Lady Amaranth's Creations

Home Forums The HeroMachine Art Gallery Lady Amaranth's Creations

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 82 total)
  • Author

Lady Amaranth
    Participant

Elsapeth – Dryad

My character Elsapeth reimagined as a dryad. Mostly a pose test to see how well I could make her emerge from the tree. I really like how it came out. On a side note I also wanted to experiment with a new hair color on her. Went for that maple leaf red and I think I prefer it over the blonde.

Lady Amaranth
    Participant

Thanks Vampyrist!

Anarchangel
    Participant

Well god damn.

Your work is awesome.

🙂

Lady Amaranth
    Participant

Mira Swift is a Chinese-American bounty hunter that goes by the alias “Tigress”. Born and raised in Chinatown in New York City, she was a police officer for 10 years. She became unhappy with the department’s sluggish process in cleaning up the city. Possessing great martial art talent and a deadly aim, she found that she was better suited for vigilante work. On the Chinese New Year she took on the name Tigress, after the animal the year was dedicated too, and had the symbol of the tiger tattooed onto her lower back. Now she stalks NYC’s most wanted at night.

I know the katana is a Japanese sword. I spent a while trying to make a Chinese sword but none of the blades really looked right so I kinda just said screw it and went with this instead.

Pose was inspired by CantDraw. If you look on page 34 of his thread you can check out his picture. Also the text file for Elsapeth is down below. I forgot to upload it when I posted her. I’ll also toss in the text file for Amaranth too.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Lady Amaranth
    Participant

Thanks Anarchangel! Glad you like it!

Note: I guess the Elsapeth file couldn’t load. All well. Should also mention Mira was made for the Chinese Zodiac CDC contest here: http://www.heromachine.com/2018/04/15/cdc-361-chinese-zodiac/#comment-121666

Lady Amaranth
    Participant

Solona the tattooed witch.

Solona is my Pathfinder witch character. She has a Raven familiar that is not pictured here simply because I don’t like the Heromachine birds. Design wise I highlighted her hair to separate it from the dark background. It also emphasizes the purple hue in the hair. Had fun trying to create her cauldron and the liquid in it. I was tossing around ideas of having her adding ingredients, but I thought having her summoning something from a finished brew looked cooler.

Attachments:

Lady Amaranth
    Participant

Afia Tawazun

Afia is a Sudani-Egyptian explorer/tomb raider. In her early teens she was a runaway who joined up with a travelling carnival as an acrobat. Her amazing skills got her a one-time offer to be the first in a team to explore a newly opened tomb. The risk was very high but so was the reward money. She quickly discovered she had a knack for evading traps and scaling the treacherous passageways of those long lost temples. She was hired full time and now rescues ancient relics from thieves and terrorist organizations who would steal or destroy humanity’s history.

You can think of her as a Robin x Lara Croft hybrid character. The above pic is of her flying away on a helicopter after a mission.

Attachments:

Suleman
    Participant

Nice color work! I also like the action pose overall. I really dig this.

Some thoughts:

Her left knee and ankle seem off to me. I’d figure they would be angled upwards like her right leg is. Right now they seem to be twisted uncomfortably, to me.

The line color of her gloves is a bit dark, making them pop from the rest of her design in a weird way. Maybe try a lighter line color, see if that does anything?

Her heels are pretty big for laracrofting, but I can understand that as a stylistic choice.

Lady Amaranth
    Participant

Thanks Suleman!

Yeah the knees been bugging me a bit too. I used this image as a reference for the pose: https://yuchenghong.deviantart.com/art/Val-Queen-of-Thieves-LV4-482047329

I think the reason the tilt works in that picture though is because you’re looking down on the subject vs looking at the side in mine. I’ll likely end up updating it since it’s an easy flip, lol.

Edit: Yep I flipped it and it looks better. Changed the glove lines too. All in all your suggestions were right on.

Lady Amaranth
    Participant

Searine

Another update of Searine, my 4th and 5th edition D&D tiefling warlock. Did do some costume tweaks, but mostly wanted to redo the pose and give her better shading.

Attachments:

Lady Amaranth
    Participant

Searine should she ever be possessed by the demon Szereban. She’s hotter, redder, and oh so much badder.

Her backstory:

Searine was concieved by a demon-worshiping cult that made up a small rural village. She was born a tiefling as a product of the town’s work, and she was raised with the purpose to pledge herself to a powerful demonic patron. The town hoped that she would eventually house the demon lord, who in turn would bestow the cultists with the power to destroy and conquer the lands around them. They kept her locked up in a cellar to prevent her from running away. The night before her 18th birthday, the day she would have to make the pledge, she prayed to the stars for any diety to spare her from her fate.

That night Mystra, goddess of magic, answered her call. The goddess sent onto her one of her underlings, an elder being. In trade for Searine’s pact it would give her the power necessary to escape.

She has been on the run ever since. The cultists still hunt her. In conversation she never mentions her last name as Szereban is the name of the demon. She fears that the name can draw the demon’s attention. Searine hopes to find a lost lore that will hide her from the demon and his minions once and for all.

Attachments:

RobM
    Participant

Awesome stuff. Your use of color and the fact that you don’t use black lines really gives you an identifiable style.

Lady Amaranth
    Participant

Thanks RobM!

Forgot to upload this weeks CDC #367 entry here too. CDC link: http://www.heromachine.com/2018/06/03/cdc-367-team-building-part-6/

Nakami Eiko

Nakami Eiko is the descendent of a long line of master assassins and ninja. In ancient times, her family was well known for being samurai slayers. They’d take their helms as trophies and wear them on their next hunt. In modern times, she works as an assassin for hire worldwide.

She has over time retrofitted her family’s traditional uniform with advanced alloys that make her sturdier yet still lightweight. This gives her a much needed edge when facing off against the world’s super humans. Her two favorite weapons are her grandfather’s katana and her custom sniper rifle.

Other: Nakami can be translated to “sword” or “blade” in English. And elements of her top were borrowed from one of Anarchangel’s characters so check out their thread if you haven’t yet. Cool stuff there.

Attachments:

Anarchangel
    Participant

Man, I really wish I was half as good at making scenes for my characters as you are. I don’t even bother with backgrounds but you do them so well. The characters themselves are even better though. 🙂

Lady Amaranth
    Participant

@Anarchangel: Thanks man! Honestly you can make decent backgrounds using only 5 pieces. It just takes some experimenting. You can think of it as standing surface, near scenery, distant landscape/scenery, sky/backwall, and atmosphere effect. Anything beyond that is just extra, but I consider those the 5 min pieces you need for a decent background. If your character is inside a room then you can eliminate distant landscape so long as there are no windows.

Adellyn Aristath

My 5th edition DnD bard, Adellyn. I wanted to make something more colorful than usual. I figured this character’s wild tropical reef palette made her a good candidate.

Backstory:

Adellyn is one of five noble triton daughters. Her father was hardened towards the surface races after the tritons lost the war over the strait 100 years ago. While he rambles at length over allying with other sea dwelling races to reclaim thier lost land, Adellyn can’t help but feel that the lesser races would make better students than subdued rivals.

Strong headed and ambitious, she has set out to the surface with the goal of proving to her father that the surface races possess the ability to learn the refined ways of the tritons. She is more than willing to travel far and wide to explore every crevice of the dry world. However, her life in the sea has rendered her completely ignorant of surface life. The complete wonder she has towards it all in addition to her lack of experience often overwhelms her common sense and renders her naive.

Attachments:
Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 82 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.