Kaylin’s Characters

Home Forums The HeroMachine Art Gallery Kaylin’s Characters

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 129 total)
  • Author

Kaylin88100
    Participant

New series: The Night Circus

First, the Fortune Teller:

Trekkie
    Participant

Love her veil! And those cards look great. Laugh

Kaylin88100
    Participant

Thanks. It took a bit of work to get the veil right, actually – it’s two headgear items, both masked, and a skirt. The cards were easy in comparison.

I’m worried that her head blends too much into the background. What do you think?

The fortune teller is a great character! That hood is fantastic, I hadn’t even considered using that skirt item for that purpose. You might be right about the ‘blending into the background’ thing though. If you want my two cents, I’d start with giving her a brighter hair color. Might make it ‘pop’ more behind that veil.

Kaylin88100
    Participant

Thanks, I’ll try that. Smile Maybe red or blonde?

Both would work from an image point-of-view. But I think red might be better suited to the character.

Kytana

@Kaylin88100 said:

Thanks, I’ll try that. http://www.heromachine.com/wp-content/legacy/forum-smileys/sf-smile.gif Maybe red or blonde?

Take red, but dark hair and take a lighter color glow. Also make the curtain in the background black and take the same patterns like the cards. I think that looks better.
    But you must know what you more like.

Harlekin

Nice one. If i give a little advice i change the color of the background full back and the curtain color to red. Need something wich separate the character for the background.

Kaylin88100
    Participant

I think you might be on to something. No red, though. It doesn’t fit the theme.

Kaylin88100
    Participant

How’s this, guys?
    Night-Circus-Fortune-Teller-1.3.png

I think it’s better now.

Kytana

Better but the curtain or the cloths must definite have a other color. Like black curtain and green Top, its a good mixture i think.
    But ok its your turn.

Kaylin88100
    Participant

The idea of the Night Circus is that it’s a black and white theme, so that’s the reason I’m sticking to those colours.

Blue Blazer
    Participant

I think it looked fine before. The darkness behind the veil adds to the mystery and intrigue of the character, and I for one had no trouble distinguishing her dark hair from the dark background.

Kaylin88100
    Participant

Thanks for the feedback, BB. I’ll leave both versions up for now.

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 129 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.