Lady Amaranth's Creations

Home Forums The HeroMachine Art Gallery Lady Amaranth's Creations

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 82 total)
  • Author

Vampyrist
    Participant

Elsapeth is outstanding and congratulations!

JR19759
    Keymaster

Well done on winning the contest.

If I may, there are a few things that could be improved on in this picture, mainly with the background. Firstly, you missed a trick by not putting a shadow under her when you have a background and you’ve shaded both the body and the background. Just a resized gradient circle would do, nothing too drastic, but not having the shadow makes the character look like it’s super-impossed onto the background, kinda like 70’s greenscreen.

Secondly, I don’t think you chose the right floor. If you were going for grass, then I think the carpet floor or the sand floor are better for short grass textures than a rocky floor with a pattern (I tend to avoid using the on item patterns because they never give the effect you really want) or there are a few floors in the Landscapes section of the Backgrounds that are really good forest floors. Also, you could have mixed it up a bit with the fallen leaves, rotated one of the items and maybe added some leaves from the ItemsRight- Energy, because as they are they look too uniform to have fallen naturally.

But other than those bits, it’s really good and definately deserved to win the contest (no disrespect meant to the other entrants). Keep up the good work.

Herr D
    Participant

Yah. Very good.

Another way to make a background like the leaves look better is to use a really high number of layers with only one trait slightly different each and a random distance and direction away.

Anarchangel
    Participant

I can’t believe I’ve never checked out this thread before. You have some really nice stuff here.

Lady Amaranth
    Participant

Thanks for all the tips. I admit I did intend to add a shadow under her. It somehow slipped my mind. I definitely will try your carpet idea though in the future.

Lady Amaranth
    Participant

My two entries into the “NOT” Jedis and Siths CDC Contest: http://www.heromachine.com/2017/06/26/character-design-challenge-327-rpg-character-classes-final-round-jedis-and-siths/

They are also characters of mine from Knights of the Old Republic franchise both online and not.

Entry #1: “Warden” Iris Kryton

Warden Iris Kryton

Warden Iris Kryton

Iris Kryton was a former galactic bounty hunter. She and her gang of mercenaries made their name taking out the universe’s most dangerous criminals. They had a “kick in the door” style and a general disregard for public property. Still, for all their flaws they had a perfect contract completion record, and Iris always ensured that innocent bystanders never made it into the body count. She was perceived as emotionally hardened but not apathetic.

Such was her life until their last contract. She and her gang were tracking down a powerful “biotic” that was terrorizing colonies on some planet on the far rim of known space. They easily located the fugitive by following the trail of his destruction. The battle that ensued lasted for several hours, but Iris’s gang had finally cornered the biotic. In a final act of desperation, the fugitive started to channel the last of their power to turn themselves into a living bomb. While her team ran for cover, Iris noticed out of the corner of her eye a scared child hiding behind some rubble. She dashed toward the child, covering them with her own body. The biotic unleashed his energy in a massive wave. Suddenly, out of an intense desire to protect the child, something awoke inside Iris. A protective field of force covered them countering the biotic’s energy wave.

Once the rubble cleared she and the child were all who were left standing. After minutes of silence Iris heard wheezing nearby, “Miss…miss. Here.” Quickly approaching the sound she encountered an older man dying under the debris from a collapsed building. “You process… a growing power within you. If… if you do not seek the appropriate training… *wheeze* you will end up much like the man who did this… Head… *cough* head for the Tahl System.”

Iris heeded the man’s words. She took the child to the next settlement and then left for Tahl. Hidden on one of its planets she found a few spires sticking above the trees. The spires turned out to be a secret academy for individuals with biotic abilities. Upon explaining the former events, she was welcomed into the academy on the condition that she give up her bounty hunting ways. They told her that the academy helps those in need to keep a universal balance, not for profit. Iris accepted the terms and began her new life journey. She learned her new abilities with some difficulty and endless determination. Already being accustomed to heavy armor, she elected to join the Warden branch of the academy.

Having traded in her jet boots for biotic jumps and her plasma rifle for twin plasma sabers, she now travels the galaxy protecting the innocent. She kept the wrist rocket launchers though. Some problems are just best solved with pocket-sized explosives.
    Entry #2: “Sage” Mirrage

Sage Mirrage

Sage Mirrage

Mirrage while human looking, was actually born to an off-shoot race that stemmed from humans. This race grew to become more in tune to the life force of the universe and are as such natural “biotics”. A unique adaptation of theirs is use of biotics to see the world and auras of living things around them instead of physical eyes.

Mirrage was an orphan left with in the care of an establishment for homeless children. At a young age her natural abilities started to manifest. She was reserved and didn’t really connect with any of the other kids. This left her with few friends and a long line of potential bullies. She proved to be more than a match the first time others attempted to push her around. The bully’s attempt to make her known as “no-eyes” got him launched across the play field 20ft.

The owners sought out aid with how to deal with such an usual and temperamental child. One woman they met in the town’s archives offered to take her to a place where they train individuals with such abilities. Having no other choice, the owners allowed the woman to take the child. As such Mirrage was taken to a secret academy in the Tahl System.

She excelled in her lessons and learned new techniques with ease. However, her mentors were given unease by her quick temperament. In instances when she became frustrated her powers would become wild and uncontrolled, and they sometimes lead to the injury of others. They tried many things to curb her anger. They forced her to engage in social activities to try to make friends and to attend meditation sessions. They even installed a red crystal into her plasma saber as a token of shame. Mirrage’s mental state remained yet unchanged.

Due to her inability to control herself, rumors began to circle about Mirrage potentially being exiled from the academy. Normally this would involve severing one’s connection to the life force of the universe. Realizing the inevitable future, Mirrage fled before a ruling on the subject could be made.

She now travels the galaxy fleeing the academy’s masters. She tries to use her abilities for good but her temperament leads to mixed results. Some know her as a bringer of justice, and others know her as an uncontrolled storm of destruction and death.

Lady Amaranth
    Participant
    Amorie - Old

Amorie – Old

Amorie

Amorie

Here’s another one of my remakes. Amorie was a Rouge Construct in the Dungeon Keepers forum roleplay that I mentioned before. Rouge Constructs were characters that you created for the purpose of serving another Keeper.

Amorie served the blizzard-themed Keeper that lived in the northern lands. She was a vampiric succubus who was granted ice-related abilities by her master. Among her powers were supernatural seduction, levitation, healing through drinking blood, vocal mimicry, she could take the form of a black-haired human woman, or an ice form that made her near-invisible, and forming ice weapons out of thin air.

Personality wise she was witty and sadistic. She preyed upon both male and female humans often pulling cruel “pranks” on them before feeding. Her seduction was powerful enough to even have some influence on Keepers and other Constructs. She was mostly a spy for her master due to her forms and mental abilities.

Lady Amaranth
    Participant
    Amorie's human form.

Amorie’s human form.

Above is Amorie’s human female form. She often assumes this disguise when she needs to feed, luring men and women alike into dark alleys or empty inn rooms. It is also used when her master needs her to spy on settlements that he desires sacking.

Funkmachine7
    Participant

Wow

lizziek76
    Participant

<span lang=”el”>χρονών είναι σοφός</span><b></b><i></i><u></u>

Age is wisdom!  Beautiful.  Happy to see a griffon as well 🙂

Lady Amaranth
    Participant
    Trinity Hearne

Trinity Hearne

I made Trinity for the CDC #329 Bite Me! The goal was to create an original vampire character. Trinity started as an old VTM gangrel character of mine. The story below was for the challenge. The actual campaign she was in was several years long and thus contains too many details to actually write down.

Character Design Challenge #329 – Bite Me! – Results

Trinity was always told that she descended from a long line of famous tenacious hunters and that the profession even birthed her family’s surname. Living in the modern age, she never suspected that she would ever have a reason to follow in her ancestor’s footsteps. However, through a series of traumatic events the way of the hunter became her calling.

As far as vampires go, Trinity is very young having only been inflicted for 7 years. She was a 24 year old college student the night she was turned when walking back to her dorm well past dark. The attack was as quick as it was vicious. In the before she could mutter a sound she was grabbed and pulled into an abandoned house. The monster wasted no time exposing her neck by pulling her hair and shoulder. It bit down with twin fangs. A hot liquid entered the wounds quickly rendering her paralyzed. The creature left after it thought it had drained her when in fact she was still barely hanging on. The process of turning was slow and excruciating. What lasted a few hours felt like an eternity of torment to Trinity.

When it was done she was frightened to discover what had happened to her. When she could move again she clawed at her silver necklace that now burned her and tossed it away. She knew of mythical monsters that drank blood and hunted at night but surely such things weren’t actually real. At home she quickly discovered that they in fact were when she went to was the blood away from her wounds to find she had no reflection.

Trinity acted quickly, taping her blackout curtains to the walls to ensure that no sunlight could make it in once dawn broke. She spent the rest of the night online looking for a cure or fix of some sort. Needless to say she found none. On one remote forum however she discovered her salvation. “Night stalkers” the group called themselves. They claimed to be a group of vampires turned vampire hunters. Intrigued Trinity lurked the site for hours learning the tools she would need to begin this new journey of hers. She contacted one of the members wanting to learn how to curb her growing hunger and to seek revenge upon the creatures that forced this curse upon her.

From then on Trinity lived up to her surname and trained to be one of the best vampire hunters in existence. She specializes in urban hunting and works restlessly to clear the dark alleyways of the monsters that lurk in the night.

Lady Amaranth
    Participant

Divine – Art trade

I had an art trade with AMS and this my version of his character Divine. I loved her skirt so I left that untouched and messed around a bit with the rest of the outfit. I gave her a more deceptive feel by having her blow a kiss while hiding the dagger behind her back. It was a lot of fun trying to figure out how he pulled off different details of her design.

ams
    Participant

Here is my take on SIGIL.  Hope you like.  Text file is also on the bottom of pic.

Cheers!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Lady Amaranth
    Participant

Wow! Sigil is awesome! He feels like he has a Dr. Strange theme about him. I think it’s due to the long coat and energy between the hands. Love it!

Herr D
    Participant

Ooh. Keep trading. I like.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 82 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.