JR’s Characters

Home Forums The HeroMachine Art Gallery JR’s Characters

Viewing 15 posts - 1,141 through 1,155 (of 2,063 total)
  • Author

djuby
    Participant

The facial expressions and body language is so cool. They have life and attitude.

Lightningsword
    Participant

What they said.

JR19759
    Keymaster

Thanks guys.

Anyway, I’m now doing the write up for the video I posted a few pages back (it’s part of my uni course so I have to do a write up) and, as fun as it is doing a dissertation on heromachine, you try explaining how the masking tool works to someone who’s never used heromachine before, in an academic fashion I might add. It’s….. a tad hard. Especially as I’m used to talking about musical stuff academically rather than visual stuff.

Stulte
    Participant

“The things that are masked to things are restricted to those things, but things that are masked to the masked things aren’t restricted to those things.”

Yeah, I’m no help…

Lightningsword
    Participant

“When one item, like a insignia, is masked to another one, like a body part, the insignia will be enclosed in the body, so any part of the insignia that normally goes out of the body’s borders will just disappear.” Does that help? And use images. That’s a big help.

JR19759
    Keymaster

Thanks guys. In the end I just went with a round about way of explaining it and then included a tutorial with pictures in the appendix, saved a lot of time (and words towards the word count) that way.

Anyway, lookit JR’s done a thing for once, rather than just rambling.
    Yet more redesigning, this time I’m gonna go back over my LGBT team PRIDE, because I can and I want to. This time I’m gonna go with a more everyday sort of look. This should be fun.

Lets kick off with Nike.
    http://www.heromachine.com/wp-content/legacy/forum-image-uploads/jr19759/2014/05/Nike-RD.png

Tell you one thing; I’d absolutely love it if we got an out stretched version of these wings, it’d look so majestic.
    Anyway.
    Bio: An alien princess from the planet Altar, a planet of exceptionally long lived winged humanoids, Nike is the daughter of King Pallas and Queen Styx. She is a formidable warrior and on Earth she is super strong and practically invulnerable. Like most of her species she is bisexual, as sexual attitudes are much more relaxed on Altar than on Earth. She crash landed on Earth whilst being chased by an alien slaver ship and she is now stuck here, until either human technology reaches a stage when she can be sent back home, or the Atlarians find her. She was rescued from the wreckage of her ship by Pride, and she joined the team, starting a relationship with fellow team member R-Gen. Confident, flirtatious and proud, she views Earth as a place to have fun, trying out as many new experiences as possible whilst she is stranded here.

You can find the original series back here: http://www.heromachine.com/forum/the-heromachine-art-gallery/jr19759-characters/page-25/
    It starts about half way down the page and carries on for the next two pages.

Stulte
    Participant

Cool character, in bio and design both. I really like her hair and the colours of her limbs.

WMDBASSPLAYER
    Participant

I haven’t looked through your thread in a while, JR. My guitar playing friend has been taking up a lot of my time for the past few months. Just too much here for me to pick any one thing to comment on, but i’m really impressed with the Backlight effect. I’ll have to try that. Your work is great!

JR19759
    Keymaster

Thanks guys.

I must say, I was quite amused when I found out today is International Day Against Homophobia. I did not know about that before MadJack posted about it on the blog, otherwise I’d have finished all of the Pride pictures by now and I’d have bulk posted them today. But I’m obviously not that organised, so you’re getting them one a day (apart from Monday, I’m going home from uni on Monday, so the CDC may be posted a bit later than usual btw).

Anyway, next up: Shift

Shift-RD.png

Bio: Born as a girl, Alex Kane always felt like he was in the wrong body. He tried to live life as a girl, he liked guys so other girls wouldn’t think of him as weird but he knew it wasn’t who he was. Not having enough money for gender reassignment surgery, he became suicidal, until his mutant power to shape-shift emerged. After some practice, he managed to learn to hold a male form indefinitely, only returning to his original female form in times of great emotional stress. After figuring out his identity problem, Alex turned his attentions to the other things his powers could do. He learnt to increase his muscle mass and strength by will, giving him super strength. He found out about Pride and, at a Gay Pride march, approached them to ask if he could join. They were convinced when his skills helped them stop a violent clash with a homophobic counter march. He has now struck up a romantic relationship with Chance, but he hasn’t told his lover about his true identity, fearing it may drive him away.

Note: I did actually do a female version of Shift this time as well, like I did originally. Buuuuuuuut, I’m really not all that keen on it, so it’s not getting posted. Sorry, but I don’t really want to be posting up sub-par artwork and I wanted to get this up today. Maybe I’ll have another go at it and post it in the future, but for the moment, sorry, no female version.

Timedrop23
    Participant

Nike’s hair is very creative, and your rainbow gradient technique never fails to impress.
    I’ll be releasing my own shape/mass shifter here in a bit.

Jeimuzu
    Participant

Nike looks stunning with those beautiful yellows and golds and of course like many have noted her hair is awesome. Love the bio on Shift, great outfit too, I’d wear that. Smile

JR19759
    Keymaster

Thanks guys. To be honest, the hair isn’t anything special, it’s just the fly away blown hair from the female hair section turned 90 degrees with the other fly away hair squashed up to make the fringe. The shading does make it look good, but it’s not amazing really. I was expecting people to talk about the gradient work yeah, but not the hair. Oh well, kind words are always nice, even if I don’t think all that much about what the kind words are about (not saying I hate the hair, it’s just meh, it didn’t turn out how I wanted it to and I think it looks a bit silly).

Anyway, next up: Enabler

Enabler-RD.png

Bio: A genius and a mutate, Enabler is able to mimic any power she can think of, although only one at any given time, as well as being able to enhance and sense the powers of others. Born by a surrogate mother for a gay couple who wished to have a family, she is one of the worlds most vocal supporters for LGBT rights. She met Double Trouble when they saved her from an assassination attempt during a public speech she was giving. Soon afterwards she helped Double Trouble form Pride, helping to find other super-powered LGBT individuals.

JR19759
    Keymaster

Next up: Chance

Chance-RD.png

Many LGBT people feel that they are different from other people, but for Michael Chase it was more a case of what isn’t different about him. He knew he was gay from a young age, and whilst his parents were accepting, other kids weren’t. He was bullied constantly, despite being a star athlete at both high school and college. In his early teens he discovered he had the power to affect probability, which, allied with taking up martial arts, meant the bullies soon learnt not to try to beat him up. However, one of his sports team-mates found out about his powers, getting him disbarred from competing. He moved away from home, getting a job as a fitness coach, until he met some of the members of Pride out on a Gay rights march. He joined the team after helping them stop a violent clash when a homophobic counter protest tried to disrupt the march. He has since started seeing his team-mate Shift, apparently unaware of his past.

Jeimuzu
    Participant

I’m really enjoying your bios. Enabler’s hair is too cool and those tattoos looks great on her. As always, I like the outfits you come up with for your characters, they always seem to fit their personalities so perfectly.

JR19759
    Keymaster

Thanks dude.

Anyway, before your regularly scheduled post (who am I kidding? I don’t have a schedule) I feel I need to give an apology. I know I’ve fallen behind with the Sharing Day videos on the blog as of late and there hasn’t been one up this week or the last. Problem is that stuff got really hectic and stupid last week, it was my last week of uni and I had a deadline on that Wednesday, plus a ton of other stuff I had to sort out before I could go home, so by the time I’d finished up and was ready to record I was completely drained and really in no position to record a video. And this week, now that I’m home my parents have been finding all sorts of stuff for me to do, so I was round my Nan’s helping her out and, if I’m honest, that takes priority over recording myself rambling. I might have to change the day I record and upload the videos to Thursday anyway, because my sister is off college on Wednesdays and there’s bound to be an argument over me being loud and waking her up (because she can sleep in like a champion), and I’d have recorded one today but, as you might have guessed, more stuff to sort out now that I’m finally home. Hopefully there will be one up next Thursday, I don’t think I’ll have much extra to do, but I thought I should at least explain why the Sharing Day seems to have disappeared, in case anyone actually cared.

Anyway, with that out of the way, heres another Pride redesign: R-Gen

R-Gen-RD.png

A tomboy mutate with the ability to alter her biology, generate mind altering pheromones and spit acid, R-Gen is a member of a LGBT team known as Pride. She was kicked out of her devout family after coming out as a lesbian, and she took shelter amongst other street kids until she was taken under the wing of Double Trouble, the leader of Pride. She has sparked up a relationship with her team-mate Nike, but she is wary of her lovers interest in members of the opposite sex, having developed an abandonment complex during her time on the streets. She tries to hide this by being very boisterous and outgoing, but she constantly fears losing her friends.

Viewing 15 posts - 1,141 through 1,155 (of 2,063 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.