JR’s Characters

Home Forums The HeroMachine Art Gallery JR’s Characters

Viewing 15 posts - 481 through 495 (of 2,063 total)
  • Author

Myro
    Participant

@Trekkie said:

@prswirve said:
    I dig the bow tie.

Well of course. As we all know, bow ties are cool (sorry, couldn’t resist).

I really need to start watching Doctor Who with some regularity.

Also, I’m really digging the Fairy Tale Fighters.

JR19759
    Keymaster

@Myro said:

I really need to start watching Doctor Who with some regularity.

Also, I’m really digging the Fairy Tale Fighters.

Yes you do need to start watching Doctor Who, it is the best TV currently shown on TV. I believe it is on on BBC America, but they’re currently between series. It should be back sometime in the spring.

Glad you like the FTFs

Weilyn

I have to admit, I’ve never seen a single episode of Doctor Who. When my last room mate found out he insisted I turned in my geek card.

On topic: I really like Jack’s design.

JR19759
    Keymaster

@Weilyn said:

I have to admit, I’ve never seen a single episode of Doctor Who. When my last room mate found out he insisted I turned in my geek card.

On topic: I really like Jack’s design.

I agree with him, you must turn in your geek card and go find some Doctor Who to watch.

JR19759
    Keymaster

Back on topic

Thumbelina

http://th06.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/f/2013/049/4/c/thumbelina_by_jr19759-d5velcr.png

A mutate with the ability to shift her size. She can become as tall as a skyscraper or smaller than an atom. Her strength increases as she grows or shrinks so she is a very fearsome fighter. However, her abilities have been known to ‘stick’, trapping her at different sizes for up to an hour. She was orphaned as a young child and taken in by her aunt. However, her aunt tried to keep her locked up and even tried to sell her into marriage until her powers started to show. When she first discovered her powers, she shrank down and escaped under the door of her room and she has been running ever since. She was taken in by the Fairy Tale Fighters, who are the first people since her parents died who have been a family to Thumbelina.

JR19759
    Keymaster

The Pied Piper

Pied-Piper.png

A virtuoso musician and brilliant inventor, born into a city ruled by a criminal gang known as The Rats. After seeing everyone he loved taken away from him by The Rats, he took inspiration from folklore and became The Pied Piper, fashioning himself a flute that transformed the music he plays into a hypnotic wave that he uses to fight crime, by making the criminals good.

JR19759
    Keymaster

Prince Charming

http://www.heromachine.com/wp-content/legacy/forum-image-uploads/jr19759/2013/02/Prince-Charming.png

The leader and founder of the Fairy Tale Fighters, Prince Charming was an experiment into human genetics. Alongside his wife, The Princess, he was an attempt to create the perfect human. Both have peak physical conditioning and high durability against injury. They share an almost telepathic bond and are a highly effective crime fighting team. Before the experiment was complete, the laboratory was attacked by The Wicked Witch, a villainess who uses a combination of magic and science and takes her inspiration from fairy tales. Both Prince Charming and The Princess were woken prematurely and latched on to the Wicked Witch’s fairy tale persona, but their natural heroic natures meant that they fought to protect the scientists who were under attack. Believing that they were indeed fairy tale characters brought to life, they left the laboratory and began helping people as superheroes. However, The Princess was later kidnapped, forcing Prince Charming to put together a team of other fairy tale superheroes to aid him in finding and freeing his love.

JR19759
    Keymaster

Last one of the Fairy Tale Fighters

The Princess

The-Princess.png

The wife of Prince Charming, she was developed in conjunction with him in a laboratory, as a genetic experiment trying to create the perfect humans. The experiment was a success, but both subjects were released too early after the Wicked Witch attacked the lab. They believe themselves to be fairy tale characters brought to life and now fight crime together, until The Princess was kidnapped by The Wicked Witch, leading Prince Charming to form the Fairy Tale Fighters to help free her.

JR19759
    Keymaster

Ok onto something new. I was inspired by Dicicatriz for this one. I loved the idea of his LGBT team, so I’m doing my own.

First up:

R-Gen
    R-Gen.png

A tomboy mutate with the ability to alter her biology, generate mind altering pheromones and spit acid, R-Gen is a member of a LGBT team known as Pride. She was kicked out of her devout family after coming out as a lesbian, and she took shelter amongst other street kids until she was taken under the wing of Double Trouble, the leader of Pride. She has sparked up a relationship with her team-mate Nike, but she is wary of her lovers interest in members of the opposite sex, having developed an abandonment complex during her time on the streets. She tries to hide this by being very boisterous and outgoing, but she constantly fears losing her friends.

Vampyrist
    Participant

I like the hair

JR19759
    Keymaster

@Vampyrist said:

I like the hair

I am particularly proud of that I must admit. It’s the first time I’ve done anything like it.

Weilyn

I really love your work, but some of the pictures that you upload are a bit… blurry. Sorry, I’m not sure of the correct English term, but it’s especially noticeable with your latest group shot. I’m not sure what’s wrong, and maybe it’s just me.

The only reason I comment on this is that your talent is of such great quality that I think it’s a shame that the pictures themselves don’t do it justice.

JR19759
    Keymaster

@Weilyn said:

I really love your work, but some of the pictures that you upload are a bit… blurry. Sorry, I’m not sure of the correct English term, but it’s especially noticeable with your latest group shot. I’m not sure what’s wrong, and maybe it’s just me.

The only reason I comment on this is that your talent is of such great quality that I think it’s a shame that the pictures themselves don’t do it justice.

I know, I think I accidentally resized the images after I exported them. The only way I could fix it would be to go back into the program and export them at a higher resolution, then redo the group shot. I don’t really understand why it happens but it does, and it’s a right pain.

JR19759
    Keymaster

Next up for Pride

Chance

Chance.png

Most LGBT people know that they are different from other people, but for Michael Chase it was more a case of what wasn’t different about him. He knew he was gay from a young age, and whilst his parents were accepting, other kids weren’t. He was bullied constantly, despite being a star athlete at both high school and college. In his early teens he discovered he had the power to affect probability, which, allied with taking up martial arts, meant the bullies soon learnt not to try to beat him up. However, one of his sports team-mates found out about his powers, getting him disbarred from competing. He moved away from home, getting a job as a fitness coach, until he met some of the members of Pride out on a Gay rights march. He joined the team after helping them stop a violent clash when a homophobic counter protest tried to disrupt the march. He has since started seeing his team-mate Shift, apparently unaware of his past.

JR19759
    Keymaster

Nike

Nike.png

An alien princess from the planet Altar, a planet of exceptionally long lived winged humanoids, Nike is the daughter of King Pallas and Queen Styx. She is a formidable warrior and on Earth she is super strong and practically invulnerable. Like most of her species she is bisexual, as sexual attitudes are much more relaxed on Altar than on Earth. She crash landed on Earth whilst being chased by an alien slaver ship and she is now stuck here, until either human technology reaches a stage when she can be sent back home, or the Atlarians find her. She was rescued from the wreckage of her ship by Pride, and she joined the team, starting a relationship with fellow team member R-Gen. Confident, flirtatious and proud, she views Earth as a place to have fun, trying out as many new experiences as possible whilst she is stranded here.

Viewing 15 posts - 481 through 495 (of 2,063 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.