JR’s Characters

Home Forums The HeroMachine Art Gallery JR’s Characters

Viewing 15 posts - 1,156 through 1,170 (of 2,063 total)
  • Author

Trekkie
    Participant

I love R-Gen’s outift- green and black is a good combo, and her hair’s cool too

JR19759
    Keymaster

Thanks Trekkie. I tried to keep it similar to the previous costume I had, but I had such trouble getting it together here and I’d say it’s probably the blandest of them so far. I guess green isn’t a creative colour after all.

Anyway, next up: Double Trouble. Note I didn’t say finally or penultimately, even though this is the last member of Pride. And no I’m not redesigning any of the villains or other characters I created for Pride first time round. I just let that one sit with y’all for a bit.

Double-Trouble-RD.png

The result of an experiment into creating the perfect humans, Double Trouble was created by using technology salvaged from a destroyed Negadroid, combined with biological technologies developed during previous forays into this field of research. The result was spectacular. Able to split into male and female halves, when in the split form xe has the ability to know exactly what the other is thinking. In xer amalgamated form, xe has an almost instantaneous healing factor as well as strength, speed and stamina far in excess of even a peak level athlete. The two halves both have the same power set but at half the strength of the amalgamated form. Due to xer ability to split into halves of either gender, xe does not truly identify as either gender, and xer amalgamated form is classed as inter-sex. Whilst in split form, despite being technically the same person, xe can pass xerself off as twins in public. Xe formed Pride to help protect the LGBT community from aggressive forces.

(I had to rewrite this bio. The old one made NO sense. At All. Period. I must have been either really tired or off my head when I wrote it.)
    Also, thanks to DiCicatriz for both the gender neutral pronouns and the original inspiration for the entire Pride team. Dunno if I suck up to you enough on your own thread man, but you are definitely my biggest inspiration on Heromachine and I have to give you a shout out considering how badly I ripped you off on the original Pride run.

Herr D
    Participant

If you really are that dissatisfied with R-Gen, give her the neon green–might go with her boisterousness.

–Oh, and for the graphic novel of Double Trouble? You might make it clear whether during splitting, xe can decide which half gets the full bladder. (Saving time by going to the restroom DURING doing something else could easily backfire or double the leads noticed during an investigation?)

DiCicatriz
    Participant

Hey thanks for the shoutout! And don’t worry, I never took the first run of Pride as a rip off, you certainly had some imaginative ideas that I didn’t (for instance: Nike and Double Trouble, an alien and clone/twin/intersex/hybrid/siblings are certainly different than a bunch of ordinary young folks zapped by a broken magic crystal haha)

Oh and for future reference, I think the xe pronouns break down like this:

Subject: xe
    Object: xem
    Possessive: xir
    Reflexive: xirself (perhaps rarely xemself)

Trekkie
    Participant

@DiCicatriz said:
    Oh and for future reference, I think the xe pronouns break down like this:

Subject: xe
    Object: xem
    Possessive: xir
    Reflexive: xirself (perhaps rarely xemself)

In my experience, I’m pretty sure that’s how they work (though ‘xir’ and ‘xirself’ can also be spelt with a y). Incidentally, ze/hir/hirself are a fairly common non-binary pronoun set. Actually, hope you don’t mind me dumping this on your thread, but this wikipedia article has a rather neat table with pronouns partway down. Also a quick google search for ‘non-binary pronouns’ should yield some helpful results.

Keep up with the redesigns, though- they’re coming on great

JR19759
    Keymaster

@Herr D- It’s not so much the colour scheme I’m not happy with, it’s more the costume, I couldn’t get a good one visualised and what I did end up with wasn’t entirely what I wanted it to be. And as for the split that’s one thing I never considered. I’d assume maybe each’d both just get half, I dunno.
    @DiCicatriz- I was thinking more along the lines of the logo and costume ideas (plus the fact that I accidentally stole the Anarchqueers name from you. I knew it sounded too good for me to have just come up with it out of the blue, but I just couldn’t place where I’d heard it before, until I went through your thread a few days later then I was just like “$&*%, I hope he doesn’t mind”. Oh well).

@DiCicatriz
    & Trekkie- I’ll keep that for future reference. I didn’t butcher them too badly at least, just a few e’s instead of i’s, hopefully that doesn’t matter too much, they’d sound exactly the same if I said it out loud.

Aaaaaaaanyway. Penultimate person. Well, I say person, technically this is the last “person” I’ll be doing, but this is the penultimate picture. And it’s a newbie, so new scope for me to mess up the bio. Yay.

http://www.heromachine.com/wp-content/legacy/forum-image-uploads/jr19759/2014/05/White-Lie.png

Life was never easy for Tavio Fernandez. Born in the U.S to a family who had illegally crossed in to the country from Mexico, he lost his family at a young age due to gang violence in his local neighbourhood, with his parents being innocent casualties in a drive by shooting. Afterwards, Tavio was taken into the foster care system. Raised in some less than favourable places and often moved from foster home to foster home, his childhood was never settled and it got worse during his teens. Not only did he have to figure out his way in the world, dealing with the normal teenage problems of sexuality and belonging, but he also had to deal with the emergence of his mutant power, which allowed his to alter reality by lying, making what ever he said come true. Even though he could undo the effect of these lies by telling the truth, their ramifications put him in uncomfortable and sometimes dangerous situations. His actions made him enemies, coupled with the fact that his social awkwardness and possible homosexuality making him a target for bullying and abuse, his life began to go bad very quickly. Fortunately, his case was brought to the attention of Pride, via one of Chance’s old school friends (a foster worker who had worked with Tavio) and the hero took Tavio under his wing, helping him straighten his life out and figure out his place in the world. Tavio seized the opportunity to put his powers to good use and joined the group under the alias of White Lie.

Timedrop23
    Participant

So…
    An alias is a fake name, which is a lie.
    But his power makes lies true.
    Which makes White Lie his real name.
    Which makes it impossible for him to have a secret identity.
    Unless someone else gave him the alias and he never tells anyone his real name or his alias?
    Or perhaps you could have cosmic irony interfere with his powers?

Your character makes my head hurt. But not too much.

Mad Jack
    Participant

Great idea for a powerset, very nice story! I know some people (my dad included) who wish they had that power since they already believe in their own lies… Wink

Why the confusion Timedrop? If he simply says “They call me the White Lie” it isn’t a lie and nothing will happen … Laugh

JR19759
    Keymaster

Anyway, this took way longer than it should have, mostly due to me having to look for a job now I’ve finished uni, which is the most soul crushing thing ever. It limits my ‘machining time to just a few hours in the evening, which makes it a bit hard to get much done, especially when you’re redressing and reshading 6 characters and completely redoing the 7th. But I think it was worth it. Oh and I already know who is going to be getting the most comments here, because she is easily the best design of all of them and probably my favourite costume design I’ve done since Mr. E last summer.
    But that’s enough blabbering from me, here’s the finale to my Pride redesigns, the group shot.
    http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2014/155/b/0/pride_rd_by_jr19759-d7l0xl5.png

From Left To Right:
    Chance- Gay
    Nike- Bisexual
    R-Gen- Lesbian
    Enabler- Ally
    White Lie- Questioning
    Double Trouble- Intersex
    Shift- Transgender

Jeimuzu
    Participant

Awesome! Nike’s new costume is brilliant. But I wish I could see the whole group shot. I know sometimes when I upload a group shot it usually gets cut off, but there’s usually a link under the picture that one could click on to see the whole image. Perhaps you uploaded it in a different way.

JR19759
    Keymaster

Yeah, the file was to big to upload normally, so I uploaded it through deviantart. To get the whole thing to show, just right click and open it in a new tab.

Jeimuzu
    Participant

@JR19759 said:

Yeah, the file was to big to upload normally, so I uploaded it through deviantart. To get the whole thing to show, just right click and open it in a new tab.

Oh, nice. Didn’t know I could do that. Thanks for the tip, glad I can look at your group shot now, I gotta say I really like the team insignia.

JR19759
    Keymaster

Thanks dude. I enjoy messing around with the gradient rectangle, it’s probably my second favourite item to use after the wings that I used on Nike (yep, I have favourite items, I’m sad I know).

JR19759
    Keymaster

So, I’ve discovered a new formula. It goes JR + Chill Out Music= this

Sunset1.png

Hope y’all like it.

If I had the skill to do a couple sitting watching the sunset, I’da done that, because that’s the kinda mood I’m in at the moment, but I don’t, which is a shame, but oh well.

djuby
    Participant

They are probably lying down in the long grass. Lovely.

Viewing 15 posts - 1,156 through 1,170 (of 2,063 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.