that Felinae/Antia orbit) rays as much as possible.
    Plant Felis are not animals, but rather, they are plants with the ability to move, feel emotions, and think for themselves. They are often found on the plains with the Solar Felis, since the Light Felis have the ability to manipulate radiant energy and electromagnetic waves (not sure if they are the same or different).
    A Plant Felis’ appearance changes with the season, their tail and head flowers wilting and growing with the respective season. Their skin color is usually a hue of green, brown, yellow, or orange, depending on the season they were born in.
    Plant Felis have control over plants. They can use them in a number of ways, including creating shelter, healing, and sending messages, as well as the usual attacking and defending.
    Plant Felis have little belongings, since they can create most of their minor needs with the plants around them.

And yes, these guys do do photosynthesis.

The Atomic Punk
    Participant

Nice, but not quite sure about the head. Looks like the leaves are behind the head rather than on top. Maybe try to make it look more like a mane for a 3-D effect?

Linea24
    Participant

@Atomic Punk: I saw what you meant about the leaves. Thanks for pointing them out to me

Plant-Felis-revised.png

Decided to do a slight revision, based on Atomic Punk’s observation and my frustration with that right leg.

Calvary_Red
    Participant

Very cool characters. Grace looks like a Trainer i’d like to battle. Nuzlockers have to be good.

Linea24
    Participant

@Calvary Red: Thanks! I got up to the Elite 4 when I lost my game. I had around 15 Pokemon who died, and one of my Pokemon had caught Pokerus, so I was actually doing pretty well up until I lost my game card.

The Atomic Punk
    Participant

Next step, I didn’t think of it before. Add left legs for a more striking pose. Then again, a plant that can morph itself into a cat doesn’t necessarily have to have four legs. Maybe it does hop around on just two without actual consideration for dimensions (9 inches long, 6 inches tall, 1/4-inch wide?). Which would make it look like an exaggerated animal cracker. Depending on your direction.

The extra leaves add that subtle touch which makes the head more convincing. Thanks for considering my observation.

Linea24
    Participant

I was going to add the other two legs, but I couldn’t position them well enough for my liking. (Btw, it’s actually a “cat” with the properties of a plant, not a plant with shape-shifting abilities) Glad you suggested the thing about the leaves, though. That really did help.

Herr D
    Participant

According to the unquestionable authority of Garfield, cats are already solar-powered. I would like to know whether that one still laps up dairy–they may not qualify as mammalian otherwise.

Something I sometimes use to copy weird shapes, like human faces? Size up a window beside your work of a model. Lots of cat poses on sites like Photobucket are there for the modeling.

Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 406 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.